Looter perk in skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

_COS_

Recruit
I don't get the point of having this perk for rabble and peasant on skirmish. It's fine on cav but having it on rabble and peasant makes the games less competitive and less fun. You can spawn forever if you get some kills. I've like your recent balance changes but this isn't a good change in my opinion. @NIN3
Maybe remove looter perk on peasant and rabble for skirmish and add it for every faction on tdm and siege, since people complain about Vlandia being op in tdm and siege. Maybe it will balance it if every faction has looter perk.

It's not now, nor ever has been an issue in competitive skirmish. Looter perk and peasants are a meme, certainly not OP in any manner if they are even used.

It's not now, nor ever has been an issue in competitive skirmish. Looter perk and peasants are a meme, certainly not OP in any manner if they are even used.
I disagree. If you are fighting against aserai as vlandia for example, your best chance against countering their 3 life inf is going sergeant first life and going peasant with looter perk after you die. You can loot shields or better weapons, if you get some kills you can spawn 3 times or more as inf. I've seen teams go sergeant first life then looter as vlandia and spear inf first life then rabble with looter second life as khuzait in BEAST. It's used in competitive a lot.

I don't get the point of having this perk for rabble and peasant on skirmish. It's fine on cav but having it on rabble and peasant makes the games less competitive and less fun. You can spawn forever if you get some kills. I've like your recent balance changes but this isn't a good change in my opinion.
(ping removed)
Maybe remove looter perk on peasant and rabble for skirmish and add it for every faction on tdm and siege, since people complain about Vlandia being op in tdm and siege. Maybe it will balance it if every faction has looter perk.
Personally, I think the Looter perk is in a pretty okay position on Rabble, since you're giving up a pretty strong pike in exchange for MAYBE spawning in as a stronger unit to make up for wasting one of your lives on a 90 cost unit.

On Peasant Levy, I feel like the Perk 1 weapons aren't nearly powerful enough to warrant giving up the 100HP kite shield, and the other perk besides Village Militia and Looter is just a meme pick.

Personally, I think the Looter perk is in a pretty okay position on Rabble, since you're giving up a pretty strong pike in exchange for MAYBE spawning in as a stronger unit to make up for wasting one of your lives on a 90 cost unit.

On Peasant Levy, I feel like the Perk 1 weapons aren't nearly powerful enough to warrant giving up the 100HP kite shield, and the other perk besides Village Militia and Looter is just a meme pick.
I don't think it's a good idea to go rabble with pike instead of spear inf or rabble with looter perk your second life. You'll just get ganged up in an inf fight as a pikeman.
Going rabble or peasant with looter perk draws out the rounds in skirmish. You shouldn't have to win the first inf fight, then also kill enemy team 2-3 or more times to win a round.

Unpopular opinion: Cataphract should have the Looter Perk so as to enable spawning as a Menavlion Infantry or Archer Militia when you die on your first life. As it currently stands, there's generally no reason to spawn as a Cataphract in Skirmish unless you have more than 300 gold starting off.

Unpopular opinion: Cataphract should have the Looter Perk so as to enable spawning as a Menavlion Infantry or Archer Militia when you die on your first life. As it currently stands, there's generally no reason to spawn as a Cataphract in Skirmish unless you have more than 300 gold starting off.
xdd thats the point of all heavy cav if u wanna spawn as it first life u are doing a risk

xdd thats the point of all heavy cav if u wanna spawn as it first life u are doing a risk
And the Imperial heavy cav has the downside of "Forfeit spawning if you die as this unit", because there is no reason to ever spawn as the Recruit since they're basically naked and are equipped with wimpy weapons that are only ever a threat if multiple recruits are to gang up on a single target. This fatal flaw essentially means that Empire only has 5 classes vs Sturgia's 6 and everyone else's 7.

Also, having a Looter perk for Cataphract means having neither the bastard axe or kontos, since most heavy cav units are actually pretty vulnerable when on foot since cavalry swords are generally the slowest one-handed weapons in the game.

Last edited:
Literally just spawn two light cav's as empire in the first round. Or don't die as your heavy spawn. If you do die the recruit isn't even terrible It is much better than the sturgian 100 gold spawn in my opinion, and better than the 100 gold battanian spawn. Only outclassed by aserai's 100 gold unit spawn.

Literally just spawn two light cav's as empire in the first round. Or don't die as your heavy spawn. If you do die the recruit isn't even terrible It is much better than the sturgian 100 gold spawn in my opinion, and better than the 100 gold battanian spawn. Only outclassed by aserai's 100 gold unit spawn.
i didnt bother responding cos my brain hurt good luck xd

Back
Top Bottom