Lords and Realms SIEGE LADDER PROJECT

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I downloaded the folder and extracted it to the right place, but when I attack Praven, there was still only one ladder there. Can someone help?

I put it in the sceneobj folder in native and nothing has happened, theres is till only 1 ladder when i siege.

Do I have to start a new game?

MY INSPIRATION

I decided to add ladders to siege scenes. I need volunteers to help me do this. I was inspired by Archer who changed it in 4 Swadian cities. In about 3 hours I learned how to edit scenes. The plan is to add: - 1 ladder to castle scenes so that attack on castle has 2 ladders (some castle already have 2 and I shall leave it like that)
                            - 2 ladders to towns where you attack by ladders (so we have 3)
                            - 1 ladder to castle/city where there is a siege tower (so we have 1 ladder 1 siege tower)

-where you say 2 ladders to towns ................. (so we can have 3) - does that mean your gunna add more ladders to this siege project? cause so far i have 2 ladder per castle.
-and where u say 1 ladders to castle/city ......................(so we have 1 ladder and 1 siege tower) instead can we have 2 ladders and 1 siege tower

and maybe if you have time add a siege battery ram or something or more props on the attacker side, like wooded shield :grin: or tents in the back ground. more non use building on fire please !!!

I'm sorry for asking a very noobish question. I am quite a noob regarding mods.

I am currently using the FormRanks mod to have formations, sub-captains etc. I'd love to use the Siege Ladder mod as well along with it.

How can I use both mods at the same time?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

HerrKaputt said:
I'm sorry for asking a very noobish question. I am quite a noob regarding mods.

I am currently using the FormRanks mod to have formations, sub-captains etc. I'd love to use the Siege Ladder mod as well along with it.

How can I use both mods at the same time?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Yes.

HerrKaputt said:
Hi Nick,

I wasn't asking whether I can use both mods, but HOW can I use both combined.

I'm new to this modular system and couldn't find info in the FAQs.

Thanks!

Don't know about formations and ranks but it should not interfier with the Siege Ladder Project that you just copy into SceneObj folder.

Hey, I just wanted to ask permission to include this in my mod - all credit to you guys of course! This is such an awesome, and necessary addition to the game.

Hey dude, awesome idea with this mod, really: M&B definitely needed something like this!

I only have a small question: I "patched" the Native version with this mod, copying all the zipped files to the proper folder. I restored my last savegame, and tried to beseige Sargoth.
I can clearly see the ladder this mod adds, but my men simply ignore it.

Do I have to start a new game, for the AI to work properly?

Sparhawk81 said:
Hey dude, awesome idea with this mod, really: M&B definitely needed something like this!

I only have a small question: I "patched" the Native version with this mod, copying all the zipped files to the proper folder. I restored my last savegame, and tried to beseige Sargoth.
I can clearly see the ladder this mod adds, but my men simply ignore it.

Do I have to start a new game, for the AI to work properly?

Don't know. It should work. But AI is really stupid. It all depends from where you start to attack will the AI use the ladders.

@ warrior_Lv: It is BOTH a mod AND a patch: from this section, you can download Lords and Realm MOD, as a standalone, or you can just download the "PATCH" to enable the siege system in other modules (such as Native), as long as they are based on native scenarios.

As far as the PATCH is concerned (I'll give for granted that you can install a normal MOD), you can download it from the beginning of this topic. Applying the patch is very easy, because when you open the .rar file, you'll find a .txt that explains how to do everything. Just remember to backup the files you're going to "patch", so that you'll manage to easily revert the process, should you decide to go back to 100% native.

@ NICK.ALTMAN: Ok, thanks... I'll do some attempts and testing, can't wait to see huge sieges going on! :grin:

I've been playing with this in the Native Expansion mod and I think it's a cool idea, but I there are two problems I have with it:

1. Some of the ladders are too steep, which makes the attackers climb up much more slowly and are more spread out, making them vulnerable to the defenders.

2. During a scene involving a siege tower, I find it odd that you have to spend all this time building a tower when there is a simple ladder right next to it. I mean, what's the point in spending 3 days building the tower only to make it less useful than a simple siege tool. I think maybe instead (if possible, that is) there should be a second tower, or no towers at all; just ladders.

Back
Top Bottom