Loot from battles need some kind of rework

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently post battle loot just irrelevant, it is just vendor crap, outside of horses and food. It is not fun and adds a chore of sorting and selling broken-rusty-torn-cracked trash. We need some chance to find diamond in this pile of goo.
This, i'm fine with most loot being low level or vendor trash but there should be a regular chance for a good item and a rare chance for an awesome one, this would keep the player hooked on getting more loot and is a basic design of itemization.

This, i'm fine with most loot being low level or vendor trash but there should be a regular chance for a good item and a rare chance for an awesome one, this would keep the player hooked on getting more loot and is a basic design of itemization.
Yeah, exactly. I'd be fine with them reducing overall loot amounts by a lot. Just give us the chance to get something great once in a while.

I disagree, loot is perfectly fine. Making it better would ruin the economy even more than it is already. Trading just cant keep the pace compared to the income from looting. Same goes with Roguery and village raids.

I disagree, loot is perfectly fine. Making it better would ruin the economy even more than it is already. Trading just cant keep the pace compared to the income from looting. Same goes with Roguery and village raids.
We are not saying that there should be more loot, but we rather get one good item instead of 100 rags every battle. There is loot value cap anyway.

I like the idea of loot being tied to the rest of the the game systems and such, but I feel like unless they've already been working on something like that its probably not going to happen because it would be too big of a change at this point. Repairing seems to be a decent idea but how would they implement that exactly, would it be free to repair or require a bit of resources, if it requires resources than what's the point if you can just spend resources to buy stuff, once you hit clan level 4 money usually isn't that big of an issue anymore, you can go buy almost all the high level stuff for yourself.
I think the problem actually isn't even that you don't get high tier stuff. After playing for a while I actually did get some high tier things, but the problem is all those things are damaged, i.e. cracked or rusty or whatever, which makes them virtually useless, I can spend a couple of thousand and get some armor or weapons that are lower tier but have higher armor/damage output than the damaged loot, which makes them only good for selling. I think unless they are going to rework the whole loot thing, the best thing might be to increase the stats of damaged stuff, so at least they are useful mid game. I feel like it used to be like that in Warband at least, and maybe in Bannerlord early on, but I can't remember exactly, I just feel like I was never annoyed at loot until the last few versions of Bannerlord.
My idea and a lot of ideas here though are just kind of Band-Aids I think, late game once you and your companions are kitted out loot becomes useless again. Would've been nice if there was some kind of system where that didn't happen, but the only one I can think of is that you'd use loot to upgrade troops kind of like horses with cav, but I feel like that would probably be pretty annoying in practice.

Am I the only one with the impression that loot quality is even worse in 1.5.9?

Was this changed from 0.6 to 0.5:

public static float GetExpectedLootedItemValue(CharacterObject character)
{
return 0.5f * (50f + (float)(character.Level * character.Level));
}

:?:

Fingers crossed, mexxico hopefully you can convince them to lower the prices of high tier armour significantly (long demanded) and to logically reformulate item armor protection values (what material protects more than what?).

giphy.gif

:wink: New rules in this monopoly now!
And in other news, Mexxico is leaving Taleworlds...
Lmao what a f disaster this company feels like sometimes. After Mexxico leaves I'm not sure what to expect

Did loot really get worse? I thought they said they were working on improvements. That really sucks. I also heard about Mexxico leaving, but I heard it was decision that was made a while ago.

Did loot really get worse? I thought they said they were working on improvements. That really sucks. I also heard about Mexxico leaving, but I heard it was decision that was made a while ago.
Don't noticed any real difference. Still get thousand pieces of crap to sell. If I'm actively fighting I get so much of this vendor crap, so I need to take trips to nearby kingdoms cities. because local ones have no money to buy it all. Useful loot still limited to horses and food.

I`m not 100% sure but immediately had the strong feeling it`s worse. And as I started to change a few numbers myself I could swear there was this small change about the loot we get per defeated enemy.

I notice when I marry my spouse has a unique weapon (not one available in any shop). I also once received an axe called an executioners axe from post-battle that also appeared to be unique for the same reason.

