Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, it works for me. Did stop working when I tried to uninstall the missile pack as a test, though--although I mightn't have done it properly.

Also, Drakor said it worked for him. So unless he installed it in some way you didn't, I'd think it's unfortunately a technical or software error...

A few questions: Are you using the latest version of mount and blade? Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP? Have you ever had trouble with other mods?

One of the few fixes I can think of is if you downloaded the item-editor and changed the item stats like I did. I can PM you the RCM stats I based this add-on off.

I'm using v1.011 with windows Vista and I've had no problems with any other mod.  I'll try the item-editor thing you suggested, so if you wanna PM me the stats that would be cool.

Thanks.

Here's the link to the item editor: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=27735.new#new

I've PMed you the stats. I found it very difficult to re-stat various items without examples in L&R, especially items that were differently sized than the example. Some items can be sized as the RCM examples, however--but I didn't do it with all of them.

Conners said:
Could some of you please test my RCM add-on just to see if it works, so that I know whether it's just one person with the bug or a percentage of people?

So for me:

RCM with L&R 1.505 works fine.
(even with the missiles.brf not in Resource folder)

RCM with L&R 1.508 does not work!
(unable to find missiles.brf when not in the Resource folder. When it's there, at the end of loading there's a "Runtime error")

Wait, there's been another L&R release already? Ah.... now I think I understand. The thing is, I made the RCM stats for version 1.505. Should've mentioned it earlier, but I thought it'd be fine for the moment (didn't realize they updated this frequently)...

It's a lot of work re-doing those items for someone who isn't an RCM expert, so I'm wondering how frequently to do this. I guess I'll do an RCM version of 508.

Thanks for clarifying that for us Henning0r.  Not knowing why was the biggest frustration! 

Take your time Connors, its not like this is your full time job :razz:.  I appreciate your work, it sounds tedious.

Thanks

Tedious is right.... Imagine a list that stretches THIS long:
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Item
Without ANY built-in form of searching it besides manually looking through and reading... And it isn't sorted by any obvious means, changing rules so as to confuse you. Worst of all, sometimes you don't know what the equipment is like (does "Coat" mean leather, chain, cloth or linen? And what type of coat? One that covered the legs or a waistcoat....?).

So yeah, I don't want to do this every update unless the updates are on a several-months basis.

Tournament Weapons, Armour and Horses are now RCM statted!!! With help from Ron, I've tried to do a Sports-Fighting feel, where you're going to be doing 0 damage with a bad swing, or even a good one (get it just right and be lucky, however, and you'll do a powerful blow!!).
There were problems with the bow, especially with the crazy Vaeghir and Khneright tournies, but it should be fine for the moment.
Horses are also well-armoured now, since I'm pretty sure they were very sensitive about horses getting injured in jousts (I think you could get banned from tournaments permanently if you injured or killed your opponent's mount in the joust... maybe that isn't correct).

Going to be working on the practice weapons for the Gauntlet and Sparring.

Good to see this here, Conners. I know how boring and time consuming to go through every item  :lol:, for I ported it to 1257, so thanks. I've become so used to RCM now that I can't simply think of using the Native Combat System again, where heavy armour was useless, horses crawled, and poleaxes had the speed of daggers  :razz:.

Version 1.508 is now up!!!

Please tell me about any bugs or weird stats.

We have a lot in common on this topic, Jean. The Native fighting of mods annoys me now too (hence why I undertook this mod), and just the idea of going through that item list again is starting to become scary...

Well, enjoy the add-on guys! There's some really cool armour in this version.

Only thing we miss now is the possibility to trip heavy knights on their face and let them drown in the mud and be trambled over by horses.  :twisted:

From now on you have to ask Nick to put all new items to the end of the list at new versions of L&R and you only need to copy-paste the new items and change their stats, not every single item again.

I love the tweaks you made but there is some problems with this. The khergit tournaments with throwing weapons and bows are ridiculous. Every shot makes the opponent 0 damage because they are wearing so good armor. It is really tedious and comes to a point where everyone are whacking each other with bare hands... :grin:

And I think axes should do cutting dmg instead of penetrative.

A bow can be good, as long as the guy who mans it is skilled. I've seen bows doing 26 damage to me when I was wearing +80 armor!

But in all cases, sidearms are welcome.

@Ackwell: Heheh, that'd be hard to do.

Better PM him that little detail now...

@Ackwell: I tried it with a point or two in Power Draw and Power Throw, as well as Horse Archery. The idea is to make tournaments less of an "easy money" source and more like actual sports :razz:.

In the RCM, Axes always are armour-piercing, because in reality they are.

@Jean: Yeah... enough points in power draw and even heavier armour is on its toes.

If I knew how to add some sort of mace as a sidearm to the Knergit tournaments, I would... but I don't know how.

Otherwise I have to say I love this add-on. Make battles much more tactical and challenging in a different way. I wonder if Nick is going to implement battle morale, formations, shield bashing and spear bracing scripts in this. Would fit nicely with RCM add-on. I need to check if I can implement them myself. As long as I don't have to use python. I tried it before and failed miserably. :smile:

One good thing about this add-on is that I have started using weapons which were all obsolete to me before. Like military pick for example. Now we just need more of blunt and piercing weapons to use. :smile:

Excellent job with this add-on. Well done on getting a 1.508 version out. :grin:

@Ackwell: Yeah, me too. I've been having tons of fun playing L&R with the new stats I did (but I'm quite unsure about some of the helmet stats...). The Battle Morale mod is amazing, I'd appreciate it as part of the mod--I'd also love the Bleeding Script to be in, but I can't install it because there are no .py files....

Yeah, I don't remember EVER using a pick in Native fighting (well, I haven't been using one now either, but that's because I'm busy with my axes--which I never used before). As for lack of blunt and piercing, I remember having a mission to capture someone, so I tried to buy a mace... I had to go to about five towns before I got one (luckily I had cheats on so I could fast-travel).

@Earl of Swadia: Thank you for your praise :smile:!

Oh, and I'll just mention again by the way, that if any RCM experts happen to be playing, please give me feedback on weapon and armour stats which seem a bit weird.

I think though that the one hand axes could be a little more fast. Now they are so close to two handers that it pays off to take two hander for more punch. They could be little less powerfull maybe but faster... like 75-85'ish. And I think the warhammer should be B or P damage instead of cutting since it is originally designed against plate armor. It has the piercing spike on the other side and the blunt one on the other

Well, the weapon speed stats are only slight less than most of the one-handed swords. The weight is greater, however, so that might be slowing them down. Also, the main reason to not use a two-handed weapon in this case would probably be for the sake of a shield (since the extra damage should be worth the decreased speed). I can't think of any one-handed axes below 75 speed (of course the list is rather long, so there might've been a non-native one)...

As for the war hammer, that's probably a bug. The ItemKinds-Editor will change the damage type by itself, so you have to keep correcting it until it stops. You could always download it and edit the war hammer yourself (I can't find the one you're talking about), but I wouldn't recommend changing anything else if you like the realistic feel.

Also, I've done a small update which changes the native one-handed axes to have greater length, slowing them down slightly. I recommend getting the update.

So yeah, I tried this mod out since I like my heavily armored hero play style. There are some issues though... I joined a tourney in Jalehek or w/e that Rhod place is called. It starts with us all on foot, 1h and 2h swords... None of us could do damage to eachother, I had the 2h sword and did full running speed hits and got 0 damage delivered...

Back
Top Bottom