Lords defections

Users who are viewing this thread

Madeloc

Regular
Hello, I'm using the mod "Diplomacy", so I'm not sure if what comes is related to this mod.

Lately (on 1.8.0), I find that they are often defections from clans in the kingdoms for which I fight (rather than creating my kingdom I prefer to wait for the death of the ruler, and often I'm elected as new ruler, but that's not the statement here).

So I have nothing against defections when they feel logical, for example when a realm starts really to sinck in the depths of defeats and has lost much holdings, I can understand.

But lately, these are f----ing assholes who leave healthy and wealthy kingdoms, kingdoms in which they ususally have largely been rewarded in towns/castles, and suddenly, "paf", they defect. IMO there is no point at defecting if your ruler treats you well and that the kingdoms is healthy ! That sounds weird to my hears !

Currently I'm ruler of Vlandia (Derthert died of old age - lol - lol because the old age is 51 :wink: ) - but that's not the problem of me ruling, I have seen clans defections while playing others cultures too, some having even been really largely rewarded (like 2 towns and 2 castle), and they defect. And what is weird is that usually the realm they defect is healthy, like already said sooner.

This is out of any logical behaviour in my opinion. So I don't know if it's just an 1.8.0 issue or related to the mod "Diplomacy" (which, btw has issues in Diplomacy/War menu with marked nations, and who is at war with who, but not the place to speak about this).

So, finaly, what about those defections? Is it the result of biased AI, is it wanted to improve the difficulty?

Hello, I'm using the mod "Diplomacy", so I'm not sure if what comes is related to this mod.

Lately (on 1.8.0), I find that they are often defections from clans in the kingdoms for which I fight (rather than creating my kingdom I prefer to wait for the death of the ruler, and often I'm elected as new ruler, but that's not the statement here).

So I have nothing against defections when they feel logical, for example when a realm starts really to sinck in the depths of defeats and has lost much holdings, I can understand.

But lately, these are f----ing assholes who leave healthy and wealthy kingdoms, kingdoms in which they ususally have largely been rewarded in towns/castles, and suddenly, "paf", they defect. IMO there is no point at defecting if your ruler treats you well and that the kingdoms is healthy ! That sounds weird to my hears !

Currently I'm ruler of Vlandia (Derthert died of old age - lol - lol because the old age is 51 :wink: ) - but that's not the problem of me ruling, I have seen clans defections while playing others cultures too, some having even been really largely rewarded (like 2 towns and 2 castle), and they defect. And what is weird is that usually the realm they defect is healthy, like already said sooner.

This is out of any logical behaviour in my opinion. So I don't know if it's just an 1.8.0 issue or related to the mod "Diplomacy" (which, btw has issues in Diplomacy/War menu with marked nations, and who is at war with who, but not the place to speak about this).

So, finaly, what about those defections? Is it the result of biased AI, is it wanted to improve the difficulty?
It is a bug in the 1.8.0 version.
I have it happen too, but my Kingdom has so much power, that I can re-conquer the fiefs of the defector clan in 2 in-game weeks.
Clans should value their fiefs and the security to keep their fiefs a lot more, because it makes no sense, that they defect to an enemy and after 2 weeks, they have lost all their fiefs to their former kingdom.

It is a bug in the 1.8.0 version.
I have it happen too, but my Kingdom has so much power, that I can re-conquer the fiefs of the defector clan in 2 in-game weeks.
Clans should value their fiefs and the security to keep their fiefs a lot more, because it makes no sense, that they defect to an enemy and after 2 weeks, they have lost all their fiefs to their former kingdom.
Yes you are right, further more they lose back their fiefs to their former kingdoms quickly.

BTW a bit, irritating, one of my companions, which I just ennobled - aserai - so as to avoid culture problems with Quyaz (gave him that fief and Tubilis castle) - defected after like even not one week ingame !!!! that's stupid ! Relation 100, because he had also led parties and I helped him several times. Well, too bad for him. He will lost all :smile:
But that's completely inconsistant, good relation, several "years" of good working together and the guy betrays after a few days...

Yeah it's a bug "being investigated", (and TW if somehow it isn't, just pretend it is and remove whatever you changed, when you have constant flow of players saying it's a problem it needs to just be removed). I think TW wanted more defections for defeated factions but some how caused defections for powerful factions as well as it seems to be once the factions fief#, vasal #, or power (or some combination) is enough they start to defect (to weak broken faction). It could be they also wanted to lol-balance so big factions would have defectors..... but I hope not cuz that's a really annoying and silly idea. I don't want more padding or repetition in the game.

Yeah it's a bug "being investigated", (and TW if somehow it isn't, just pretend it is and remove whatever you changed, when you have constant flow of players saying it's a problem it needs to just be removed). I think TW wanted more defections for defeated factions but some how caused defections for powerful factions as well as it seems to be once the factions fief#, vasal #, or power (or some combination) is enough they start to defect (to weak broken faction). It could be they also wanted to lol-balance so big factions would have defectors..... but I hope not cuz that's a really annoying and silly idea. I don't want more padding or repetition in the game.
Yes. At some point it is really very unpleasant and painful. I'm still on my Vlandian playtrhough, and for no reason, one of the richest and strongest clans (Aldric, dey Thir) defected to join Sturgia, to whom remains one castle. They declared war and had immediately like 10 nobles prisoners since thet were staying in Vlandian towns ahahah - well, but at this point this bug is killing the game. Going to reload, hoping they do not defect again. Else there is no end possible, plus this is completely not logical as a behaviour. Was finding that kind of funny at the start, but it is ruinning the game - to which lacks a lot of features, particularly about diplomacy; dialogs vs evenments, etc, etc, etc.

I created this forum account just to report this problem. It's absolutely ridiculous. (For reference, I am not using the Diplomacy mod; using base 1.8.0 beta)

My latest example: just defeated four Khuzait armies as my own Imperial faction, 3000+ soldiers dead or captured while they tried to take one of my vassal's castles. Days later I am riding to Lycaron to sell the prisoners, and the vassal whose castle I just saved defected to the Khuzaits. @_@

This really should be their number 1 priority to fix.

What is crazy to me is that they release a hotfix that didnt actually fix the bug that has hard stopped a large number of the most dedicated players from playing. This defection bug makes the already significant task of starting your own kingdom so much more frustrating

Back
Top Bottom