Lords and Realms SIEGE LADDER PROJECT

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree with ^^^^

It seems like there is no point to siege towers because of the ladder right next to it. I guess its useful for long sieges because you could get a second wave of troops to help spur a victory but it just seems more effective to charge your troops up the ladder.

The problem with siege towers in general is that the AI doesn't move while the tower hasn't been set up yet, making them completely open to attacks that you can't help because they don't follow commands.

Does this work with Sword of Damocles?  I had ladders when I played Lords and Realms, but for some reason in SoD I never see any ladders, even tho I have the option to prepare ladders in the siege menu.  :sad:

Actually I am not sure if it worked or not....its been so long since I played native I can't remember.

Are towns like Tihr and Sargoth only supposed to have one ladder?  Mine do and its a circus watching my army bottleneck themselves on it.

And what's with siege towers; they move so slow and my entire army just stands there ignoring my orders until they get pelted to death with arrows.
My only hope is to kill as fast as I can with arrows, withdraw when I run out (and wait for the siege tower to be built again....what?  Didn't I already build it?) and come back.

Is this the way its supposed to work or am I hosed in some way?  :shock:

Been using this with SoD for a bit and i've enjoyed it but i see one problem with it that could be improved.  Particularly in cities when 2 sides have large numbers but the attacker has better troops they push the defenders back so that the whole battle is fought at the defender entry point. If the city was given more depth and the defenders entry point was moved back to the castle behind choke points in between this would be less of an issue. I have some scene building experience could possibly help with this in the summer.           

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
this is greater!!! than great!!! it's just the greatest!!! greatastictst? :roll:

greatz, Berend

PS: yep, no greetz just greatz :grin:

Man am I slow.

Great work, I've wanted to see this sort of thing in Warband since buying it, and I'm glad to see someone finally did it. Best of luck with the mod.

ajen said:
I DLed a copy and it said it would work with 1.104, will it work with 1.105 and later as they come out?

This replaces the castle scenery.  If TW didn't make new scenes for the release of Warband, I doubt they're going to do it for a patch, so this should continue to work.  Could be wrong.

Hello, NICK.ALTMAN! I am planning to release a mod, maded in secret forges of mine in atmosphere of pure conspirasy  :mrgreen:. So, I think, you'll don't miin if I use your Siege Pack as an OSP part of my mod, and give a credits, of course?

Are there any mods that allow you to direct your men at the beginning of a siege tower siege before it reaches the walls? That'd go well with this mod

Back
Top Bottom