Lords are never available for me to try and recruit them to my Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to build my own kingdom in 1.4.1, the primary problem I'm running into is it's incredibly difficult to find a lord who will give me a shot at convincing them to join me as they are always in armies.

There really has to be a better way for this to work. Just straight up not even being given the chance to sway then to my side is extremely frustrating.

Chasing down lords is annoying, I agree.

Maybe they should let us recruit a clan by talking to any of it's party leaders?

I'm trying to build my own kingdom in 1.4.1, the primary problem I'm running into is it's incredibly difficult to find a lord who will give me a shot at convincing them to join me as they are always in armies.

There really has to be a better way for this to work. Just straight up not even being given the chance to sway then to my side is extremely frustrating.
It seems like this aspect of the game is not truly implemented yet. I have forgotten how Warband worked, but in Warband VC lords would show up at your doorstep looking for a Kingdom. In that game though Lords would be booted by Kings for being disloyal. You also had many interactive options to build influence with Lords.

BannerLord, in it's current state, is not really workable without mods. Although I never used a single Mod in Warband or Warband VC, in this EA I use a variety of mods, one of which is Diplomacy Fixes which let you send messages to Heroes. This is really helpful. Identify Clan Leaders that are enemies of the Kingdom leader then work to build a relationship with them. It also really helps when you want to hire mercenary clans.

If you are a purist, "Use Mods" is probably not what you want to hear. However, the Kingdom/Diplomacy aspect of the game is unplayable without mods.

I have Diplomacy Fixes, as far as i'm concerned 1.4.1 is completely unplayable without it, however it doesn't correct this problem. Even sending messengers doesn't help because they refuse to talk about joining me if they are in an army, and they always are.

The last lord I got to join me worked because I physically went to the army he was in, soundly defeated the army in battle, then tracked him down onj the map before he had the chance to join another one.

I have Diplomacy Fixes, as far as i'm concerned 1.4.1 is completely unplayable without it, however it doesn't correct this problem. Even sending messengers doesn't help because they refuse to talk about joining me if they are in an army, and they always are.

The last lord I got to join me worked because I physically went to the army he was in, soundly defeated the army in battle, then tracked him down onj the map before he had the chance to join another one.
I see. I've been doing my Lord recruiting during peacetime and trying to avoid wars with Lords I want to recruit.

Yes, it's really hard and time consuming to recruit any lords or merc.
Sometimes I get lucky and see the forming of an Army with very few lords in them.
Smash that little formed army and start to smashing individual lords that were in route to join the army.
Recruit the ones that are high in relationship.
Save of course, due to permanent rejection if you fail to persuade first time, which is really lame.
Majority of players (if not all) have already voiced their opinion that we need some sort of change on that permanent rejection.

Yes, it's really hard and time consuming to recruit any lords or merc.
Sometimes I get lucky and see the forming of an Army with very few lords in them.
Smash that little formed army and start to smashing individual lords that were in route to join the army.
Recruit the ones that are high in relationship.
Save of course, due to permanent rejection if you fail to persuade first time, which is really lame.
Majority of players (if not all) have already voiced their opinion that we need some sort of change on that permanent rejection.

The rejection is only for 10 days

hmmm... didn't realized that, I've heard otherwise.
Thanks for letting me know, so I don't have to do the savescum and feel like cheating anymore.

hmmm... didn't realized that, I've heard otherwise.
Thanks for letting me know, so I don't have to do the savescum and feel like cheating anymore.

It also saves your progress.

So if you got 2/4 successes, but still failed overall, next time you go to convince them you only have to get 2 more correct.

The only time you perma fail is trying to charm spouses.

It also saves your progress.

So if you got 2/4 successes, but still failed overall, next time you go to convince them you only have to get 2 more correct.

The only time you perma fail is trying to charm spouses.
I'm not seeing that the rejection is only 10 days. Are you using a mod? I tried recruiting after 10 days and got told to piss off.

Maybe I'm unsure on the amount of days, but I'm not using any mods that change this behavior.

The only charm attempts that cannot be reattempted are marriage
Ok thank you. I'll keep trying. Prior to reading your recommendation, I never even tried unless I had a very high relationship. After reading your recommendation I went ahead and tried and failed on several lords. Hope I can retry!

Back
Top Bottom