Lord as prisoner stuck in party

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruyina

Sergeant
Greetings, it's been a while.
After using the search feature, but to no avail, I'm wondering if anyone can help me, please.

I undertook the quest from a Guild Master to create peace between two kingdoms, however, at the time I was not a vassal nor a mercenary of either kingdom. As a low level, I thought it would be a nice challenge so I accepted. The kingdoms that were at war were the Khergits and Swadians (of course).

I decided to capture one Lord and bribe the other, so I set about finding a low numbered Swadian army, with low-ranking troops. Lo and behold Count Plais struts beside me, so I charge him and capture him. I then raise the money (with great difficulty) to bribe the Khergit lord required for the quest.

Upon bribing said Khergit lord, I went to hand the quest in only to find Halmar (where I accepted the quest) under seige by the Swadians. I could not enter the city, my only option was to join Halmar in their defensive, which I decided NOT to do. I'm interested in challenges, not suicide.

I thought, "No biggie, I can wait it out". So I set up camp beside Halmar. All of a sudden a pop-up came up saying the Khergits and Swadians had made peace. My quest failed and I lost my "deposit". The one thing is, Count Plais was still with me.

Naturally I was frustrated, but moved on. I thought, after a while, someone would offer me money for Count Plais so thought nothing of it. The one problem was, I'd become enemies with the Swadians and because I was acting alone I had no backup. I thought it would be best to become a mercenary of the Khergits, to get my -30 Swadian relation back up to 0, and that worked -- but Count Plais was still with me. It's been about 70 in-game days since I captured him and no one has made an offer on him.

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or if there is any other way I can release him. Did this happen because I acted as an independant party? Will I ever see the back of this guy? I wouldn't mind so much, but in previous save games I've always recieved an offer for a captured Lord or King within 30 days. Am I merely being impatient? Should I start a new war with the Swadians in an attempt to get an offer?

Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom