Lords equipment, ruler equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

I am doing a roleplay run for fun and i'm interested in what the lords are wearing. Some of it I can see, some of it I cannot. Some of the things I am actually unsure where they are coming from, such as the helms they wear.

Anyways, my question is : How do I see the equipment that a Lord/Lady/King/Emperor is wearing so I can duplicate it on my own character to fit the aspect of the kingdom I am a part of?

Furthermore, how do I get some of the helmets they are wearing which seem to be completely unavailable despite having a smith in the city? Does it require me to input some speciality bars into the trade items list so they can use them? Does this actually do anything? What I mean is : If I smelt a bunch of swords and come up with bars and then sell them in a city with a smith, will the smith USE those bars to create certain armors?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt; some of it may be outdated/wrong information.

All the items can appear in stores. Some of them require a smithy in-town to appear; high prosperity also plays a role here so you may lack this. The gold the town has also affects this but I do not remember if the gold itself is tied to prosperity (they also refresh after some days if you deplete them)

The smithy will consume raw materials (so, yes in your question) to create final products. There is a chance that dictates which product is gonna get created, with better items having lower probability. So you can make the smithy produce items but you cannot influence which item is gonna get created AFAIK

Please correct me if I am wrong people!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt; some of it may be outdated/wrong information.

All the items can appear in stores. Some of them require a smithy in-town to appear; high prosperity also plays a role here so you may lack this. The gold the town has also affects this but I do not remember if the gold itself is tied to prosperity (they also refresh after some days if you deplete them)

The smithy will consume raw materials (so, yes in your question) to create final products. There is a chance that dictates which product is gonna get created, with better items having lower probability. So you can make the smithy produce items but you cannot influence which item is gonna get created AFAIK

Gotcha.

So even if I don't take smithing it will help in the long run to break extra items down and deposit them. Awesome. Thanks.

So i'm actually going to test this theory in my RP run to see if this is still the case. I'm going to sink enough into smithing just to get better refining in regards to wood and then force feed a local smith to see what happens. I will post results.

So i'm actually going to test this theory in my RP run to see if this is still the case. I'm going to sink enough into smithing just to get better refining in regards to wood and then force feed a local smith to see what happens. I will post results.

I went a bit searching on the forum to save you sometime from the tests. Gold does not play any role anymore. As for item prices that are mentioned in the post: gear prices have decreased since that post but I cannot say if that increased the chances of the "ultra"/expensive item appearing, or they normalized the chances somehow differently.
Equipment spawning is no longer tied to the amount of money a town has (and therefore not tied to prosperity either). That was changed a few patches ago.

When a workshop has done enough work to "produce" a certain type of equipment at a particular tier, then it randomly selects an item of the correct culture from a list based on the base value of the item. It's a weighted random, so more expensive items are selected less often than less expensive items. The most expensive armors in the game belong to the category "ultra armor," and some of the highest quality armors in that category are really expensive compared to the other lower quality items, so they are rarely selected to be created as a result.

For "ultra" tier armor, it takes both Artisan and Smithy workshops 10 days to produce one piece of equipment from that category, so those armors don't get as many chances to spawn, further increasing their rarity. Also, if the workshop does not have enough of the required raw goods to use as inputs, the production gets wasted and starts over.

The devs have plans at some point to change the pricing structure of equipment so that the highest quality items are not as expensive, so as a result, those armors will be created by workshops more often after it's implemented.

Back
Top Bottom