• I do longboard (14-17)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I do longboard (18+)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dudro

Knight at Arms
I make this thread solely out of curiosity.  I noticed today that I was the only one in the grade 7-8 classes at my school, maybe the entire school that longboarded, and I just started a week ago, and only got my own board today.  So, do you longboard?  And you may as well throw in an age too.
I've been 14 since April 11th, and the only 14 year old I know who longboards.

I waterboard, is this at all similar? I'm always looking for new interrogation techniques.

explain to me again, since I've probably heard it at some point, how longboarding is different from skateboarding?

Longboarding is mostly from getting from place to place...it's a lot harder if not impossible to trick on a longboard...skateboards are more for tricking so...
Longboard = transportation
Skateboard = tricks

I have a longboard and its pretty awesome.
The fact that it almost impossible to fall of it regardless of a bad pavement or hill is most convenient.

A word of advice, if you get a longboard, get a good looking one with a nice design and customize as much as you can.

Longboarding is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.
Most people these days use it to get around something like a college campus or some short distance where you can weave in and out of people.

Omzdog said:
Most people these days use it to get around something like a college campus or some short distance where you can weave in and out of people.
Good point.

I take my prior post back.

Omzdog said:

Get around college? The **** is that?

Longboarding in Norway

I just started longboarding, like I said, but there's something I haven't tried yet that looks like fun, and I see a lot of other longboarders do.  They "Bomb hills", which is going down a hill, usually steep, at really high speeds.

sneakey pete said:
And i thought this was about surfing...

Longboarding is just a skateboard with pronounced features, most notably, the larger ratio of length to width and the very large rubber wheels and metal axle.
The best part of a longboard is its handling. Its almost impossible to fall off and the large wheels give you a smooth ride.
You'd expect turning to be bad, but the axle is quite flexible so when you apply pressure to one side the board will adjust without lifting the wheels on the other side.

Longboard_DEX.jpg

Well!  I expected a few less to not longboard, because I know a lot a of people who longboard in highschool.

I'd honestly love to learn how to Skateboard or longboard.
But since my Skateboard is little black and has a hotwheels logo on it..
I think I'll wait till I can buy a new one.

Y'should get a longboard.  Mine was 200$, and it's a really nice one.  It was a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom