Lord's Changed (secretly)

Users who are viewing this thread

The new lords are "wonderful".

Picard, Shrek, Thanos, etc...

BL-Thanos.jpg

I have that feeling, to an extent. Something about the eyes is off, I just can't put it into words yet. Probably the look of surprise every notable has 100% of the time.

I'm fine with that, though. Just can't get the "melt one half of the face off" slider out of my mind yet. xP
Some khuzaits face looks like Elves from Elder scrolls

No problem.

As for DCC, it's rather lightweight. It isn't adding any new values to the game, just a way to modify values that ARE in the game, but have no sliders to change them. NPC faces follow the exact same pattern PC faces do, so, nothing new there either. To my understanding you shouldn't face any problems (no pun intended) with the save should you decide to use it and then delete it.

If you don't feel like messing with face editors right now, however, I'm sure someone is already making a mod to change faces back in one package. That's the benefit of having a moddable engine with a vibrant modder community on top of that xD.

To my knowledge, the NPC faces are normally set once and then never changed in an unmodded game. So while you stick to that save, the face should remain the same. Might be wrong about that though.
Thanks again, I have not been able to install DCC or rather get it to show up in the mods tab. Others have reported that issue on the mods page and so far I have not seen a solution. Do you know where the content should go to try a manual install? I tried various file locations and cannot get it to show up.

Thanks again, I have not been able to install DCC or rather get it to show up in the mods tab. Others have reported that issue on the mods page and so far I have not seen a solution. Do you know where the content should go to try a manual install? I tried various file locations and cannot get it to show up.
The archive you've downloaded contains a folder called Modules
Inside are likely two folders - !DCC and zzCharacterCreation

Navigate to your installation folder via Steam (Right click on the game - properties - local files - browse local files). You'll see a folder called Modules in the Bannerlord install folder.

In the end, !DCC and zzCharacterCreation are supposed to both be in Modules folder. On a clean install with no other mods but DCC, your Modules folder would contain
- !DCC
- CustomBattle
- Native
- Sandbox
- SandBoxCore
- StoryMode
- zzCharacterCreation

Now launch the game and check both of these in the Mods tab of the launcher, and you're good to go.

The archive you've downloaded contains a folder called Modules
Inside are likely two folders - !DCC and zzCharacterCreation

Navigate to your installation folder via Steam (Right click on the game - properties - local files - browse local files). You'll see a folder called Modules in the Bannerlord install folder.

In the end, !DCC and zzCharacterCreation are supposed to both be in Modules folder. On a clean install with no other mods but DCC, your Modules folder would contain
- !DCC
- CustomBattle
- Native
- Sandbox
- SandBoxCore
- StoryMode
- zzCharacterCreation

Now launch the game and check both of these in the Mods tab of the launcher, and you're good to go.
Sorry to report this did not work for me, I made sure the folders are installed just as you described and for the version I run 1.2.1 and it gave me a bunch of errors and the game could not launch. So at this point I am leaving it alone, the appearance change does not bother me to the extend that I want to risk breaking my current game. Got it to work after removing the mod files. Thanks for your input regardless.

Hey, beta 1.4.0 players, have they fixed these ugly faces yet?
All this time waiting for them to change something you could easily have changed yourself.
I dont want them changed i have no issues with them and if i do find ones i dont like i am not so lazy that i wont do it myself.
Constantly altering faces trying to please everyone is not only a waste of time but impossible.

well i would love to have the job to make the Characters for this game....
And with DCC you can just for your game only :smile:
I wasn't keen on Ira in my game so i made changes to my taste did the same with Silvind in my last playthrough.
As i have said before looks are subjective you can't please everyone.
The tools are there for anyone to use if they are that unhappy with what they see.
nSNGmFt.jpg

For me the decision to make characters more 'cartoonish' is one of the better they could make about their appearances.

Realistic style may seems better considering the 'brutal' medieval era, but then it makes characters less distinguishable from each other, therefore forgettable. It's known truth, that you'd recognize person faster when looking at caricature than seeing their fully realistic painting. And, when you compare Warcraft III and Oblivion answer which game looks better now (first one came out in 2003, second one in 2006). Oblivion tried to be realistic, and it was! Every reviewer was delighted by it's graphics!

But now Warcraft 3 still looks good (maybe little 'pointy') when Oblivion seems... shiny?

You may say: 'That makes them less serious! How can I swear oath to a Popeye?!'

Well...

Firstly: It's not Popeye cartoon level. It's more like CIV V level, which is halfway through being 'realistic' and 'cartoonish'.

Secondly: Look at 'The Walking Dead', 'Wolf Among Us' or other Telltale's games. Graphics there are much more stylized than on new lords' portraits but it didn't make those games feel less serious. Instead you had no problem telling who is who and you emotionally attached to characters with ease.

Thirdly: It gives them personality. Take any actor. They are real people, so they look realistic (no way!) but they can get into any role, have any personality, according to their role in the movie. But when you take Obelix' picture you instantly know who he is. Maybe you don't know, that he has some traumatic story with soup drowning, but you certainly see that he's good-hearted, likes eating and barbarian. Through more stylized images you can show at least half the things, that you'd must tell if you only had a photo.
I hated how Warcraft 3 looked at the time... and I hate it even more now. What is your point? I loved Oblivion and still think the graphics hold up fine.

All this time waiting for them to change something you could easily have changed yourself.
I dont want them changed i have no issues with them and if i do find ones i dont like i am not so lazy that i wont do it myself.
Constantly altering faces trying to please everyone is not only a waste of time but impossible.

TW is getting paid to make the game. Why the hell should we have to do it for them?

They changed the faces of the Jawwal clan. Now the heroes of this clan are in majority: either Caucasians, or black men with Caucasian traits. I have no problem with the presence of these traits in this clan, but they must not represent a majority. There are very few heroes with characteristics from the Middle East or Africa in this clan now (especially very few white or dark-skin arabs, very few Berbers or other peoples of these regions). This must be fixed, please.

Horrible change for sure but you can fix it. Revert to an older version, go into Modules/SandBox/ModuleData and save a copy of lords.xml to a different folder before you update again, search for whoever you didn't like the changes to. Copy their body properties and paste it in the same location of the new lords.xml file. Or you could just use this key for Abagai if that was the only one you had a problem with:
<BodyProperties version="4" weight="0.5" build="0.5" key="0011FC0FC0B4300AF97613A1E4410600CF306C0A60EF0500F3B81E14741610460167761406016000000000000000000000000000000000000000000034C42083" />

Horrible change for sure but you can fix it. Revert to an older version, go into Modules/SandBox/ModuleData and save a copy of lords.xml to a different folder before you update again, search for whoever you didn't like the changes to. Copy their body properties and paste it in the same location of the new lords.xml file. Or you could just use this key for Abagai if that was the only one you had a problem with:
<BodyProperties version="4" weight="0.5" build="0.5" key="0011FC0FC0B4300AF97613A1E4410600CF306C0A60EF0500F3B81E14741610460167761406016000000000000000000000000000000000000000000034C42083" />

OMG!! Mate, huge thank you!!

Does this mean that in this way you can change the appearance of any Noble with your own version (which you create when editing your character)??

Does this mean that in this way you can change the appearance of any Noble with your own version (which you create when editing your character)??

Yeah, when you're in the edit character screen (after pressing v) you can just edit as you wish and click control+c, the code can be pasted into lords.xml like usual with control+v.

Edit: Of course, it's better to do it in the character creation as you said since you can edit both lords and ladies then.

Yeah, when you're in the edit character screen (after pressing v) you can just edit as you wish and click control+c, the code can be pasted into lords.xml like usual with control+v.

Edit: Of course, it's better to do it in the character creation as you said since you can edit both lords and ladies then.

Hey, ma man, check it out! Seems to be less Khuzait, but who cares now! ))) I've tryid even change her Trait, ehh
9DF3ADE46A8038AFC0FF6FAED1E5201B102A260D

Back
Top Bottom