Lords and their equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Raz

Count
Hello,

To start off, as the title says, I have a few suggestions on how I think lords should be equipped.

- First of all, most of the lords wear armour and wield weapons totally unrelated to the faction they're fighting for. King Ragnar of the Nords, for example, wears a kettle helm; something archers should wear (and do), not kings! Not to mention the fact that the Norse generally tended towards spangen/nasal helms, so kettle helms aren't exactly typically Norse. Same goes for some Khergits who wear coats of plates, etc etc.
I hope there are plans for the future to make some exclusive armours that only lords wear, such as a mail hauberk with elaborate decoration and a fur coat for King Ragnar, or decorated plate armour for King Harlaus, just to name a few.

Which brings me to my second point:

- I find that lords are often equipped too poorly. Some lords have over 300 renown and in the tens of thousands of denars to spend, and still ride saddle horses and wear arming caps. Perhaps upgrading lords' equipment whilst playing according to their wealth, renown or fiefs could do the trick, but some should definitely get better armour and ride atleast coursers from the start, in my opinion.

That'll be all folks.

Anyone agree or has something to add? :smile:

I agree, but I think we should have alot more choice in regard to higher level armors, particularily plate. Lots of different types with similar stats will guarantee that few lords will look alike, yet will still be well-protected.

I totaly agree Lords should have the best equipment money can buy. I also think that when you knock one out you should get a huge amount of xp for them. 5 to 10 times what you get now for a lord and 10 to 20 times for a king. I mean its a big deal capturing a king you should get more xp for that than any other troop.
Bodygaurds that follow the Lord around the map would make sence to. Really strong warriors highly armed and armoured aswell. If I was leader of an army I wouldnt walk/ride around alone without someone guarding my back (I do when i enter towns and get ambushed though. God damn it I hate when that happens, why would i be alone. please please fix this).

There's another thing about Lord's equipment...

IMHO, when you defeat (especially if you manage to capture) a lord, you should keep *all* of his equipment. After all, a defeated enemy commander won't surrender his own equipment to any lowly troop, just his peer.

If you stole their equipment your relations should go way down but if you let them keep it and let them go it should go up even more than now. Would be a cool addition to looting or a great way to make friends. I attacked you so i could let you go and make you like me

lol i totally agree some Lord B-something was wearing padded armor which allowed me to 1 shot him with a rusty sword... lol
-the ideas are nice and this game needs wayyy more armor
(even if m&b is mostly skill based)

i gotta admit as someone mentioned above giving lords companions to would be nice, though base their amount of companions on how many castles and cities they got, this should on involve giving the player more though, but only to make it show that a Lord/King has more power, where we gets ours as neutral companions that follows us no matter what NEARLY.... The Lords should get something like, they roll between different companions depending on if its a castle or city.
Castle can give = Knight <Name> (Level 30 Companion, Medium/heavy armor, Combat based, melee, horseback)
Castle can give = Captain <Name> (Level 30 Companion, Medium armor, Tactic based, with some combat 1 hander/no shield, melee, on foot)
Castle can give = Guard <Name> (Level 30 Companion, Medium armor, Combat based, melee 1 hander/shield, on foot, secondary ranged)
City can give = General <Name> (Level 45 Companion, Heavy armor, Leadership based, tactic, some melee combat 1hander/shield, on horse)
City can give = Royal Guard <Name> (Level 45 Companion, Heavy armor, Combat based, Polearm/2handers, on foot)
City can give = Doctor <Name> (Level 45 Companion, Based around surgery, wound treatment, first aid, etc, light armor, very little combat, 1 hander/no shield, on foot)

They can only have one of each so they wont end up having 10-15 companions, this would also make it more wanted to give lords castles and cities when you lead a rebellion.

Sanjar Kahn wears a coat of plates, but I suppose that is okay since he needs something better than lamellar.  I am more upset with the lesser Khergit lords wearing mail hauberks.  Nomad robes, Lamellar Cuirasses, and Nomad vests only for Khergit lords, please.  Khergits are badass enough as is without the best armors in the game.

Also, can each faction's lords have their faces LOOK like they belong to the faction?  Too many Khergit lords have trimmed and waxed mustaches, for chrissakes.

Art Falmingaid said:
Sanjar Kahn wears a coat of plates, but I suppose that is okay since he needs something better than lamellar.  I am more upset with the lesser Khergit lords wearing mail hauberks.  Nomad robes, Lamellar Cuirasses, and Nomad vests only for Khergit lords, please.  Khergits are badass enough as is without the best armors in the game.

Also, can each faction's lords have their faces LOOK like they belong to the faction?  Too many Khergit lords have trimmed and waxed mustaches, for chrissakes.

The Khergits looks like Swadians and some of the Swadians look like Khergits. Its cultural diversity but its weird as hell.

I don't think knocking a king should give more experience, a king is but a man aswell.
I do, however agree lords should have better armour (A GAMBESON AND YOU'RE OUR MARSHALL AND LEADER OF THE ARMY?)
And, I think Sanjar's Coat of Plates works brilliantly, but his segmented helmet kinda destroy his cooliosity. (THAT, and he's Kerghit :wink:)

Thanks for the support, guys.

Also nice suggestions on the companions, Kraven in particular. I like 'em. :smile:

Raz said:
Thanks for the support, guys.

Also nice suggestions on the companions, Kraven in particular. I like 'em. :smile:

Good to hear ya liked them, i just thought it would add a little extra difficulty to fighting enemy lords and actually make them different to fight than to fight any other warband as deserters and stuff...

Raz said:
I hope there are plans for the future to make some exclusive armours that only lords wear, such as a mail hauberk with elaborate decoration and a fur coat for King Ragnar, or decorated plate armour for King Harlaus, just to name a few.
I'd like to see all sorts of decorated armour sold by the armor merchants but not used by normal troops so you could give them to your heroes and lords would wear them too. Maybe like you said, decorated plate, and chain armours and something for those who use light armour. These would be a bit better than normal equipment but a lot better looking and more expensive.

Raz's suggestion has got my support  :smile:

Kraven spoke about companions, and Sulibres on cultural diversity, and I remembered something: have faction-specific companions been suggested already? It feels kinda' stupid that all the companions are factionless from the beggining, while everyone else except bandits, raiders and deserters have a faction preference.

Maedhros said:
Raz's suggestion has got my support  :smile:

Kraven spoke about companions, and Sulibres on cultural diversity, and I remembered something: have faction-specific companions been suggested already? It feels kinda' stupid that all the companions are factionless from the beggining, while everyone else except bandits, raiders and deserters have a faction preference.

I think i mentioned faction specific companions months and months ago, yeah.  Its already pretty awesome that some companions dont get along, but having them be faction specific would make it even better.

Well I guess seeing Swadian lords riding around on absolutely hopeless horses, wearing unbelievably low quality armour and wielding really sad weaponry is really quite pathetic.

For crying out loud, the European lords wouldn't have been riding around on horses meant for average soldiers!

The only one who really seems to have decent equipment is King Harlaus. Though that didn't stop me from kicking his butt to help Lady Isolla of Suno's rebellion. :lol:

Yeah; bring in some better gear for those lords.

And please give us the ability to check and improve the skills of our rebel faction leaders!

Lady Isolla of Suno levelled up and I want to get her that riding skill up to 4 for a charger! A hunter doesn't really suit her. :lol: For crying out loud; I've got most of the Swadian lords on the rebel side and the original Swadians only have Praven, its three villages and some lords who are imprisoned or just hiding somewhere. They have no armies, according to my lords. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom