Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Deochild46

Recruit
Summary: To put it simply, from the launcher, the game takes roughly 8 minutes to get to the main menu and 10 minutes to bring up the "Saved Games" menu. In addition, every time I create a new save file ("save as") the game takes, on average, 7 minutes to bring up the "Save as" menu. With well over 500 hours in game, I have saved over 2000 unique saves, each requiring 7 minutes on average to save. This means, all variables considered, I have spent over 200 hours "waiting" for this game to load. I have been hoping for an update to fix this problem, but no fix has come, and it has become rather insufferable. Is there any fix to this problem?

I have attempted verifying the integrity of the files as well as moving the game from one drive to the next. The game is installed on a PCIe SSD with a sequential speed of over 600mb/s.

How to Reproduce: Launch the game or save in the game
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version: 516.59
CPU: i7-7700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 c16 4x8gb (32gb)
Motherboard: MSI z270 SLI Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): PCIe SSD via an M.2 to PCIe adapter

I solved the problem, and it turns out it was a rather ironic solution. I identified above that my saves were quite frequent, totaling well over 2000. This is a pattern I have in many strategy role playing games, especially those in early access. This pattern has never been the source of performance issues. However, I theorized that the sheer quantity of saves that the game was trying to deal with and have readily available to me was actually causing the performance issue - although, it seemed unreasonable because in my limited knowledge of game development, I don't see how the two are related. Still, I deleted almost 1900 save files, keeping the most recent few files from each of my previous playthroughs. That fixed the long loading times instantly.

So! In short, do not create too many unique saves because it will give you performance issues.

Hey, i am glad you were able to fix the problem. I will forward the info you have gathered to the QA team for further inspection. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom