Looking for Nations Cup admins/supervizors and recorders.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's possible for the server to check if the clients altered the files. At least it seems like it, from the way cRPG knows when you have an outdated version.  :?:

I'd say turn off free camera. "Patriotism" can be too big pressure to remain fair for some ghosts. Recording from team's players perspective would be enough imho.

SCGavin said:
What would be the point of ghosting anyway?
If you have eight players per team, they'll probably stick together, so once you have seen one enemy you know where the others are likely to be. Also the view on most maps isn't so restrictive that a player couldn't see for himself where an enemy is currently at. Furthermore if one of the players is dead, it's quite likely that the others see where he was killed from or are already engaging in a fight. If some ghost then yells "behind" that's more disruptive then helpful, seeing that a experienced player with eyes in his head and sound ears will have realized that by himself. If however the killed person was split from the main force and can now let the team know where the enemy is, that probably wont help them all that much as they are at least one player less due to splitting and probably don't know about the use of staying at least somewhat together in 8 vs 8 matches.
I don't really think that ghosting would be that much of a problem in this case. Also most players would probably refrain from ghosting due to honour or other reasons.
You should let the teams decide if they want to stick together or not, not suppose that they will...

As a team leader, I think there should be VOIP after death. And of course, I am 230% against ghosting. As a commander, I have practiced specific tactics for specific maps, as well as set ups. The team relies on me to get important strategy input. That's why I am the commander, I'm not just a contact person.

I think if you weigh the two factors: free roam videos vs. commander's ability to command after death, the more important one for the contest is the latter. We are doing this nation's cup for the competition and ourselves first, for cool videos second.

I think videos from third person (team perspective) are good enough, you don't need artistic shots from flying cameras. Sure, it would look cool, but if it means it can only be done at the explicit expense of the gameplay quality of some teams, then cool videos need to take a backseat.

I think (hope) most commanders agree.

GNGC_Spook said:
I am 230% against ghosting

But your name says spook  :mrgreen:

But according to the importance of command and the messiness of that VoIP policing I have locked the cameras to team only, you can go now to our Nations Cup servers and see for yourself.

Have fun out there!

GNGC_Spook said:
[...] The team relies on me to get important strategy input. That's why I am the commander, I'm not just a contact person. [...]
Shouldn't you then try your best not to die? Perhaps stay a bit behind the others until the fighting intensifies and your blade is needed?

I obviously have no say here, seeing as I'm not participating, but it just strikes me as natural to stop talking when you're dead, regardless of your position in the team. Isn't that a part of what makes these organised battles special? Killing certain key players, such as the commander, of the other team can dishearten the enemy and completely turn the match around. I don't know about others, but I'd probably be like "Meh" if I knew that he could just continue giving orders over TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, even though I just ran a spear through his chest.

RalliX said:
I am afraid of the Portuguese and Brazilians using ghosting to their advantage.  :lol:

Since we (Portuguese) were the first ones to point out which are the disavantages of letting the free cam... makes sense, we're such smart asses!

Giving up on the idea of having match supervisors, I don't think thats good. I'd feel much more confortable playing matches that would have someone being the nation cup admin watching it then having none.

I would remind to every team to ask for referee. Also remember that it is always good to get one just for the sake of recording a match  :razz:.

If I'm not too wrong we also seriously need more refs.  :???:

Zoltanus said:
I would remind to every team to ask for referee. Also remember that it is always good to get one just for the sake of recording a match  :razz:.

If I'm not too wrong we also seriously need more refs.  :???:

I agree on that one. I would be a referee but I can't because I'm in a team. After "you know what" quarrel, I really wish EVERY MATCH to have a ref.

Arcas Nebun said:
I agree on that one. I would be a referee but I can't because I'm in a team. After "you know what" quarrel, I really wish EVERY MATCH to have a ref.

All the referees are from some nation cup team and 2 of them are captains. :razz:

I'm available quite a lot and Guz seems to be too (he answered me almost immediatly). It is actually quite certain that someone of the 4 referees can come if they all are noted from a match.

I know I'm not particularly known on the forum, but seeing as I missed out on being on a team I would like to help. I'd definitely record and I'd ref if allowed. Or is it too late to apply for those positions?

Back
Top Bottom