Looking for a new server idea | Warband Hunger Games

Would you like to revive Warband Hunger Games?

• I do.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • I don't.

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings, dear users and players. So, as at the moment I'm not holding any active server, I'd like to fix it. I'd like to do something new, or simply revive some of the old projects. At the moment, I'm thinking about reviving my old project "Warband Hunger Games," but I'd also like to hear your thoughts about it. Maybe someone will have a better idea?

Lil Riccii said:
Battle Royale Module - Hunger Games has been revived multiple times before. There is always initial enthusiasm that inevitably dies out.

I was thinking about warband battle royale a lot, and yes, probably I will do it.

Mainly its the time between games that make people not want to play Hunger games, once people die they have to wait up to 10-20 min before they can play again. Smaller maps and once you die you get put into a different map would kinda solve that, still not a perfect system though. Would probably need a decent amount of modding.

I think  hungergames server die because of the admins. I was banned for teaming when I saw that the opponent in front of me had a better gear and ran.

Lil Riccii said:
Teaming shouldn't be considered problematic... believe OGL's point is outdated, they fixed the hunger bug a long time ago

Of course it's problematic, it's a small scene and one server, if people are just going to go on TS and work together until they're the last alive nobody is going to join and play solo. It's not an equal battle royale if there's always going to be large groups of pre-organised teams and it's not like it's an interesting, spontaneous alliance of people choosing to work together to survive. It's just friends all joining at the same time. Completely goes against the idea of a battle royale.

The hunger thing was not a bug either, but the thing that encouraged people to fight (win before you die of hunger). It was the version of the moving circle in Arma/Pubg BR games, but not as effective. I believe they changed it to you having a minimum health instead of dying? Can't remember. Either way it wasn't very fun.

Teaming should not be allowed imo and the hunger system was a good idea but very poorly implemented.

Fietta said:
If you're a good player in warband you normally win as a solo anyways, I never had problems with groups, just means I get more loot.
2v1 is simple but when you win 2 times in a row all the serv start teaming against you. I was in a 1v15 once :sad:

I always wanted to make a mode like in "Heroes&Generals", where you need to capture the points by turns, moving farther and trying to get the main enemy point, but in the Warband's mode "Conquest" it is impossible to make, because the spawns are randomized for both teams. They are not devided for teams like in "Team Deatchmatch".
I made some big maps specially for it, but in vain. And they all has been removed (lost), but I am ready to make them again, if this mode will works.

Nexoner said:
I always wanted to make a mode like in "Heroes&Generals", where you need to capture the points by turns, moving farther and trying to get the main enemy point, but in the Warband's mode "Conquest" it is impossible to make, because the spawns are randomized for both teams. They are not devided for teams like in "Team Deatchmatch".
I made some big maps specially for it, but in vain. And they all has been removed (lost), but I am ready to make them again, if this mode will works.
In NeoGK there is a system with multiple flags, you have to conquer the first after that you can get the second, i dont know if you can add more flags than 2 but if you really want to do this and try this you should contact KingArthur whos in charge of this mod

As someone who played waaaaaay too much of Hunger Games when it was live, teaming really wasn't that big of an issue. You've just got to accept it will happen. Large groups teaming was a bit of an anomaly max you'd see 4 players, the only difficulty for me came from when a couple of good players were teaming. But that was rare........or I'd just get a friend too xD.

The point about the maps taking too long is the biggest thing that needs to be addressed. It was frustrating watching two people just run around the complete opposite ends of the map. Either smaller maps need to be made, or maybe the CCC_Last Man Standing mechanic of teleporting the final players to an arena should be implemented (or something similar).

Back
Top Bottom