Lords Constantly Getting Caught By Looters/Bandits

Users who are viewing this thread

I see it near constantly, the AI simply isn't intelligent enough to know to travel with a sizeable war party.

I saw the ruler of the Battanians get captured by 7 looters because he attacked them with zero troops, it is routine to see leaders running around with nothing but wounded troops or with no troops at all making them ripe for the taking.

THIS IS COMMON PLACE:

This is undoubtedly part of the reason the AI snowballs so much resulting in a map with a single faction within an ingame year, at one point half the lords of the Southern Empire were imprisoned by random bandits.

It makes no sense to me that AI Lords ESPECIALLY AI Rulers would behave this way.

If the lord has no army, he should greatly outrun any looters. So I guess the problem is that he willingly engaged them in a fight he was sure to lose. It sounds like a bug to me.

If the lord has no army, he should greatly outrun any looters. So I guess the problem is that he willingly engaged them in a fight he was sure to lose. It sounds like a bug to me.

The AI path finding on the world map is also atrocious, they take a straight line and don't seem to feel the need to evade unless the party is overwhelmingly large.

The AI path finding on the world map is also atrocious, they take a straight line and don't seem to feel the need to evade unless the party is overwhelmingly large.
I agree , I did the quest in wich you follow a caravan to protect it and in a cerain area it went through a portion of the sea . That might be just a visual bug but still ....

On a Youtube gameplay today, I saw a Companion Party of 36 attack a troop of 72. Then, with his 6 left, it attacked the enemy that was reduced to 22. Then, with his 2 left, he did another suicidal attack and got captured. :razz:

Here is the video starting at the approx. moment (07:20 to 08:24) you see this crazy Party AI or lack or...

Yeah I've seen this a fair bit in my game as well. I remember a couple patches back there was a fix that addressed the issue and said it should be better now. I think I have noticed since then that it does happen just a little bit less now, but yeah I'm still seeing it commonly enough.

I think part of the issue might be the snowball-y effect of armies. They siege/defend 3 targets in a row, and then suddenly they are far away from home as 6 parties split up and each have like single digit troops left with a lot of wounded and prisoners slowing them down. Since bandit/looter spawn rates are quite high in most people's games right now it then just becomes a matter of time before they get caught up.

Yes, it is clear that the AI of your lords is quite suicidal. But, thinking about the most entertaining, I think that the bandit troops should be bigger, and that there is a real danger of rebellion and internal battles. And the game should generate interesting stories to rescue lords in hideouts. They have everything to do it: hideouts, lords, bandits ... I think doing a mission to rescue a lord and that this mission will raise you +20 in your relationship with the lord, or allow them to pass to your side ... there are a lot of play there.

Back
Top Bottom