MP Sci-Fi Looking for a Dev Team, Persistent Star Wars Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello dear Taleworlds Community :wink:

Me and a Friend have recently had the idea about a Persistent World mod with Star Wars as a theme, this idea has been posted before here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=264929.0

I sadly have no skills in Mod development, but would love to see this happen. Some of you might say "Go learn it yourself", here I will have to answer I had lessons with programming and editing stuff in games before but it's just not my thing.

So far my friend has taken armor and weapons from Bear Force 2 and tried to Combine it with Persistent Frontier, allthough he does not know how to add the siege System and create classes.

I have no real idea about how difficult it is to edit These Features and add some stuff, but in my opinion to begin testing and to start planing the gameplay only These few things are required, correct me if it is not just a "few" but a lot of hard work:

1. A test map with a small City (Tatooine, Mos Eisley)
2. Some classes with different Stats (Commoner, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Jedi)
3. Some tables with weapons and classes to Train
4. Some armor to be equipped

I suppose for a good mapper a small map with some sand and houses is a Job of maybe a few hours, let's say a day or two in the worst case.
The classes can be edited by someone who knows how, here I am looking at the persistent Frontier Devs who seem to be Helpful already :smile:
Spawning These tables and adding the weapons from bear force and that combat System might be harder, allthough I'm sure if someone knows what he is doing it is no big deal either, maybe a few hours per Weekend if it is tricky.
Adding some Armor into the game seems to be the easiest part.

Now I would appreciate to hear what you all think and correct me if I underestimate the work to be done.

I believe this mod would be very successful because if you look at the hype PF had at the start, 200 People on a Server... I'm sure These numbers can be reached by any well developed mod just like PF is. Also the Star Wars theme is pretty popular among many of you I bet, also if it becomes realy big it might make more People buy warband just to Play in a Star Wars world with others (Like Star Wars Galaxies maybe). The theme also allows for a huge variety of Content and Events, so I believe this might thrill many of you and I'm sure some of you creative people are already dreaming of Jedi duels, huge battles and different kinds of Roleplay and Clans and game mechanics. :wink:

My final Question is to all of you who want to be part of a new big Mod and who know how to work with mods,

Are you interested in starting this Kind of Project?

Some Kind answers and a few good Points and discussions would be appreciated,

Signed,

Cake

*edit: Add me on Steam if you want to contribute http://steamcommunity.com/id/cakewizard

I think this mod is needed, and I wish you good luck, I have a hard enough time finding play testers, let alone coders to help

Well, I'm not really a fan of Star Wars nor do I actually like it, but sometimes I do watch the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes with my younger brother. I really like it.

Anyways, as you can see by my name on these forums, you can guess what I like the most :wink:

If you need help with this project, I'm not a modeler myself, but you can always contact Yldrania on modDB if you are interested in having a real dev. team to help you out make this mod.

In my opinion, what this community really needs is a Lord of the Rings Persistent mod, and this one, based on Star Wars, since I am developing Persistent Middle-Earth, I offer you my help in coding and that sort of stuff.

Best regards and I hope that together we can make this project a reality :wink:

Well that sounds realy good :smile: I left her a message on IndieDB.  I guess I will make a Steam Group for all the People who want to make this real soon. Add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/cakewizard

Although I am busy with European Blood, feel free to ask me questions. My profile is linked to my Steam for fast responses, or feel free to PM me any questions.

Thanks for so much support already :smile: I made a group on steam for everyone who wants to take part in developing this mod. We will need people who understand the code of Bear Force 2 and Persistent World and Frontier and can combine the two. We will also need someone to create a good Map for testing and probably a server host.

TheCakeWizard said:
So far my friend has taken armor and weapons from Bear Force 2 and tried to Combine it with Persistent Frontier, allthough he does not know how to add the siege System and create classes.

The only Open Source BRF is highlander_models. All the other ones' rights to use belong to their respective owners. Therefore, you'll need to ask them permission to use their stuff if you want to import some content they made into your mod. Best of luck though!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=257974.0  May I ask you politely to use the resources your mod provides to create a persistent Star Wars world for warband? I hope you will allow this latest when the mod is in a stage where things can be released :smile:

I just hope that you will have the will to develop this mod to the very end TheCakeWizard, because if you lose the motivation to make this project, if you aren't interested in learning, but having people make everything for your mod, then you won't succeed.
If you promise me you actually have an intention of releasing this mod and making it a reality, and that you will actually learn from any talented developers that will help you in any way they can, then I promise you that I will support you and this mod until it is released :wink:

Best regards, Heroes_Witch_King

TheCakeWizard said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=257974.0  May I ask you politely to use the resources your mod provides to create a persistent Star Wars world for warband? I hope you will allow this latest when the mod is in a stage where things can be released :smile:

this looks like a bad sign, you are supposed to contact them, not have them contact you, do it via PM not in a thread

Well first of all I thought DanyEle is one of the Devs of Bear Force 2 or not? Of course I will contact them personally, I just did that here because I think he is a Dev.

Then, yes sure if you manage to teach me some things I will gladly help, allthough I must say coding has never been my thing, I would need help to understand what has to be changed or will help you if I can. I just think if someone out there who is realy good at this reads this and thinks it's a good idea it will be a great way to start.

DanyEle said:
The only Open Source BRF is highlander_models. All the other ones' rights to use belong to their respective owners. Therefore, you'll need to ask them permission to use their stuff if you want to import some content they made into your mod. Best of luck though!

This means to look through the credits list, find the creators of the stuff you want, and individually ask them for permission to use their resources.

I see. So far my friend is only playing around with stuff, I suppose it will be alright to carry on doing so and then once one decides on certain resources one can inquire about the rights to release them in a nother mod.

The topic is about looking for a Dev team, so who ever is interested in helping with this mod, please sign up :smile:

Back
Top Bottom