Loot sharing mechanics?

Users who are viewing this thread

KiriKaneko

Veteran
So I found this on the PoP wiki and assume it applies to warband in general:

"Loot 'shares':
Think of a share as being a token for getting some loot.

Your companions do not draw equal shares out of the pot. The distribution is 10 shares for your greedy little PC(you), 5 shares for EACH companion you field, and 1 share for every other troop you have in your party."

So am I correct in thinking that:

Let's say you get 100 items of loot from a battle (a large quantity but it's an easy number to work with)

You have 4 companions and 20 soldiers. The companions get 4 x 5 = 20 loot shares, the soldiers get another 20 loot shares, the PC gets 10. So 20 + 20 + 10 = 50, 100/50 = 2, 2 x 10 = 20. Therefore, you would get 20 of those items at random?

And following from that, if you nixed the soldiers then it's you and 4 companions, 30 shares total 10 of which are yours, that means you get 33-34 items?

If what I'm thinking is correct, then running around with the usual 8 companions and 22 soldiers = 62 loot shares vs your 10, if you're hunting bands of 30-50 sea raiders in native then the loss of loot there is massive compared to 3 companions and 15 soldiers for 10 vs 30. That would be with taking surgery for myself, training a pathfinder, looter and trader companion with about 15 archers or something to support, you'd be making twice as much in loot right? Or if you levelled your own looting and trade skill and went solo the cash would be immense right?

Back
Top Bottom