Looks like we will get achievements in the near future

Users who are viewing this thread

Noschkov

Sergeant at Arms
achievements/Test_Achievement
The devs just uploaded this test branch to Steam and deleted it again 75 mins later. I think it would be nice to get some achievements in the game to give you something to work towards. It may even improve the lategame a bit when you don't just paint the map and instead you can try to get some hard lategame achievements.

Give me an example? What is the difference? What rewards are meaningful. Aren't all achievement same in the end?
A meaningful reward would be something I can use in-game, like some extra skill points or focus points, or a special piece of gear. Steam achievements are just cosmetic badges that exist outside of the game so they don't mean anything to me.

I also noticed them playing with achievements. I like achievements personally. They give you some targets to hit and can make the play more enjoyable, especially in grindy games. The meaning is relative to the person, typically. However, some games do offer in game rewards for achievements, so it is not out of the realm of possibility. There are things I would think should be a higher priority than this, but achievements are good.

Give me an example? What is the difference? What rewards are meaningful. Aren't all achievement same in the end?
A meaningful reward would be something I can use in-game, like some extra skill points or focus points, or a special piece of gear. Steam achievements are just cosmetic badges that exist outside of the game so they don't mean anything to me.
As Lord Irontoe has said there are completely different types of achievements. The game already has an achievement system in the arena, however the arena does not provide a unique piece of equipment.

With a proper achievement system you would get something unique when you won that arena for the first time. Each arena would hold a different piece of armour and by winning them all you would achieve the full set of armour.

Edit: This concept could then be incorporated into steam achievements as an achievement for collecting all particular parts of that armour. Assuming that each culture has it's own set of armour that is six achievements.

Last edited:
I can't think anyway to implement a reward for achievements in bannerlord tho. Because most of the time rewarded achievements are done in terms of cosmetics. Also it would feel weird to gain something out of nowhere. Im speaking in behalf of SP btw.

I can't think anyway to implement a reward for achievements in bannerlord tho. Because most of the time rewarded achievements are done in terms of cosmetics. Also it would feel weird to gain something out of nowhere. Im speaking in behalf of SP btw.

It is possible to gain proper achievement.

Gain 20 Troops
Gain 50 Troops
Gain 100 Troops
Gain a Mercenary
Take a City
Take a Castle
Destroy the [...]Empire

You can easily create hundreds of achievement for this game alone. But i do not think we can gain something better then cosmetics ingame. It would destroy the balance and the impact of the player way harder then now.

There are a myriad of ways in which it could be tied in an immersive way. It doesn't have to come from nowhere, and if it is an achievement, ultimately it doesn't come from nowhere, Take for example the main story content of the bannerlord. This being tied in mostly poorly at this point, being the bannerlord really doesn't mean anything. But imagine each achievement is a step forward to becoming the true bannerlord. Now it all makes sense. As you progress as the bannerlord you gain fame and recognition and whatever reward might come from such achievements.

Possibly it's just new badges. Don't really understand why they would be working on this when so much more needs doing but oh well.
Perhaps some of their teammembers have finished their work for the moment(for example parts of the art departement are some weeks ahead of other groups) and they can't work on other things ingame because the programmers have to get something alse done first. I think that drawing some icons for achievements is a work that you could do in some time between other jobs. Also not so unexpected that the person who created the pictures for the skill-tree needs some work now.^^

you succeed in ecstasing on badges, sorry but it's a little sad

Perhaps some of their teammembers have finished their work for the moment(for example parts of the art departement are some weeks ahead of other groups) and they can't work on other things ingame because the programmers have to get something alse done first. I think that drawing some icons for achievements is a work that you could do in some time between other jobs. Also not so unexpected that the person who created the pictures for the skill-tree needs some work now.^^

yeah yeah the game is over, it's perfect... :iamamoron:

Achievements are a waste of development time. I could care less and if it appeals to you, it ought to be a wake up call.

I don't care, don't mind.
If it would be some kind of progression marker, with rewards, then why not. This is well done in Titanfall 2, where achivements of doing something not usual (killing someone with "radar knife" that is supposed only to scout for you; doing that 10 times grants you new execution animation for soldier). I don't know how it would work in BL, but I think some extraordinary face/mustache/hair models would work, because implementing it in-campagin would make them overused, every gameplay would resolve around "how to get most achievements ASAP", and reaching endgame too fast, considering lack of late-game content atm, no possibility for this to work or help the game.

I agree, not interested in badges/achievements.
Those are just like (y) from a Game....a Game! I know there are people,who are playing, to get their virtual achievements :cautious: (WoW), but I´m defnitley not one of them...

Achievements even if just Steam would help break up the monotony of fights and sieges.

I could suggest a few

"you didn't ride fast enough" - kill X Kuzait horsemen (personally)
"the peasants are revolting" - kill X village militia (personally)
"plough that" - kill X villagers (travelling between villages - personally)
"multicultural" - have at least 1 of every faction's troop types in your personal party
"keeping it in the family" - take a town / castle with an army just including brothers parties
"so that ozymandias..." - reduce a faction to zero towns and castles
"bandit king" - make a personal party of just bandit types
"I don't trust the others" - have a personal army of only your faction's troops
"a king's ransom" - capture and imprison the king of another faction

I have more.

Back
Top Bottom