This kind of loot is very exciting, almost like noble houses have access to highly skilled smiths.

I would like to see more of this in the game. It is both very rewarding and very exciting to find.

I notice when I marry my spouse has a unique weapon (not one available in any shop). I also once received an axe called an executioners axe from post-battle that also appeared to be unique for the same reason.

This kind of loot is very exciting, almost like noble houses have access to highly skilled smiths.

I would like to see more of this in the game. It is both very rewarding and very exciting to find.
I think I've gotten the executioners axe before, but I thought I had seen it in shops before, maybe its just a high level item that's rare to show up in shops kind of like some of those tier 6 armors. But I do agree getting some unique stuff dropping will be very fun.

This thread is ridiculous. Battles give way too much loot, getting 50k worth loot in a single big battle is just broken, it should be reduced.

This thread is ridiculous. Battles give way too much loot, getting 50k worth loot in a single big battle is just broken, it should be reduced.
They give too much loot but nothing worth keeping, it's all vendor trash.

I would much prefer less loot with the ocasional chance to get a good item and rare chance to get an awesome one from massive battles for example, it's easy to justify getting low amount of loot saying it was shared among the troops and this was your portion (as historically happened too)

I'd say the discussion shouldn't be about monetary value, but about value for the player. You get a lot of coins per battle right now, but the chance of getting an actually useful item is negligible at best. It's the perfect representation of the term "vendor trash", to the point where converting looted items into coins right after the battle wouldn't take away any fun and would instead save you from the tedium.

Perhaps the idea is that we should take that loot to the Smithy, but if even TW didn't bother with the smithing mechanic, I fail to see while we should xD

I'd say the discussion shouldn't be about monetary value, but about value for the player. You get a lot of coins per battle right now, but the chance of getting an actually useful item is negligible at best. It's the perfect representation of the term "vendor trash", to the point where converting looted items into coins right after the battle wouldn't take away any fun and would instead save you from the tedium.

Perhaps the idea is that we should take that loot to the Smithy, but if even TW didn't bother with the smithing mechanic, I fail to see while we should xD
Coins are convertible into fancy items though. I think it's more logical to get top-quality stuff from merchants and craftsmen in a city rather than picking it up from the dirt on a battlefield.

And selling trash isn't really tedious either, you just click one button to sell all of it.

So IMO the system is fine except it's just too much value from the loot atm.

Coins are convertible into fancy items though. I think it's more logical to get top-quality stuff from merchants and craftsmen in a city rather than picking it up from the dirt on a battlefield.

And selling trash isn't really tedious either, you just click one button to sell all of it.

So IMO the system is fine except it's just too much value from the loot atm.
1. Yeah, not arguing that. This shouldn't be the main source of equipment, but it should be at least feasible to obtain something useful from loot. Currently, by the time you're getting a specific item, chances are you're well ahead of it in development and it's ultimately useless (except as vendor stuff)

2. I suppose it depends on the scale (battles per hour) and personal tolerance towards clicking irrelevant buttons. What I mean is that selling vendor trash to vendors doesn't add much to the experience, it's a meaningless button separating you, the player, from coins, which those 7x rusty cracked snotty looter handkerchiefs essentially substitute

Loot definitely is in a weird spot especially when you look at Roguery as well since the two are clearly intertwined strongly.

As others mention, only getting what is effectively vendor chaff is hardly interesting in the long run and just levelling up Roguery typically just gives you *more* rather than better stuff. In other words, it's all about Quantity rather than quality and people want "Quality" ie at least slightly more exciting stuff from time to time rather than more pure value.

Additionally the way it's currently structured i am fairly certain it is the primary reason why Roguery is one of the toughest skills to level up, because even with not a lot in it. You can get a lot of Denars from it consistently to the point where it easily beats trading. I mean why haul stuff from one end of Calradia to the other when you can just beat up a lot of people and sell the leftovers for a much fatter profit ?

So i think Loot is very much in need of a rethink along with Roguery.

Back
Top Bottom