Loot from battles need some kind of rework

Users who are viewing this thread

There is another formula which seems to determine the price range of the looted items (0.75 to 1.25 times the "125" in GetExpectedLootedItemValue). I set this to 0.25 to 10 and it`s the first time I get totally diverse loot, from rotten cheap stuff to masterwork swords.
Are values on the screenshot already modded?

This seems like the randomizer I've been looking for.

Last edited:
Are values on the screenshot already modded?

This seems like the randomizer I've been looking for.
Yes, that`s how I modded it and I was totally looking for this for weeks.

You can also change the effect of the roguery skill in Taleworlds.CampaingSystem.dll > DefaultSkillEffects > DefaultSkills.Roguery

Yes, that`s how I modded it and I was totally looking for this for weeks.

You can also change the effect of the roguery skill in Taleworlds.CampaingSystem.dll > DefaultSkillEffects > DefaultSkills.Roguery
Thanks! We should turn these tweaks into a mod :mrgreen:

Thanks! We should turn these tweaks into a mod :mrgreen:
You should make a mod because I don`t think I will be able to do that. Too complicated..

However, I have a question for you: DO YOU LIKE ITEM MODIFIERS??

If yes: have a look into this formula, if no: have a look into this formula ?

Default-Battle-Reward-Model.jpg

If I understand correctly, it determines when your looted item will have a modifier and when not ( in vanilla >1.3 and <0.8 of what you have in GetExpectedLootedItemValue).

There is another formula which seems to determine the price range of the looted items (0.75 to 1.25 times the "125" in GetExpectedLootedItemValue). I set this to 0.25 to 10 and it`s the first time I get totally diverse loot, from rotten cheap stuff to masterwork swords.

Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.dll > LootCollector:
Tried your numbers for loot collector. This really makes loot more diverse. The setting works in conjunction with GetExpectedLootedItemValue formula.
I tried setting GetExpectedLootedItemValue to 1/500 and 1/750, but that's really too much - looters were armed with masterwork pitchforks and balanced sickles and wore tailored rags :mrgreen: So, I had to turn this down to your 1/125, and the loot is really nice now. After big battles I get lots of stuff, with positive modifiers (thick, balanced etc.) and sometimes even undamaged high tier weapons and armour.
GetEquipmentValueFromTier: return (float)Math.Pow(2.0, (double)MathF.Clamp(itemTierf, 1f, 5f));
This tweak is handy if you wish to nerf smithing. Now player forged weapons are 10 times cheaper than in vanilla. Smithing can still yield good profit, but feels much less cheaty. Especially if you do not use the infinite stamina mod.
This tweak actually reduces all prices (except armour for some reason). The most expensive weapons in cities are now 2k-4k. Top armours are still 30k-40k. BTW, I use RBM with this mod:
Maybe it also does something to pricing mechanisms.

The only problem is that after all these tweaks, selling loot yields a lot of money (not as much as with smithing, but still a lot). We can keep lowering the pricing modifiers, but this makes food, horses, and trade commodities too cheap. It breaks immersion and (possibly) caravans and workshops.
We can tweak the GetExpectedLootedItemValue more. But its really hard to grasp the golden balance between ****ty loot and OP loot...

P.S. Also tried messing with the Item modifiers xml file. And some vanilla numbers are very strange. Like a masterwork sword having 19.5 (!!!) price multiplier for a mere +5 damage +2 speed????
This file can be tweaked not only for price increase/reduction, but also for modifier bonus effects for weapon/armour stats.
It even has modifiers for horses (health, speed, charge etc.)! However, I have yet to see a single horse with any positive/negative modifiers. Hmmmm....

If I understand correctly, it determines when your looted item will have a modifier and when not ( in vanilla >1.3 and <0.8 of what you have in GetExpectedLootedItemValue).
I still get lots of modified (both positive and negative) items from loot even without this tweak.

I don`t use any mod currently and my change of the item price formula doesn`t affect trade goods but it absolutely affects the price of armors. Maybe try it without a mod to see if it works then.

As far as I can say the item modifiers never appeared on horses (except lame if it goes down in battle), so it`s probably deactivated/not working. I set the price effect to 2.0 to 4.5 for the best modifiers to make the masterwork stuff finally appear in game. It`s indeed difficult to balance and I only get good results with the most expensive armors and weapons at max 2.500 and 0.25 to 2.5 x 100 denars per looted enemy. Otherwise as you said I get too much good loot = too rich.

Removing the minus sign (-1) in the item price formula makes the cheapest stuff more expensive btw.

The formula in your last comment is useful for two things 1. deactivate the item modifiers if you don`t want them 2. determine which tier you want guaranteed without negative modifiers (in the bigger battles at least because renown also affects loot quality to some degree).

Cool to see that somebody else here is so passionate about the precious loot!
?

As far as I can say the item modifiers never appeared on horses (except lame if it goes down in battle), so it`s probably deactivated/not working. I set the price effect to 2.0 to 4.5 for the best modifiers to make the masterwork stuff finally appear in game. It`s indeed difficult to balance and I only get good results with the most expensive armors and weapons at max 2.500 and 0.25 to 2.5 x 100 denars per looted enemy. Otherwise as you said I get too much good loot = too rich.
Right now good horses are too affordable for my taste. I always have a travelling horse ranch with me at all times. Even war breeds are cheap and ubiquitous. In WB good horses were expensive and rare, on the other hand we didn't have to spend them in order to upgrade cavalry troops.
What really bad is that horse modifiers seem to be unimplemented yet. This could contribute to immersion and economy. I mean a good destrier was basically a medieval equivalent of battle tank/sports car combined, and was as much expensive.

BTW, do you see items with modifiers in shops? I have never seen any. They are either present only for loot items or I have screwed my game with More income and more production mod.

Cool to see that somebody else here is so passionate about the precious loot!
Are you kidding? The BEST things in life are:
1. SWEET LOOT.
2. Crush your enemies.
3. See them driven before you.
4. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Found the hidden drawback of the price tweak (GetEquipmentValueFromTier). Now all my workshops give approx. 20% less income. I wonder if cheaper raw material prices are also taken into equation. Workshop income model seem completely random and independent from raw material supply/prices in cities.
However I won't revert this formula to vanilla values, as I don't want to see overpriced player forged weapons anymore.

Editing item_modifers.xml is also useful if you think the amount of loot is too valuable. We can set negative item modifiers' (rusty, bent, frayed etc.) price multipliers to something like 0.1 or 0.05 and less, so even high tier items with a negative modifier will be very cheap (we can also modify the stat penalties, making damaged items completely useless), and low tier crap (like clothes and cheap weapons) will have zero value, and thus we won't even bother collecting it after a battle.

Last edited:

Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.dll > LootCollector:

Loot-Collector.jpg
Every update I return and do this change. I'm not entirely sure what it does mathematically but it makes the game a lot more enjoyable!

I'm surprised this hasn't been made into a mod, considering how much better it makes the game.

BTW, found why body armors are so expensive.
It's based on the CalculateArmorTier calculation, which does not work too well for body armor, which seems to indicate that high tier lamellar body armor may well be actually tier 7-7.5 or so.

Actually the best Lamellar body armor has a real tier of 8.7 (sum of all armor values/10 - 0.4)!!! With vanilla scaling this alone makes it 20 times more expensive than "basic" tier 6 armor. The calculation can be tweaked, but it has to be done carefully as it has so many variables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom