Lords and Realms SIEGE LADDER PROJECT

Users who are viewing this thread

I just finished Tehlrog castle. I used a siege ramp. It kindda fits better than ladders in this type of castle. Take a look. It's an exception to the rule of putting always ladders. Originaly next to it is the bellfry_b.

Looks like I should learn how to edit scenes, think of all of the things I could do! Siege attackers spawning in the castle...

Hrus castle is finished. It gave me a hard time. Its easy to add a ladder but hard making AI use both, siege tower and ladder. Castles with siege towers are much harder to do. I finally managed when I edited number of faces and tweaked the enrty point 0.

Look at 2 groups forming before the ladder and the tower! That my friends makes the job done!

NICK.ALTMAN said:
Xamim said:
Damn I spent my time today on Rivacheg, seems I moved the wheels of the siege tower unnoticed...
it now only has 1 pair wheels... out of 3... I'll copy the rivacheg of version 1.306 over it... and do that one anew ^^
so still 2 left

To Osugi: If I were I'd let the main part of your army use the siege tower, as it has a wider entrance  :wink:
like 60% on the siege tower , 40% ladder or 70%-30% something along those lines... that's what I did... don't know how Nick thinks about it though...

Cheers!  :mrgreen:

I agree. Like 65% on the tower rest on ladder, if you can make it. Since the tower is wider and the main assult gadget.

Be careful that you don't move other things by accident. Once I moved the hole wall and had to copy the original scene cause I couldn't get it back.

Siege tower request more editing. Try combing the number of faces with entry point 0. Play with it until you get it right. It seemed really hard at the begging but now I find much easier to make AI go the way I want.

Osugi and Xamim keep up the good work. I have to do 5 more castles.

Wei.Xiadi are you making any progress?  :shock:

Yeah... was a pretty weird one though... the wheels spawned like in the air... so I was like: WTF? Wheels in the air? That's pretty weird, upon selecting the set of wheels, they began to automatically roll veeeeeeeerrrrryyyy fast in an upward spiral  :shock:
I'll copy the Reyvadin (or Rivacheg not really sure anymore, (closest one to the sea :roll: ) ) of version 1.306 over it... if it happens again however... naah nevermind  :lol:

NICK.ALTMAN said:
I just finished Tehlrog castle. I used a siege ramp. It kindda fits better than ladders in this type of castle. Take a lool. It's an exception to the rule of putting always ladders. Originaly next to it is the bellfry_b.

If you want... I can edit my "wooden" castles to have siege ramps instead of siege ladders? Cause if you think it fits better, you kinda have a point there  :wink: I'll fix them in when I go all over them to test/tweak.

In order to explain about the siege tower's wheels... If you have a siege with a siege tower, please select the wheels, you'll see what I ment  :roll:

Code:
[color=red]VERY IMPORTANT!!: DO NOT, NOT, NOT!!! SAVE AFTER SELECTING THOSE WHEELS!![/color]
you'll need to copy the original scene over this one if you were to hardheaded to take my advice... (if you do not save (you won't get a message when leaving the edit mode...) then upon reloading the scene (e.g. leaving the siege battle and go into it again) everything will be normal again  :mrgreen: )

Looks pretty weird seeing those wheels rolling faaaaaast into the sky  :roll:

Xamim said:
In order to explain about the siege tower's wheels... If you have a siege with a siege tower, please select the wheels, you'll see what I ment  :roll:

Code:
[color=red]VERY IMPORTANT!!: DO NOT, NOT, NOT!!! SAVE AFTER SELECTING THOSE WHEELS!![/color]
you'll need to copy the original scene over this one if you were to hardheaded to take my advice... (if you do not save (you won't get a message when leaving the edit mode...) then upon reloading the scene (e.g. leaving the siege battle and go into it again) everything will be normal again  :mrgreen: )

Looks pretty weird seeing those wheels rolling faaaaaast into the sky  :roll:

I didn't have any problems with the wheels but thanks for the advice.

About the ramp. If you want you can change it. Its a fast job. Its up to you. The most important thing is that it works. That AI uses all ladder/ramps/towers.

Sure I'll edit the ladders into ramps for those "wooden" castles, isn't much work like 2 minutes per castle  :wink:
but first I'll get the remaining castles done tonight, after that I'll be doing the rest  :wink:

Edit: for those who didn't knew I update my progress on the 1st page of this thread: Veagirs are done too, only testing remains, probably be done tomorrow as I should've some spare time  :lol:

Unuzdaq castle, Tulbuk castle, Uhhun castle, distar castle, Narra, Halmar done and tested.
I used the battle size changer set at 300-400 for testing sieges and im quite happy with the results; tomorrow ill make some more testing.

Osugi said:
Unuzdaq castle, Tulbuk castle, Uhhun castle, distar castle, Narra, Halmar done and tested.
I used the battle size changer set at 300-400 for testing sieges and im quite happy with the results; tomorrow ill make some more testing.

Test with 160 please. 300-400 is to much. People mostly dont play on that high. Also its harder with less people to mae everybody use all ladders.

Are you in contact with Wei.Xiadi? If he is doing nothing could you make all Khergits?

I am gonna finish Nords today.  :grin:

Yeah you name it! You and everyone else owe us big time!  :razz:
Naah just kidding, was very fun to learn and test! Hopefully we can fit the pieces together very soon!

Yeah uuhm... about posting a SS... exactly... how?  :lol: Upload to imageshack or something? or just use the insert image button on the forum? and write in between the thingy's like: c:/blabla/My M&B SS's!  ?

Still busy testing though, I've found out you can do some pretty interisting stuff by moving those entry points  :mrgreen:
I was actually doubting we wouldn't make the sieges to easy for players of this mod, so in comes the entry-point-editor! Now the sieges are still hard, but only with more attack fronts  :lol: just how we like it!

So while I'm testing them I'll still move around with the entry point for the earlier mentioned reason  :wink:
probably be done tomorrow, got a whole day of free time  :shock:

Yeah I upload them on imageshack and the post here as tumbnails or as hotlinks for forums.

Entry points are the key. When I found them out I was able to make the attackers always use both ladders.

NICK.ALTMAN said:
I am finished. Xamim post some SS what you did. When you are finished (only when you have tested all) send it to me.

Osugi? Where are you at? Are you doing all Khergits? SS?
Im testing with the 160 limit at the moment; im not in contact with Wei.Xiadi, some days ago he said he had already started the work from the Vaegir/khergit border but i don't know the current status. If the testing with the 160 limit goes well i can start to work on the rest of khergit sieges if you want.

Osugi said:
NICK.ALTMAN said:
I am finished. Xamim post some SS what you did. When you are finished (only when you have tested all) send it to me.

Osugi? Where are you at? Are you doing all Khergits? SS?
Im testing with the 160 limit at the moment; im not in contact with Wei.Xiadi, some days ago he said he had already started the work from the Vaegir/khergit border but i don't know the current status. If the testing with the 160 limit goes well i can start to work on the rest of khergit sieges if you want.

It would be good since I dont see Wei.Xiadi postin any status. Me and Xamim are more or less finished. So we are waitng for Khergits. How much you have done and do you excpect to be finished?

Sure I'll post some some screenies from my already tested/tweaked sieges  :wink: they'll be up somewhere today

Edit: I've added some images at my first post in this thread on the first page  :wink: take a look  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom