Loot Drops

Users who are viewing this thread

Kneed

Regular
Raid a caravan guarded by 50 Mercenaries, 1 or 2 items drop. (200-300 value)

Destroy a 140 man army and a rusty saber and 3 pairs of stockings drop. (300-400 value, quality drops have been extremely rare, even then 1000-1200 value)

Loot and burn a poor village guarded by peasants and 40 items drop, by far the most lucrative but I don't want to be the local despot.

In M&B burning villages yielded 5 or 6 items, convoys 8-10 and eradicating a standing army left far more usable equipment, more realistic in my opinion.

Kneed said:
Raid a caravan guarded by 50 Mercenaries, 1 or 2 items drop. (200-300 value)

Destroy a 140 man army and a rusty saber and 3 pairs of stockings drop. (300-400 value, quality drops have been extremely rare, even then 1000-1200 value)

Loot and burn a poor village guarded by peasants and 40 items drop, by far the most lucrative but I don't want to be the local despot.

In M&B burning villages yielded 5 or 6 items, convoys 8-10 and eradicating a standing army left far more usable equipment, more realistic in my opinion.
the whole looting system in WFS is like a slap in the face to the player. If you die you lose everything of value, but if you solo an army you get...socks?

Remember  your men take a cut of the loot. Get your looting skill up, it increases the quality of items you get as well as the quantity.

Azrooh said:
Remember  your men take a cut of the loot. Get your looting skill up, it increases the quality of items you get as well as the quantity.
ive soloed a 100 person army the game and literally, all i got was socks.

i wasnt kidding.

Psh how come I can get the Winged Hussar armor from looter loot drops (25 looters and one hussar mind you)?

QuailLover said:
Psh how come I can get the Winged Hussar armor from looter loot drops (25 looters and one hussar mind you)?

In 255 days in my current campaign, I've only gotten 2 items worth keeping (battered Moscow Rieter Helmet and a simple wheellock musket) granted I only have Looting level 2.

Kneed said:
QuailLover said:

In 255 days in my current campaign, I've only gotten 2 items worth keeping (battered Moscow Rieter Helmet and a simple wheellock musket) granted I only have Looting level 2.
i have 10 looting and the best thing ive ever gotten was a cracked pistol.

Knight of will said:
wannyboy said:
i already got nice balanced yatagan and steel shield from crimean deserters. Realy love those guys
You, sir, should read my last post.

And replace "your" with "wannyboy"

Knight of will said:
Kneed said:
QuailLover said:

i have 10 looting and the best thing ive ever gotten was a cracked pistol.

i don't see any "your"

I'd like to see some changes to the looting system, so that it's more likely to get some loot from the highest tier soldiers in large army battles. With a little luck, you can get good loot from very small groups of high tier deserters (I once got Crude Swedish Reiter Armor from a group of 10 deserters when my own army had something like 60-65 men in it), but that doesn't seem to ever happen vs large armies.

Beating a party of 4 Winged Hussar Deserters guarantees that any loot you do get comes from a Winged Hussar, but beating a Polish Army with 20 Winged Hussars and 80 Militia may leave you with nothing but militia gear; despite the fact that the army has 5x the number of Hussars as the deserters. The random selection needs to either be weighted more towards the high tier troops, or have an outright guarantee of at least 1 or 2 items from the most elite unit(s) (though that could still mean getting tattered boots or some such).

And is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to loot muskets/carbines/pistols after large battles? I seem to get several Handmade Firearms from various bandits in the early stages of the game, but almost never see any firearms from opposing armies. Thrusting Swords, and sometimes Sabers, don't seem terribly uncommon though.

It's funny how the looters and deserters are carrying around crappy cracked this or b*ggered that, which always seem to one shot me, but when I use them they couldn't chip paint.

Even with a boosted up 'loot' ability, the pickings are slim.

In winning a battle how does the loot drop work?

In my opinion it should just drop all the dead and wounded mens armour, weapons, supplies... And then its divided up by lots based on value...

So after a big battle... There should literally be hundreds of items as every solider killed or wounded would drop at least 4 or 5 items at least (boots, gloves, hat, armour, weapon x 4, horse)

I think it would be fair to get the items from enemy troops you personally kill, assuming the troops in your party would take the spoils from those that they killed.  Fighting and winning should be the main economic engine in the game.  One shouldn't have to spend half the game with trading/caravans if they don't want to. 

I typically kill 5-10 enemies per battle, I should have access to their gear (at a very minimum I should be able to keep what I loot on the battlefield during the battle).  My companions are still in robes with crap matchlocks as I cant afford the 15-20k per to get them quality equipment.  Selling loot with Trade 4 gets about 10 cents on the dollar, so if they change the drop system it wouldn't be a huge financial winfall.

I agree that you should get the loot from those you take out. I also dont get why EVERY time you die, they take all your weapons and you can never get them back.

This game seems to be built entirely on caravans

Knight of will said:
I agree that you should get the loot from those you take out. I also dont get why EVERY time you die, they take all your weapons and you can never get them back.

This game seems to be built entirely on caravans

Yeah, losing all weapons instead of being semi-random really does suck.  That's why I don't want to drop 50 grand on a nice pistol.  I'll use what's readily available.  Having a fat bank account also helps.

one thing that works against having your weaps taken is always running around unarmed and when you enter a battle just pick the stuff from your storage. This however doesn't work for sieges or caravan battles so it's best to always wield at least 1 low tier weapon for cases where you can't ascess your storage. Shields and bullets can be carried as much as you want, you dont lose them

Back
Top Bottom