SP - General Lords escaping

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know if am i doing something wrong but enemy lords i capture escapes after few days no matter what. I have prisoners below the limit, or i just dump him to a castle dungeon. It doesn't matter. They run away like it is nothing.

Is it really? I've noticed when I have them locked up in a castle, after a few days it says "barter accepted," I get a few thousand denars and they disappear.

I think the game forces you to ransom them after a few days, unless I'm understanding that wrong.

But this is still broken IMO. They need to change this. At least make it so you can keep them prisoner for longer -- like many months if not years.

Right now, the game makes executing lords one of the only ways to progress in a war unless you already have a huge army or many vassals. They always come back with groups of new solders that pop out of nowhere -- literally.

We should be able to hold them prisoners as long as, if not, till the end of the war. I don't want to execute lords.
+1

Is it really? I've noticed when I have them locked up in a castle, after a few days it says "barter accepted," I get a few thousand denars and they disappear.

I think the game forces you to ransom them after a few days, unless I'm understanding that wrong.

But this is still broken IMO. They need to change this. At least make it so you can keep them prisoner for longer -- like many months if not years.

Right now, the game makes executing lords one of the only ways to progress in a war unless you already have a huge army or many vassals. They always come back with groups of new solders that pop out of nowhere -- literally.
I've never gotten denari when lords have escaped from my castles, they've just left.

I've never gotten denari when lords have escaped from my castles, they've just left.
Yeah, it's definitely bugged then. I always had like 8 lords in the dungeon at any given time so perhaps some of mine force-ransomed while the others just escaped. Tough to tell since my notifications just overwrite each other.

I would like to be able to hold them instead of executing them, otherwise they are back right away with a decent sized party that magically has heavy cav...I hope taleworlds will take a look at it???

I suspect the high escape chance is an attempt to counter the snowballing effect. Otherwise you could simply keep locking nobles up with no consequences and remove a factions chance to fight back completely.

But it does feel wrong that no matter what you do, a lord will be back almost immediately with an army(usually trash army, but still). Continued ransoming should eventually dry them and their clan out financially, reducing the number and quality of troops they can gather afterwards. But with everyone running around with many hundreds of thousands denars kinda ruins that idea(if the money is actually really deducted from their clans).

I suspect the high escape chance is an attempt to counter the snowballing effect. Otherwise you could simply keep locking nobles up with no consequences and remove a factions chance to fight back completely.

But it does feel wrong that no matter what you do, a lord will be back almost immediately with an army(usually trash army, but still). Continued ransoming should eventually dry them and their clan out financially, reducing the number and quality of troops they can gather afterwards. But with everyone running around with many hundreds of thousands denars kinda ruins that idea(if the money is actually really deducted from their clans).

I get the snowballing effect but if I'm executing them all anyway because dungeons don't work it defeats that mindset because like you said they are back right away with a army its so annoying stopping the same lord from raiding my village 10+ times...No idea if gold is a real thing to the clans and factions but it seems like every lord I talk to is over 500k...hell I'm at 2M in my current game haha.

Removing nobles from the enemy's fighting forces is about the only way, imo, to positively affect your side's possibility of success. But being unable to keep them off the field means no one ever wins. I had a stretch of 33 messages in my encyclopedia entry saying I had captured so-and-so. Several of them I took several times! How many did I ransom? ZERO. They all escaped.

How does Talewinds ever expect us to win a war? You cannot remove the enemy's generals for long enough to do any good. (Sorry - I should mention I am one of those who will not execute prisoners.)

Removing nobles from the enemy's fighting forces is about the only way, imo, to positively affect your side's possibility of success. But being unable to keep them off the field means no one ever wins. I had a stretch of 33 messages in my encyclopedia entry saying I had captured so-and-so. Several of them I took several times! How many did I ransom? ZERO. They all escaped.

How does Talewinds ever expect us to win a war? You cannot remove the enemy's generals for long enough to do any good. (Sorry - I should mention I am one of those who will not execute prisoners.)
I also don't execute them and understand what you mean very much.
I once fought with the same enemy general like 2 or 3 times during the same siege.

There are 3 things I believe should be done to make it better for those of us that don't execute our enemies.
  1. The mini-game I mentioned here giving a chance to stop the escape and recapture the prisoners.
  2. Lowering the rate at which it happens to make it a somewhat rare event, meaning most prisoners will be jailed for a fairly long time.
  3. Give a chance to talk to your prisoners and possibly convince some of them of joining your side.

At least in 1.4 there are notes that would relate to them taking a bit longer to be home after escape and not showing up with quite as many troops. Is that helping with the cycle of them escaping right away and standing at you with another army?

At least in 1.4 there are notes that would relate to them taking a bit longer to be home after escape and not showing up with quite as many troops. Is that helping with the cycle of them escaping right away and standing at you with another army?
I have put a break for a while on Bannerlord waiting for a bit more updates as I want to see the game with a few more changes.
I like to play a lot each time I play so I don't want to get tired or sick of the game before it comes out of EA.
I've read the 1.4 note, went into the game to see if my save game was still loading, did one thing or another around me to check for visible bugs, like walk around town and fight in a tournament, saved and that is about it.

I'll probably play for reals around 1.6 or 1.7, so I can't really answer if 1.4 increasing the time for lords to reach home actually made too much of a difference in that regard.
But the main issue is not at them reaching home, but at them always escaping within a week to a month when that should really be somewhat of a rare event.

Less than 10% of them should be able to escape and out of those, some should even be recaptured.
Escaping from jail, even more so from inside a dungeon, is actually really hard.
The other 90% should only be released through ransom or in case the player or the castle where the dungeon is in is defeated.

I tell you - unless you can chip away the enemy's generals, you're never going to accomplish the big quest (Istiana's or Algeron's). The AI is too stupid to find the pressure points. Yesterday, I passed Monchug (Khusaiti) right after our war with Aserai concluded and yet another (third? Fourth?) broke out with the Southern Kingdom - he was headed to the far end of our territory to attack in the far north! From Aserai! What was wrong with taking his half of our kingdom's warriors and capturing, say, Danustica? One-third of the trek, fitting in with our recent acquisitions of Husn Fulq and its nearby castle, and next to a river pinch point.

Back
Top Bottom