Lords and Realms SIEGE LADDER PROJECT

Users who are viewing this thread

LORDS AND REALMS SIEGE PACK

If you use this in an another mod please give credits to Lords and Realms Siege Project and NICK.ALTMAN and the team. It can not be use in a commercial mod without authorisation.

larslpsignaturehx0.gif

- 57 new scenes (only one Swadian castle was untouched which had 2 ladders in original) 
      - every siege scene has 2 ladders for castles, 3 ladders for cities and 1 ladder and 1 siege tower for castle/city
      - huge work done by NICK.ALTMAN, Xamim and Osugi

THIS IS WHAT NO ONE ELSE DID SO FAR. IT IS A HUGE WISH OF THE COMMUNITY THAT CAME TRUE.     

WARNING: AI is set to use all ladders and towers from the entry point. No one can guarantee that AI will use all ladders if you move soldiers around in battle.

It is part of Lords and Realms release.

Stand alone download link:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1143

It should be compatible with all mods using native scenes, that means most of them.

Installation: Copy the files to Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/sceneObj

MY INSPIRATION
I decided to add ladders to siege scenes. I need volunteers to help me do this. I was inspired by Archer who changed it in 4 Swadian cities. In about 3 hours I learned how to edit scenes. The plan is to add: - 1 ladder to castle scenes so that attack on castle has 2 ladders (some castle already have 2 and I shall leave it like that)
                            - 2 ladders to towns where you attack by ladders (so we have 3)
                            - 1 ladder to castle/city where there is a siege tower (so we have 1 ladder 1 siege tower)

Dreams coming true... LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOTS!
larslpreyvadin1eg0.jpg

larslpreyvadin2ze7.jpg

larslpreyvadin3oe5.jpg

larslpreyvadin4kj5.jpg

larslpreyvadin5qx8.jpg

larslptilbaut1vh0.jpg

larslptilbaut2mq4.jpg

larslptilbaut4qk2.jpg

[

INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO EDIT SCENES
This is the process:
- at the begining at configure choose enable cheats, edit mod and windowed
- then do a siege press ctrl F11 to pause. F9 is slow mod
- press ctrl E to enter edit mode
- add object "siege ladder"
- place them on a spot near the old ladder on the wall so soldier can approach and climb. That's very important cause its impossible to put infantry to defend 2 different spots on the wall. I tryed it and I can defend one spot with infantry and 1 with archers. So I will leave only 2 castles like that. But its very very cool.
- use X,Y,Z, to rotate the object
- use T to go up/down with the object
- use G to move the object (there is help so read it)
- after you place the ladder you should post barriers. They are at the top of the object list. They are placed as invisible barriers so AI wouldn't fall from the ladders. Place it left and right of the ladder. Barriers have to red inside and green outside. Red inside blocks AI to fall of the ladders.
- ENTRY point 10 is where infantry stands to defend. 40, 41, 42,.. are archers. 11 is entry for infantry at the begginig of the battle.
- then you have to EDIT AI mesh
- Place a new face. Place them on the ladder so that AI uses that ladder. You will see its a kind of white road on the map so the AI uses it. New faces need to be welded with the old ones so that the road is not broke. It needs to be continuos
- new ladder needs to have the same number of faces as the old ladder. If AI sees a smaller number of faces it will think its a shorter way
- try to test battles and edit the entry point 0. That way you position the troop at the beggining to use both ladders
- press ctrl E and save the changes
- test can AI climb it and does it use new ladder in battle
- than from SceneObj copy your new scene and make a special folder with new sceens to unite later

In parties.txt you will find which scene is which castle/town. We need to edit more or less 18 cities and 40 castles. 4-5 men can do it in 2-3 days. Its not hard when you get the hang of it.

That are the bascis.
Team:
NICK.ALTMAN - SWADIANS
Xamim - RHODOKS
NICK.ALTMAN - NORDS
Xamim - VAEGIRS
Osugi - KHERGITS

I'll see if I can help out a little... I warn you though, I haven't got much time on my hands the next 3 days...
But we'll see  :wink:

Cheers! :mrgreen:

Rhodok Faction: done
Edit: Yalen functions now normally - done!
      Repeating the process over and over again with the other castles/cities - 11/11 = 100% done
      Checking/Testing the edited scenes - done! Took a bit more time than I had anticipated, made a bit of a mess in the first few castles I edited when I was still figuring stuff out  :lol: all works as it should now  :wink:

I need to correct some previous made mistakes - fixed

Veagir Faction: WIP 13/13 = 100% done - totally nailed it!
Testing/tweaking everything all over again - WIP bringing small changes to some edited castles (siege ramps instead of siege ladders) testing everything upside down, inside out, so we get no whining after it's released... - Nick I'm compressing the files now! You'll get them soon  :wink: - DONE!

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE :lol:

A screenie from Ergellon castle, Almerra castle and Veluca from the kingdom of rhodoks:

And btw Nick:
Xamim - RHODOKS - Finished
Xamim - VAEGIRS

:lol:

Xamim said:
I'll see if I can help out a little... I warn you though, I haven't got much time on my hands the next 3 days...
But we'll see  :wink:

You are hired. You will do Rhodock. Start now and learn the process. I had no help with learning but in a day I got it. Ask what you need. This is going to be huge for comunity. A wet dream. I started Swadians. Remeber to put new ladder next to old one cause if you put far away it will be not defended. It took a while to relise taht. I tryed to correct it but I think its impossible. Maybe thats the reason for having one ladder in native.

COME ONE GUYS. APPLY! THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HIT M&B FROM WHEN IT CAME OUT.  :grin:

SantasHelper said:
Good luck !

Check for the AI meshes, you'll need to use thoses as guides if I recall correctly. Check how the original siege scene is done.

Yeah. I learned the hard way. I made AI mashes. Its not that hard. I finished all Swadians. But you are not realy sure how AI is going to react. Sometimes they use both ladders sometimes just one. But at least the player has an option. It was really fun testing the sieges. AI is really dumb. I cheched all ma new ladders. They are all usable and AI can climb. At least when I say follow me.

I did your message and I figured it out.  :grin: As I said its not that hard when you see the EDIT AI mesh button. Before that it was rather confusing.  :oops: But now usualy AI uses my new ladder instaed of old one. But no rule. Sometimes they use both. It's not the same in every test. It depends on the reaction of the defenders. It's really interesting.

instead of pressing ctr + F9, I recommend pressing ctrl F11, cause that one actually pauses the game instead of slow motion  :mrgreen:
And I've a little problem with scaling the ladders  :roll: any tips on that one?

Edit: scaling is all done, got it figured out now, help is a very usefull button in edit mode  :mrgreen:
now comes the hard part... editing AI meshes... hope I'll figure this out fast...

Xamim said:
instead of pressing ctr + F9, I recommend pressing ctrl F11, cause that one actually pauses the game instead of slow motion  :mrgreen:
And I've a little problem with scaling the ladders  :roll: any tips on that one?

Edit: scaling is all done, got it figured out now, help is a very usefull button in edit mode  :mrgreen:
now comes the hard part... editing AI meshes... hope I'll figure this out fast...

Did you place the ladders next to old ones? If you didn't they will not be defended! Look at yellow arrows on the wall. That are entry points. Only Entry point no 10 is were infantry defends. no 11 is where infantry spawns on the wall and no 15 is reinforcments. 40, 41, 42,... are archers.

To edit AI meshes follow my instructions. Place new face and then you get a new white plate. Mark the ends and with t,g,z,x,y rotate it and move around like the objects. You have to connect all faces. That is done with "weld" function. You will get good very fast. It's quite fun. After that you have to test. Try getting guy to follow you and see can they climb. Sometimes ai mesh or ladders are badly placed and ai cant climb. Then test the battle. See where attackers go. Hopefuly they will use both ladders (or all 3 in cities).

Then collect all new scens in one folder. in city town wall / castle exterior.
Make a list what you finished. :grin:

Gdamn, those freakin' AI meshes are a pain in the butt... for some reason they really loooooveee to mess up everything  :twisted:
I have some problems with welding sometimes they can't weld for a reason... pretty annoying reason though...
I'll post a screeny of my work on Yalen, still messing with the AI meshes though... they just like to mess up every now and then...

