Looking for the official Lore of the franchise and Early versions of the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Adyaes

Recruit
Hello, I'm new here and I'm looking for the official ressources, or the generally accepted Lore about Mount and Blade and early Mount and Blade versions in particular, namely the story of the city of Zendar, its inhabitants like Constable Hareck, Xerina, etc? I only found the helpful yet succinct ressources of fandom. com , and would love to know more!

Additionnally, I'm looking for a way to obtain the earlier versions of Mount and Blade and get them running on Windows 10? I would gladly pay if taleworlds still has them on sale somewhere!
Thank you

Warband was not altered much in terms of the "story" from the original MB other than multiplayer and adding sarranids.The story was only really added to, with not much in the way of anything you would have missed from the MB. I dont recall any backstory about Zendar and would love to hear from anyone about so much. One thing from MB that was de-glazed from WB was that there were parties of "black knights" that were the toughest units and would roam around caldaria. There is some lore added to Caldaria that you can read in the "custom battle" menu when selecting the different hero's but that was introduced from Warband it is unknown to me if those legends were in the developer's mind's eye pre-Warband.

Warband was not altered much in terms of the "story" from the original MB other than multiplayer and adding sarranids.The story was only really added to, with not much in the way of anything you would have missed from the MB. I dont recall any backstory about Zendar and would love to hear from anyone about so much. One thing from MB that was de-glazed from WB was that there were parties of "black knights" that were the toughest units and would roam around caldaria. There is some lore added to Caldaria that you can read in the "custom battle" menu when selecting the different hero's but that was introduced from Warband it is unknown to me if those legends were in the developer's mind's eye pre-Warband.

There actually was a more story-driven version of the game when it was still called "Warrider" and some later versions, and some heroic-fantasy elements. Here's a link to the fandom wiki of Warrider : https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Warrider

I wonder how close the Light and Darkness mod for Warband is to this old Lore

Adyaes, a true scholar. Thank you.

From one master scholar to another i'll let you in on this one invaluable secret: I typed "Zendar" on google and the second result was the website mentioned above! Hopefully it will be useful to you too

Back
Top Bottom