Lord got hijacked and imprisoned

Users who are viewing this thread

I got a slight problem, I've been a king now for over a year and managed to conquer most of pendor. The only large and strong kingdom left is Empire, Fierdsvein and Sarelon are both low to average size. I were at war with Empire for over a year and I took 3 castles and 1 town from them. I then decided to enable auto defections so lords that had low relationships with their kings could join me.

One lord did this, Lord Montewar. Lord Montewar was a Sarleon vassal and defected from Kingdom of Sarleon to me when he was in a battle against empire. Unfortently, Lord Montewar lost and was captured, becoming a prisoner. I had not accepted him as a vassal of mine before he was captured, so he claimed to be a vassal of mine without me knowing, making him a vassal without a king (lol). It still says that he is a vassal of mine, but there is no option to give him a fief, ask for his location etc...

Shortly after, I made peace after whooping Empires ass, and all my vassals that got captured was released, except Montewar. Montewar was put in Janos as a prisoner and I knew there was nothing to do about it. I found it very fun acctualy. It got more confusing though, as time went on Kingdom of Sarleon sieged Janos and took it over. Montewar however, was NOT released. Empire decided to strike back and took Janos once again, and did not release Montewar...

I really want Montewar out of this mess and make him an acctual vassal of mine, any tips how I can get him out of this mess?

First go to the nearest village and ask if the Village Elder can do anything to help you.

Who knows, he could be an invaluable asset...

Ok this is getting more and more akward, I tried to rescue him, but the first thing he does is knocking me out and making me fail the rescue leaving him permanently stuck in Janos. My only choice left now is to declare war against the Empire, but I dont want to declare war against a faction that can field almost 10k troops against my 3k. Looks like I'll leave him stuck there for a while.  :lol:

Try again. Sometimes the rescue thing freaks out when the lord is not a sworn vassal of your kingdom. Restart the game and give it another try.

I dont know what happened now, game just said that he was "freed from captivity" but he does not respawn anywhere and I think he is now gone from the game.

Well, that's a weird bug.

On the bright side he was probably dishonourable anyways.  :razz:

fishy75 said:
I dont know what happened now, game just said that he was "freed from captivity" but he does not respawn anywhere and I think he is now gone from the game.

If he respawns it will be most likely in your court.

pvtchaos said:
fishy75 said:

If he respawns it will be most likely in your court.

His wife respawned in my court, but Montewar is nowhere to be found. Even now when I have obliderated the empire he is still not respawning lol

Sometimes lords eventually escape after enough time passes. Do you desperately need this guy? I'd just wait til he finds his own way out. Only other thing I can think of is war, just capture a few of their fiefs and recapture each one whenever they retake it until they offer a peace agreement. They'll still raid your territories but they won't capture any of your fiefs.

Back
Top Bottom