Edit: If I knew how to post screenie here would be the new awesome version of Yalen...
Edit2: figured out the AI meshes... now they love my siege ladder so much they just don't want to use the old ones anymore  :mrgreen:
I'll fix it right away  :wink:

So the more faces on a ladder, the more the AI gets attracted to it? sounds reasonable  :mrgreen: I'll work something out, and yes the ladders are next to the old one  :wink: pretty nice sight now ^^

Xamim said:
So the more faces on a ladder, the more the AI gets attracted to it? sounds reasonable  :mrgreen: I'll work something out, and yes the ladders are next to the old one  :wink: pretty nice sight now ^^

No, vice versa. The less faces AI gets attracted cause it thinks its a shorter way. At least I think. Cause when I reworked the old ladders to have the same number of faces as the new ones than they used both.  :???:

ah ok, I'll mess around another bit  :mrgreen:

Edit: Yalen functions now normally except when your units charge... they like to only use 2 of the ladders, so only a little tweaking left  :wink: - done!
      Repeating the process over and over again with the other castles/cities - WIP: 5/11 = 45,45% done

HOLY CRAP!
Sieges are my #1 problem with Mount and Blade and I have always talked about adding ladders. Other modders have too but they never wanted to change every single fief. This is revolutionary, no joke, all modders will be asking you to include this. And it seems you have gotten lots done in 2 days, so I hope to see this by next week or in 2 weeks, I can't believe no one else has done this if it is not too hard. Great job so far and I can't wait to use it! (I am guessing you will let others use it, at least SoD, which I really need to attack those imperials)

Xamim said:
ah ok, I'll mess around another bit  :mrgreen:

Edit: Yalen functions now normally except when your units charge... they like to only use 2 of the ladders, so only a little tweaking left  :wink: - done!
      Repeating the process over and over again with the other castles/cities - WIP: 5/11 = 45,45% done

What did you do? I just talked with a buddy who know programing and he agreed that all ladders have to have same number of faces.

How did you make everybody use all ladders? Like I said? Same number of faces?

yup, you just need to count them  :roll: than you subdivide a few edges and it should all be done, though sometimes they stilll choose the siege tower above the ladders... but then you could always run up the ladder, when you say they must follow, they will follow you  :wink: When you charge however only few will choose the ladder above the siege tower... but it should be enough... I'm guessing about 70% uses siege tower 30% ladder, if that ain't enough I'll look at it again  :wink:
Cheers!  :mrgreen:

Xamim said:
yup, you just need to count them  :roll: than you subdivide a few edges and it should all be done, though sometimes they stilll choose the siege tower above the ladders... but then you could always run up the ladder, when you say they must follow, they will follow you  :wink: When you charge however only few will choose the ladder above the siege tower... but it should be enough... I'm guessing about 70% uses siege tower 30% ladder, if that ain't enough I'll look at it again  :wink:
Cheers!  :mrgreen:
Siege tower tends to have a wider exit so it makes it easier for multiple troops plus you can use the ladder to get behind the enemy while they fight off the siege ladder.

So you think it's allright my way?  :lol: good

It's really easy to learn this stuff, just follow Nick's guide and look what the help button says in edit mode... rest speaks pretty much for itself.
If you try very hard you'll know the basics in less than a day...
Cheers!

Xamim said:
So you think it's allright my way?  :lol: good

It's really easy to learn this stuff, just follow Nick's guide and look what the help button says in edit mode... rest speaks pretty much for itself.
If you try very hard you'll know the basics in less than a day...
Cheers!

Did you move around entry points? (yellow arrows on the walls) I need you to place entry point no. 10 in between 2 ladders. Its usually on the top of the original ladder. But it needs to be in between 2 ladders so infantry defends both ladders. (hopefully)

I'll see what I can do, all the scenes have been changed now, I'll go over them all again to see if there are any problems, and edit the entry points as you requested  :wink:
Also if nobdy else has applied I'll start tomorrow with the next faction

Back
Top Bottom