Resolved Lord Ransom gives no money if it is above 5000K patch 1.6.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: If i accept ransoms above 5000K i sometimes get no money and the lord is released.
How to Reproduce: accept ransom in the save file i sent
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTX 1060
GPU Driver Version: Latest
CPU: intel core i7-2600 Cpu @3.40 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Probably the clan doesn't have that much money,or maybe it's intentional or a work in progress where they trick ya ass into giving them FREE MUNEH MUNEH!!!!

Still seems to be happening in a new unmodded game I started with 1.7.0. After awhile accepting ransom offers for lords will just release the lords for me without payment, If I save and reload they will work again for awhile.

Played some more actually paying attention to when it does or does not work and people who suggested the npc might not have enough money could be right. Seems to happen more on large ransom's and sometimes one will not work then the next couple from other people will.

Last edited:
I sometimes see that they give nothing and other times they'll give $4000+ (but under $5000). This is with 1.7.0.

Edit: I just declined a ransom offer of over 12k for a lord, the highest I've ever been offered. I'm holding out for a lower offer, lol.

Last edited:
I've been paying attention to this. If its under 5k they generally give you what it says. If the offer is over 5k I frequently get nothing, but sometimes get exactly 5k, and sometimes get a random amount between 4500 & 5000. I did get the amount offered exactly once, a bit over 7200, I believe. Its an odd bug since it doesn't seem to follow a pattern, other than the fact that it doesn't occur under 5k (as far as I've noticed).

As an update; now I find about 1/2 the time the ransom is over 4k they give me nothing, sometimes below 4k. Its getting worse as the game progresses. Currently Winter 1103. I 'think' if I let the offer sit longer...then when I open it, let it sit 5-10 seconds...it 'seems' more likely I get the cash asked for. I also think the money issue may not exist with the mercenaries. I have gotten over 5k fairly often from the merc clans.

Back
Top Bottom