Lord betrayal spam and long cooldown between empty fiefdoms being assigned to a lord

Users who are viewing this thread

So this has most likely been addressed somewhere already since it's a rather big problem with the Native module but I haven't been able to find a proper solution anywhere (or I just suck at searching).

The problem is that after playing the campaign for some time, all lords start to constantly switch factions, most likely due to low opinion with the faction ruler. This results in an absolute anarchy with virtually all holdings (besides those held by the faction rulers) constantly switching hands. Is there a way to make it so that, for example, when a lord switches factions, his relationship with his new liege resets to 0 if negative? This wouldn't prevent lords that are already mad at their liege from leaving but at least they wouldn't instantly quit their new faction after joining.

The second problem is the length of the cooldown between empty fiefdoms being assigned a new lord. Currently, in each kingdom, an empty fiefdom is assigned a new lord every 120 hours. I'd like to be able to decrease it but I'm not sure where to look in the scripts file or whether it'd require a new game or not.

Edit: I was able to find the solution to the second issue. In scripts.txt, you look for "assign_lords_to_empty_centers". There, you find the number "120" and edit it to whichever value you want to.

Last edited:
The bug is called 'lord indictment spiral' and has already been fixed in the early days of Warband 2010-2012. I see you have at least some knowledge regarding scripting, so I recommend you to mod the Module System of Warband instead of tweaking compiled text files. You may use some well-established Module Systems, such as Floris dev suite or others.

The bug is called 'lord indictment spiral' and has already been fixed in the early days of Warband 2010-2012. I see you have at least some knowledge regarding scripting, so I recommend you to mod the Module System of Warband instead of tweaking compiled text files. You may use some well-established Module Systems, such as Floris dev suite or others.
I actually have 0 knowledge about modding, sorry. I only know of script files editing because I found this old thread and decided to experiment myself.

Other than that, I know nothing.

Last edited:
Native. I mentioned it in the OP.
I recommend that you start a new game in an enhanced Native module (there are plenty of these); just browse through TW forum Warband modding section or Warband mods on ModDB/ Nexus/ Steam Workshop. Vanilla Native is not worth it, I can say it after conquering all of Calradia in it.

I'm sceptical towards "enhanced" modules. They probably tweak the balance too much and change too much when compared to vanilla Native. I only want fixes, not big changes.

Also, my current campaign has been going for over a year. I don't know if I want to abandon it like that.

Do whatever you want to. I am sure there are some modules only fixing Native, not expanding it with lore-breaking features, such as new towns, villages, troops, factions, weapons and so on. Anyway, that is your turn to find them, up to you.

I'm sceptical towards "enhanced" modules. They probably tweak the balance too much and change too much when compared to vanilla Native. I only want fixes, not big changes.

Also, my current campaign has been going for over a year. I don't know if I want to abandon it like that.

Okay, so I did get into modding the module system and using this thread, I made it so that a lord get his controversy reset when being indicted for treason as well as making said lord keep his army upon indictment. The problem is: That hasn't quite solved anything. I would still like to make it so that when a lord gets indicted, his relationship with his new liege gets reset to 0 if negative. I'm not sure how to do it, however.

Back
Top Bottom