Looted red brotherhood stronghold, no qualis gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiri Kaneko

Recruit
I paid people in taverns til I got the red brotherhood hideout map, it spawned near Ishkoman. After many attempts I turned down the difficulty and beat it (my companions were completely spazzing out and I was getting headshotted across the map while my shield was up and my bow was about as accurate as a musket when I'm on foot).

The gem didn't show up in the loot list after, even though it's the first and only stronghold I did, what gives?

Sorry if this question had been answered before, I typed it into the search and it flagged every word with 'red' in such as 'hiRED' and 'disappeaRED'

1) Please use the Quick Questions // Quick Answers thread for this instead of cluttering the board with lots of tiny One-Question-Topics.

2) Please use your brain. If simply typing red does not yield the desired result, try "red brotherhood" as a coherent expression or simply brotherhood + qualis.

3) Please read the FAQ. It would have answered 80% of your questions on this board so far.

4) I will refrain from an answer to the question so as not to encourage this kind of thread anymore.

Just disregard some people who believe that everyone has an iq of 200 and acts/thinks exactly as they do. Afterall, POP is only for the l33t.

/sarcasm off.

Reload the save before the mission (if ya got one) and pay attention to your onscreenlog during the mission. If you got difficulties in combat try to move as a group by using the follow me command.

Careful and cohesive reading, understanding, drawing your own conclusions and looking things up by yourself has nothing to do with supreme intellect at all.

Unfortunately, with the digital flood of easy information, it´s a becoming a demanding and difficult task for more and more people.

Yeah, it seems like on every board there's always someone who goes around acting obnoxious and superior. For the record I typed 'red brotherhood qualis gem' and it flagged every word with 'red' in it as I said. If you had ever tried the search engine yourself you would know that. I recommend you take a few minutes to learn a little bit about the thing you are talking about before you give people nasty lectures about it.

The quick questions/quick answers thread is LONG. You can't seriously say that looking through the whole thing til I find my question assuming someone else has experienced the same problem or has the same question (which in some cases seems unlikely) is a faster method than just making a thread. Incidentally I did make one thread to post all my questions in but I wasn't getting many replies, presumeably because the thread title wasn't the question, and because some obnoxious person was posting there as well.

I'd agree that my questions would be cluttering the board, if it wasn't a slow board. I can post a question a week ago and never get any replies and still see it on the first page a week after. If few people are making use of the board to begin with then if anything the increase in activity should be desireable.

This post may seem harsh to you, but you reap what you sow, and if you want people to treat you with respect then you should start by treating others how you would wish to be treated. However, I don't want to encourage your kind of response so I shall refrain from replying to you from now on.

If you're playing PoP 3.611, then there should be a message in the chat box something along the lines of "Now find the treasure chest" after you've killed everyone in the hideout. The Qualis is in that chest, look around before tabbing out. If you didn't get it the first time I think you can still retrieve it later from other hideouts, though I'm not too certain regarding that.

Kiri Kaneko said:
Yeah, it seems like on every board there's always someone who goes around acting obnoxious and superior. For the record I typed 'red brotherhood qualis gem' and it flagged every word with 'red' in it as I said. If you had ever tried the search engine yourself you would know that. I recommend you take a few minutes to learn a little bit about the thing you are talking about before you give people nasty lectures about it.

The quick questions/quick answers thread is LONG. You can't seriously say that looking through the whole thing til I find my question assuming someone else has experienced the same problem or has the same question (which in some cases seems unlikely) is a faster method than just making a thread. Incidentally I did make one thread to post all my questions in but I wasn't getting many replies, presumeably because the thread title wasn't the question, and because some obnoxious person was posting there as well.

I'd agree that my questions would be cluttering the board, if it wasn't a slow board. I can post a question a week ago and never get any replies and still see it on the first page a week after. If few people are making use of the board to begin with then if anything the increase in activity should be desireable.

This post may seem harsh to you, but you reap what you sow, and if you want people to treat you with respect then you should start by treating others how you would wish to be treated. However, I don't want to encourage your kind of response so I shall refrain from replying to you from now on.

For the record, I read your post and it might have been advantageous to you if you had read mine properly. Of course including "red" yields too many results, that is why I suggested using less common words in conjunction. I tried it and "brotherhood qualis" produced lots of posts solely occupied with the qualis gem from the red brotherhood hideout. You can also use a site-specific google search that is more refined in using coherent expressions. E.g. Try typing the following into google: "red brotherhood" qualis site:forums.taleworlds.com.

I recommend you take a few minutes to understand what people are talking about before you label them as arrogant fools.

Also, the Quick Questions // Quick Answers thread is not only meant to be searched, but you can simply post your questions there, giving them a higher probability to be answered in time. There is a reason we frown on making a new topic for every single question of every single new player: It clutters not only the board, but also the search function. When people type their questions there, lots of tiny unfruitful topics with similar or not even closely related questions will show up in the search, preventing them from finding a quick answer.

This is also the reason why your questions posted a week ago in a separate topic did not receive as much attention as you seem to have wished for.

In general I refer to point 2) of my first post here: Please use your brain.

Kiri Kaneko said:
Blablabla

Iskar put it up nicely
and brain1.0 should have been handed out upon birth. If not, please complain at your originating site and sue for recompensation or an upgrade.
Thee shan´t be noosersed.

iskar said:
Also, the Quick Questions // Quick Answers thread is not only meant to be searched, but you can simply post your questions there, giving them a higher probability to be answered in time. There is a reason we frown on making a new topic for every single question of every single new player: It clutters not only the board, but also the search function. When people type their questions there, lots of tiny unfruitful topics with similar or not even closely related questions will show up in the search, preventing them from finding a quick answer.

