Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sry guys for my English, but where can I get RCM for 1.505 since 1.508 is cancelled?
RCM for 1.508 with L&R 1.505 causes CTD at very start of the game.
Google does not help in search.

Damn, this is only few kbs, is it impossble to upload it anywhere??

Abyrvalg said:
Sry guys for my English, but where can I get RCM for 1.505 since 1.508 is cancelled?
RCM for 1.508 with L&R 1.505 causes CTD at very start of the game.
Google does not help in search.

Damn, this is only few kbs, is it impossble to upload it anywhere??

Same here.I am literally dgoing nuts trying to use RCM.All the mods that have it seem to be removed it seems.TLD is waiting on an update and Lords and Realms had to be deupdated.Does anyone have RCM for 1.505 or even for an earlier version since I think there was no RCM for 1.505??

Back to the original topic of RCM... was I wrong in reading that arrows were changed to "cutting" damage versus the original "piercing" damage? Why on Earth would that be changed?

It's part of the rebalance required to use native mechanics to achieve the mods goal.  The damage was increased but changed to cutting thus making bows more devastating to lightly armored troops and less to heavy armored troops.
I'm using the RCM mod with 1257AD mod and it works really well even though it may seem counter intuitive at first.

Ah, and now we can't use it for the forseeable future. When's the wedding whatever mod going to be produced?

ATTENTION!

For those of you who want to use RCM, but are stuck with version 1.505, there is a solution.
First, you need to download the files that can be found on the first page of this thread. After downloading, go to the modules folder, click on lords and realms, and make back-up copies of your
module.ini  and your item_kinds.txt files. Once the backups have been made, enter your module.ini file, and copy and paste the following on top of it :

module_name = Calradia
map_min_x  = -105
map_max_x  =  105
map_min_y  = -105
map_max_y  =  105
map_sea_direction = -40
map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
map_river_direction = 140
map_river_speed_x = 0.01
map_river_speed_y = -0.01

# use meshes map_tree_a through map_tree_r on for map trees
map_tree_types = 17
map_snow_tree_types  = 3
map_steppe_tree_types = 5
map_desert_tree_types  = 0

main_menu_font_color_red = 17
main_menu_font_color_green = 0
main_menu_font_color_blue = 0

num_hints = 12

time_multiplier = 0.25
seeing_range    = 6.5
track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8
blood_multiplier = 2.0

# heroes with health below this will not appear in battles and will not contribute to party skills.
player_wounded_treshold = 5
hero_wounded_treshold = 15

skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5
skill_leadership_bonus = 3
base_companion_limit = 20

player_xp_multiplier  = 2.0;
hero_xp_multiplier    = 2.0;
regulars_xp_multiplier = 3.0;

display_wp_firearms = 0

# damage below this will not interrupt melee attacks
damage_interrupt_attack_threshold      = 0

# You can modify the damage system by editing the following values:
# The first three values determine the amount which will be directly subtracted from damage due to armor.
# The next three values determine the percentage reduction from the damage.

armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 1.0
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.5
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.5

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 0
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0

horse_charge_damage_multiplier        = 1.0
couched_lance_damage_multiplier      = 0.22

#setting speed_power to 2.0 makes damage scale with the square of missile's speed.
# you can set it to 1.0 to make it scale linearly as it was before.
missile_damage_speed_power = 1.0;
melee_damage_speed_power = 0.5;

#change this to 0 if you want to keep the food slot in inventory window.
disable_food_slot      = 1

# Change this to 1 if you want to load
# textures from Modules/<Module_Dir>/Textures/

scan_module_textures = 1
scan_module_sounds = 1

Ideally, you will have replaced everything before the line that reads "#You can also use load_mod_resource instead of load_resource to make sure you are reading files from module directory."
Once that is replaced, you can just copy the new items_kinds.txt over the old one, and you should be good to go. I have not extensively tested this yet, but I made it into the game and started a new character just fine. The items had all the hallmarks of rcm (crossbows that do 10 cutting damage with +35 damage bolts)
Hopefully this works for you. I am open to questions, however I am no modder so I might not be of much use, I just kinda stumbled upon this.

Good luck! :grin:

Also note, this seems to work fine without starting a new game.

Okay, after playing for a while, it works fine, except for when you go into shops. It will make the error sound if you see an armor or weapon that has no mesh associated with it (i.e. the new faction-specific plate armor) I've found that you can alt+tab out, click ok on the error popup, and resume playing the game like nothing happened though. You may want to hunt down all of these items that cause the errors and delete them in the item_kinds.txt, I think I got rid of 3 or 4, but it's very time consuming to try and hunt down each and every one, and the game works almost perfectly as is for me at least.
lol, it may also cause you to appear to be "bald" or missing other parts of armor during a tournament, just think of it as a pre-game head shave  :lol:

darebear42 thanks a bunch for this.Works great and when I get the error sound I just hit ESC till I am at armorer screen.Then I dont click on any of the icons that are blank or youll get a new error.This mod is totally amazing and best Ive tried yet.It has everything Ive wanted in M&B amazingly.Ability to flee battle dependent on your map travel speed compared to enemies.Tavern option to throw your troops a kegger.It has an option that when you go to enter castle you can speak to the guard who tells you you need to leave your weapons with him(nice touch).I like his party setups with raider leaders etc.Thanks again dude. :grin:

Hello, I have cleaned the item_kinds1.txt file for RCM to work with 1.505 version of LaK.
Don't know how I can make it downloadable.
If someone is interested, tell me how to do.

cheers

EDIT :

But I don't know if deleting some items won't lead to lords or parties wearing no armor or helmet... This has to be checked

I downloaded the latest version of this mod and my version of m&b is just the regular 1 i bout the disk can anyone help when i try to play the mod it say some error thing while loading idk why is there a patch i need or something?

Conners said:
. Metal armour is a lot more effective now, and arrows do cutting instead of piercing damage so you won't be pincushioned.

how is arrows doing cutting damage more realistic ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Longbow#Use

The effects of a powerful bow on contemporary armour are illustrated by this 12th century account by Gerald of Wales:

... n the war against the Welsh, one of the men of arms was struck by an arrow shot at him by a Welshman. It went right through his thigh, high up, where it was protected inside and outside the leg by his iron cuirasses, and then through the skirt of his leather tunic; next it penetrated that part of the saddle which is called the alva or seat; and finally it lodged in his horse, driving so deep that it killed the animal.[21]

n a modern test, a direct hit from a steel bodkin point penetrated Damascus chain armour.[23] (Bodkin points have been described as "armour-piercing", but the latest research is that they were not made of hardened steel and were not designed for this purpose.)

Even very heavy draw longbows have trouble penetrating well made, tough steel plate armour, which was used increasingly after 1350. Armour of the Medieval eras was not proof against arrows until the specialized armour of the Italian city state mercenary companies.[25] Archery was ineffective against plate armour in the Battle of Neville's Cross (1346), the siege of Bergerac (1345), and the Battle of Poitiers (1356); such armour became available to European knights of fairly modest means by the late 1300s, though never to all soldiers in any army.

Agincourt. proved the ineffective of arrows, the French where defeated because they where tired and the field was muddy.

This comes form the same Wiki page you linked.

Yep, the only situation where bodkin has showed any penetration against metal armour is in a close range direct shot against lower grade iron flat plates. Which is like trying to test the effectiveness of a Kevlar vest against an M107 at point blank range  :lol:.

:shock:  :sad:  File not found! it seems really cool and i look forward to realistic armor and piercing axes, please halp. and thanks for all of the tedious work put into this for our enjoyment.

:EDIT: I found it! here is the link http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1328. I will be playing this tonight thanks again  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom