SP - General Looter "alternatives"

Users who are viewing this thread

Adryl

Regular
I think it would be a lot of fun if we had some other alternatives to looters for small groups of "evil' troops to fight, especially early game.

I don't mean mountain bandits or sea raiders - they're stronger and more importantly, much faster (which is really annoying).

I mean something of the same speed and general caliber as looters, but just different names and weapons so there's a little variety. For example:
- Slavers. Maybe they have slightly better weapons but no stones (and sometimes are carrying peasants which you can rescue to join your party)
- Poachers. They're equipped with bows and spears. Tend to have furs / goods.
- Rebels. Just some peasants who are rebelling and are angrily burning things. They'd have pitchforks, wood axes and blacksmith hammers.
- Thieves. They have throwing knives and short bladed weapons.
- Marauders. Slow but they have leather armor, better axes, and spears.

And then some "higher level" larger groups that can be fought without incurring a war:
- Smugglers. Exactly like caravans but with smuggled goods so you can attack them without upsetting anyone.
- Deserters. Groups of soldiers that are fairly sizable but not part of an army.
- Mercenaries. Just groups of unaffiliated commanders (like the main character in the beginning). These are literally already in the game, they're just always part of some faction. Just make it so they don't always have to be in a faction.

It would be really great to have some more varied options for battle other than joining a faction or starting a kingdom, at least in the early to mid game.

Sounds like a good idea, the neutral enemies could do with more variety. Not too sure about the rebels in particular- might be best left to the rebellions update and it would make more sense for their anger to be directed at their liege instead of random passersby- but the slavers, poachers, thieves, marauders etc. sound good, and the deserters definitely need to be re-added.

- Mercenaries. Just groups of unaffiliated commanders (like the main character in the beginning). These are literally already in the game, they're just always part of some faction. Just make it so they don't always have to be in a faction.

They aren't always part of a faction, but you can't tell at a glance because they never revert to their original colors. They just keep their last employer's colors until they get hired again. The only way to check on the campaign map is to hover over their party and check their faction; if it says "Ghilman" or whatever their clan name is, they are independent.

They aren't always part of a faction, but you can't tell at a glance because they never revert to their original colors. They just keep their last employer's colors until they get hired again. The only way to check on the campaign map is to hover over their party and check their faction; if it says "Ghilman" or whatever their clan name is, they are independent.

Good to know, thanks!

I mean something of the same speed and general caliber as looters, but just different names and weapons so there's a little variety. For example:
- Slavers. Maybe they have slightly better weapons but no stones (and sometimes are carrying peasants which you can rescue to join your party)
- Poachers. They're equipped with bows and spears. Tend to have furs / goods.
- Rebels. Just some peasants who are rebelling and are angrily burning things. They'd have pitchforks, wood axes and blacksmith hammers.
- Thieves. They have throwing knives and short bladed weapons.
- Marauders. Slow but they have leather armor, better axes, and spears.

Good ideas. I mean if you think about it -Looters dont just run around the land robbing people -Looters are people that steal when areas are smitten by disaster be it war/famine or natural disasters. Doesnt make much sense for them too just be roaming the Earth. They just feel like they werent given much though -kinda like the generic Giant Spider/Giant Rat from the Games of Ye Old -merely creations to level up upon killing. But if one really thinks about it --theres a huge disparity between a lowlevel thug with a rock and a friggen Horse sized spider!! I mean a Horse sized Spider or Rat would be an absolute lethal abomination to encounter -imagine if these came out after real world modern day Hurricanes. Frightening. I will contemplate this all -Soon.

Back
Top Bottom