SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Lords asking for marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

hrhi260

Recruit
If you played the campaign, you would know you have 2 brothers and 1 sister, i think it would be nice if lords who find interest in my siblings would ask me for permission to marry them, and i would receive money from it, and other gifts.

If you played the campaign, you would know you have 2 brothers and 1 sister, i think it would be nice if lords who find interest in my siblings would ask me for permission to marry them, and i would receive money from it, and other gifts.
yes, I agree, After you have high renown other clans should want to make connections to your clan.

It would be nice if NPC's would instigate some conversations/quests. (not only marriage proposals)

It would be nice if NPC's would instigate some conversations/quests. (not only marriage proposals)

It's really disappointing how the game didn't develop any in this regard. There was this bug in Warband, don't remember if it was base game related or a mod, that sometimes an ally party started chasing you on the map. I remember how excited I was first time it happened, thinking an ally AI interacts with me eventually. Then found out it just considers me hostile despite we're allies.

Well, the game is still in development so I'm still hopeful that they'll add ally interactions. For example there is this mechanic that if there's an unsolved issue in your village or town, some stats I can't remember now (prosperity or loyalty I think) drop. And there is a sort of a mechanic in some quests that notables interact with you when you enter/leave the settlement. So I suppose it shouldn't be very complicated to combine both that instead of I, lord of the town, go to a notable to see what is up, they come to me and ask for help.

It's really disappointing how the game didn't develop any in this regard. There was this bug in Warband, don't remember if it was base game related or a mod, that sometimes an ally party started chasing you on the map. I remember how excited I was first time it happened, thinking an ally AI interacts with me eventually. Then found out it just considers me hostile despite we're allies.

Well, the game is still in development so I'm still hopeful that they'll add ally interactions. For example there is this mechanic that if there's an unsolved issue in your village or town, some stats I can't remember now (prosperity or loyalty I think) drop. And there is a sort of a mechanic in some quests that notables interact with you when you enter/leave the settlement. So I suppose it shouldn't be very complicated to combine both that instead of I, lord of the town, go to a notable to see what is up, they come to me and ask for help.
exactly!, the world would feel less static if not everyone is waiting for you to start the interaction. One thing to consider is the timing. You don't want npc's talking to you all the time.

Sadly what you are saying is right, the game is barely different than Warband, actually, there are a lot of interactions that were in Warband, fire, and Viking conquest that just.. were forgotten, it saddens me, Warband was good, we are missing a lot of interactions from there for example (feast, asking lords requests such as follow, go there, help me here, marriage was way more interesting and etc) it was all just forgotten and idk if they even plan on adding it to bannerlord, Viking conquest is an improved version of Warband, with more new things added to it(ships, torture, threats, religion, settlements that we could build and improve, hunting, the main quest that was ACTUALLY interesting, better interactions) it was just GREAT. in my opinion, so that's where i keep wondering to myself how is that even possible that a game like bannerlord has NONE of it, instead of giving us more interactions with NPC'S and the world itself, it just.. well disappointing, it's just a downgrade in my opinion.(i have respect towards them and i love taleworld) but..are they even listening our suggestions? i feel like they completely gave up about bannerlord, and just focus on other things, i know that they update the game pretty often, but when i read the update it's just.. well "fixed a crash" and then something minor that no one asked for( i read it in steam..) while the things we want them to fix or add to the game is ignored, i do hope the game will get better in time, with more mechanics, more interactions so we could actually enjoy it more, i do enjoy playing the game but it feels like.. i am playing Warband with better graphics.
Besides that i am cheering for this game, it's a childhood game for me, and i don't want to lose hope so soon, so i will wait even if it takes another year or two, not like i am gonna die waiting..(i guess)

I've never counted VC or F&S as official TW games to be honest, they're more or less officially purchased mods in my understanding. So I only find it fair to compare BL with vanilla Warband and well, vanilla Warband was very vanilla in deed with tons of grinding but still had some nice features that are not in this. One very basic thing is, how indifferent my liege is to my victories I achieve for his kingdom yet he somehow loves when I dumb my prisoners in his town. In fact he's so indifferent as once I conquered a castle in his name with an army of his vassals and he didn't let us in because his relationship with me was -3. *sigh* Or, my wife, who I keep in my party all the time greets me with the same indifferent "hey, long time no see" thing despite we have just fought together. Is everyone amnesiac during this time period in Calradia?

There can be very little details added here and there that can add tons to world building. If my army is stationed at the gates for a siege and a neutral or friendly caravan passes by that carries food, why not trying it to sell me (even overpriced) than taking them to the other end of the Calradia? You can already buy their things if you want to, so the mechanic is right there, all it needs is a trigger that they offer it first and such little things will make players feel more like a part of the world, rather than a driver of events.

Just off topic but I also wish they eventually make all settlements unique as it was in Warband. This is my biggest disappointment between two games. I love playing this thing slow and enjoy the middle age atmosphere anytime I can. Being in Shariz and Ahmerrad always had different feelings in Warband simply because they were different. No difference now between Quyaz and Husn Fulq, as they're basically the same city.

Last edited:
I've never counted VC or F&S as official TW games to be honest, they're more or less officially purchased mods in my understanding. So I only find it fair to compare BL with vanilla Warband and well, vanilla Warband was very vanilla in deed with tons of grinding but still had some nice features that are not in this.
I can agree its unfair to compare the final result of WB with EA Bannerlord. But that´s what we are used to do. A movie successor has higher expectations than than it´s original, a book too. We expect it to be better! Look at the sport-games that comes in a yearly version(FIFA/NHL/Football manager and more). If they comes with less or weaker features than last year´s game it´s a failure in sales(I know a release version is very final for those games. Only game-killing bugs are fixed more or less). My conclution here, if your want to make a game with low expectations, don't make it a successor game. On the other side, announcing a successor-game gives a fanbase and a hype more or less for free - you just need to be able to ride the hype and deliver on par with it.

On Topic: Interesting proactive dialogues I´m all for! I´d go that far that I´d like them to ask me for quests and expect an reward.

Back
Top Bottom