I have never been a massive fan of the Quick Questions // Quick Answers thread (primarily because of the hostility it produces towards newer members who may not use it), but that is one of the most coherent reasons given for its use, thanks Iskar.

I can understand what you're saying now, but aside from the fact that you didn't explain yourself properly, you didn't need to be so nasty about it either, even you must admit, to yourself if not to the rest of us, that your behaviour is both mean and immature. I get the feeling you're the kind of person that insults everyone on the internet and can't be reasoned with though so for the sake of avoiding arguments I shan't respond to you anymore.

It is certainly mean and immature to expect of other people a minimum degree of cognitive competence and that one does not need to explain every single word as if the other person was five. I find your views and feelings rather amusing though, so please do keep answering my posts, pledging not to resond anymore at the end of every new post...  :wink:

7UZ53.png

Kiri Kaneko said:
I can understand what you're saying now, but aside from the fact that you didn't explain yourself properly, you didn't need to be so nasty about it either, even you must admit, to yourself if not to the rest of us, that your behaviour is both mean and immature. I get the feeling you're the kind of person that insults everyone on the internet and can't be reasoned with though so for the sake of avoiding arguments I shan't respond to you anymore.
It may be true that some veterans are a bit irritated in their responses, but you're not a child, so there is no reason to be hurt by every jab. After calming down, even you should see that the above responses are more of irritation rather than intent to flame you.

In all fairness, YOU broke the rule if this sub-forum, by opening a new thread for a common question, instead if the designated thread "quick answers/quick questions", and as it appears even knowingly so.

Now, you expected to be excused, due to the supposed cluttering of the above mentioned designated thread, but as it appears from the detailed answers from iskar'n co, you're not.
Despite your anger at the supposed 'hostility' you have received proper answers on how to proceed on your own. Even a reason was given as to why there was no direct reply: "as to discourage these kind of threads" and "because these threads will REALLY clutter the sifu (search engine)".
In conclusion, some above replies COULD have been more 'mature', but seeing as you broke the rules and regarding previous cases of similar happenings, you can't expect it. They have a right to be irritated.
In all fairness, you could show 'maturity' yourself:
"Ok, sorry for opening the thread. I'll try what you said next time."

You probably perceive the veterans' "amusement" as taunt or scorn, but I as neutral party don't. I believe that beyond irritated they even have a right to be angry and/or simply ignore your post, leaving you simply hanging in the air.

AmLSD said:
*****ing about a misplaced thread produces more spam than the misplaced thread itself
Wow... you actually managed to insult the veterans as well as anyone else who replied, produce spam yourself by not contributing to the conversation in any way and show that your snarky comment in a loaded situation illustrates the person that your are.

I hope you will never find yourself in a serious situation and get to hear snarky comments like that.

Now pls stay out of this thread.

zykox said:
AmLSD said:
*****ing about a misplaced thread produces more spam than the misplaced thread itself
Wow... you actually managed to insult the veterans as well as anyone else who replied, produce spam yourself by not contributing to the conversation in any way and show that your snarky comment in a loaded situation illustrates the person that your are.

I hope you will never find yourself in a serious situation and get to hear snarky comments like that.

Now pls stay out of this thread.
just because someone's been here a long time doesn't change the fact that they're contributing large amounts of spam to make a point that can be summarized in a single post. however, i'm very thankful that you were able to identify the kind of person i am by a single post i made on an internet forum for video games (putting that psychology degree to good use, aren't you?).

if the word ***** is a little to brusque for this forum, perhaps i should have gone with something a little more family friendly, like "redundant expulsion of keyboard waste".

Maybe all the digital Don Quichote's should relax abit and stop chasing windmills, OP just asked a normal question. So just answer it or go somewhere else with your silly butthurt.

Normal questions are ususally answered.
People who constantly recreate a gazillion of topics in quick succession get some special attention or none at all.
The more, if it´s questions which are toroughly covered and can be easily answered without a hassle by a quick search either with the Talewords Sea Fu or Google or careful reading of easily accessable things like:

The Stickified Threads
The Manual
Creative Keywords

Suckling Babe´s shouldn´t play video games, so a tad of self awareness and concentration to people´s respones may be supposed (=using brain1.0) as I consider anyone smart enough to sign up on an internet forum able to read cohesively with the use of his preferred online dictionary if he isn´t a native speaker or has dire linguistic problems. And even these persons are usually helped pretty quickly due to the widespread community on this board providing help in his native tongue.

So please keep in mind that all those Don Quichote´s spend quite a lot of their spare time chasing windmills, answering questions, collecting and gauging up feedback, picking up ideas and working on progress behind the scenes. At a slower pace than we used to but that´s mainly because a few important Don Quichote´s did exactly what you suggested. Not to mention that quite a large amount of advise and solution is usually following the "spam" or idle talk or gossip.

And finally, if you feel hurt or annoyed by anonye or his behaviour, there´s the option to report that person or pm him. Or hide in the fallout shelter deparment of your basement and plot against the evil vicinity and the doorknob who´s eyeballing you.

And for those that wish to avoid human interaction via forums the wiki has many answers.
For the lazy: http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Qualis_Gems#Acquisition

Back
Top Bottom