SP - World Map Looters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would be a better mechanic and more engaging from a role playing perspective if looters were less tied to the player character and tied more to the area they were in.

For example, Large groups of looters should only be spawn in war torn or improvised, and/or low loyalty areas, you can leave the small looter spawns at the beginning of the game constant so you don't have to redo the entire balance, plus there will always be crime but they would be small parties so they can out run the authorities. However if a kingdom is peaceful and happy with several it doesn't make sense to have large looter parties and it would reward the player for increasing stability in their territory through governors and defending settlements.

I think it would be a better mechanic and more engaging from a role playing perspective if looters were less tied to the player character and tied more to the area they were in.

For example, Large groups of looters should only be spawn in war torn or improvised, and/or low loyalty areas, you can leave the small looter spawns at the beginning of the game constant so you don't have to redo the entire balance, plus there will always be crime but they would be small parties so they can out run the authorities. However if a kingdom is peaceful and happy with several it doesn't make sense to have large looter parties and it would reward the player for increasing stability in their territory through governors and defending settlements.
Excellent suggestion and one that is made repeatedly on the forum, I do not think I once have read someone being positive about banditsize being tied to character level,especially concerning the survival rate of caravans in the late game.

I think it would be a better mechanic and more engaging from a role playing perspective if looters were less tied to the player character
I do not think I once have read someone being positive about banditsize being tied to character leve
I fully agree!

This solution is by far better than as-is!

I think though, bandit/looter spawn should be tied to low security, high influence bandleaders, large battles(many "deserters" escaping) and daily loss in prosperity(Prosperity includes citizen-count - they surely go somewhere - not all of them dies!).

looters spawnrate : factoring : prosperity/security of settlements.
have a mechanism that allow looters to "merge" with other looters parties to reduce the # of small parties.

so that large parties are organically created

Back
Top Bottom