In Progress Lord Needs a Tutor - Clan Roles

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hi,

I started the Lord Needs a Tutor quest and assigned the NPC character I got from the quest to the Clan Engineer role since I figured he was going to be with my Clan for a year. When he got enough experience to complete the quest though, he just left with the role still assigned to him. Now, I am unable to assign the Engineer role to anyone in the clan.

Hello, normally you can change the roles of the companions by dialogue. Can you please try and talk your companion out of the role? If you are unable to do that, can you please provide a save file where we can reproduce the issue? You can send the file to me directly via DM or you can upload it to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread to the description so i can identify the file.

Hello, normally you can change the roles of the companions by dialogue. Can you please try and talk your companion out of the role? If you are unable to do that, can you please provide a save file where we can reproduce the issue? You can send the file to me directly via DM or you can upload it to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread to the description so i can identify the file.

The challenge is I can't find the NPC to talk to since he left the party after the quest.

I'll send you the save file.

It happened to me too and now i'm very careful not setting roles to heroes i won't keep in my team. YES you can speak to him to change the role or you can take him/her back to your party to change the role, but sometime you can't because the NPC is deleted, is simply unavailable or left your clan!

This is clearly a bug, if you want to reproduce it, it's easy, set any companion to a role, then make them governor of a city and you will see your party role is locked.
This is simply cause of how party roles are stored, it's a variable in the "mobileparty" object that point at the said hero. If you hero leave the party cause of a quest, being assigned as party leader or a governor, this isn't reset and the hero remains in his role in your party even if he is not in the party anymore. And since the role is already affected, you can't assign a new hero to it.

Indeed, talking to NPCs usually allows us to counter this bug. However, it makes it tedious and a bit annoying to have to do that everytime, because in theory the function in the Clan tab to change roles should be working regardless of the presence of the character with the assigned role within your party. There are too many instances where characters with roles aren't part of your party anymore, and when they leave their role should be automatically unassigned from them. This is merely a case of a couple lines of code missing to make that feature function properly.

It happened to me too and now i'm very careful not setting roles to heroes i won't keep in my team. YES you can speak to him to change the role or you can take him/her back to your party to change the role, but sometime you can't because the NPC is deleted, is simply unavailable or left your clan!

This is clearly a bug, if you want to reproduce it, it's easy, set any companion to a role, then make them governor of a city and you will see your party role is locked.
This is simply cause of how party roles are stored, it's a variable in the "mobileparty" object that point at the said hero. If you hero leave the party cause of a quest, being assigned as party leader or a governor, this isn't reset and the hero remains in his role in your party even if he is not in the party anymore. And since the role is already affected, you can't assign a new hero to it.

I did this too with the governor, though I was able to fix that by removing them from the governor role, then removing their clan role then reinstalling them as a governor. However, I wasn't able to do it with the NPC that disappeared. I don't know what happens if you assign someone a role then create a party with them or have them manage a caravan.

I did this too with the governor, though I was able to fix that by removing them from the governor role, then removing their clan role then reinstalling them as a governor. However, I wasn't able to do it with the NPC that disappeared. I don't know what happens if you assign someone a role then create a party with them or have them manage a caravan.
The same you have to disband the party or get the caravan killed to be able to remove the role again. So it's simply a bug they should fix it. Having you forced to talk to the NPC to "fire" him is just the opposite of fun and like many things in this game( not being able to spend points on companions not in party?) it's really gratuitous and brings nothing except frustration.

And go talk to him when he dies like in this thread lol. You need a new role, shaman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom