longbow help

Users who are viewing this thread

haha i got called crazy by some gucci target archer once, because i dont wear a tab or glove on my bow hand, only bit of gear on me is bracer. and apparently thats make you mental when the fletchings go over you hand causing your hand to go red and develope callouses?

i just like the minimal feel to bare bow shooting, me (some clothes, but not by choice) a quiver, bracer and small knife and im set to go.

mr dark emperor, where you based, im sure youll have club somewhere near you. im in **** part of england an i have half a dozen around me.

haha im based around probably the crapiest part of ohio. theres only one around me and it sounds crappy and has extremely high fees. oh and Devercia that sounds extremely painful haha and Ule thats exactly how i feel about shooting.

well plenty of land to shoot in round there anyway haha!

how expensive is expenisve? you could fork out for a few sessions, just to get a taste, my old club (stopped goin due to lack of transport so dont pay membership, yet still shoot in thier woods haha!) only charged 2 quid for a non member for the few first few sessions, 1 quid for a session in woods.

and a few sessions you may get a few good tips which will help, better than interweb advice anyway, not that were complaining about giving you tips.

bloodyhell!? thats like 60 quid! that for year?

and i hope  they have solid gold toilets you can piss in for that price, haha

mine was £20 with 1 session a week, but an extra £25 if i wanted to join the national field archery association NFAA, or summat. never did that weren't paying that much to be able to attend the odd shoot where id still have to pay for the session.

and with 5 sessions a week! that sounds like great club! youd get a decent ammount of experiance just in a few weeks

yeah i dont remember how long it was for or how many times a weak. either way i dont want to/cant  spend that much on it so i guess ille just stick with practice and the odd tip from someone i talk to haha

darkemperor said:
yeah i dont remember how long it was for or how many times a weak. either way i dont want to/cant  spend that much on it so i guess ille just stick with practice and the odd tip from someone i talk to haha

It's not really what you are looking for, but Ohio is chock full of Dagorhir(a type of foam fighting) groups. Bow limits are 35 lbs, and the arrows move kinda funny with big ole foam tips on 'em but you get to shoot at moving targets, and it's pretty cheap to play.

If you PMed me the name of a nearby town I could help you out, a good friend of mine is an emigre from the Akron area, and I could ask him. Though off the top of my head places nearish to you would be Akron, Cambridge, and Pittsburgh.

huh well ille be damed i knew people talked about people playing it in the park but i didnt think it was an actual group just random friends haha

Back
Top Bottom