LoL-League Of Legends

Users who are viewing this thread

Singed and Jax are my favourite, but I'll settle for freelo Maokai right now. In a world full of double AP comps, Maokai is permapicked for me.

I'm glad he's around. I'm glad I can actually play a bruiser in a metagame dominated by range and APs, like Grag, Nid, Lulu, Ryze, and Liss top.

Everything I used to play top got nerfed to the ****ing ground ages ago, now I just don't play it at all. Maybe Jarvan once in a while.

Amagic said:
Everything I used to play top got nerfed to the ****ing ground ages ago, now I just don't play it at all. Maybe Jarvan once in a while.
Very few bruisers can go top  anymore  :cry:

The likes of Shen, Darius, Nasus, Singed, Jarvan, Trundle, Shyv, and even Jax all struggle very hard against the lulu, ryze, and nidalee of this world.

The only bruisers who can go top anymore have the combination of very high sustain, and the ability to engage and burst. So, basically, Irelia, Gragas, Maokai, and Renekton. Even then, unless you're playing AP Grag as double AP comp, you have to go very tanky to even play a role for your team.

Tanks are even worse. The likes of Malphite and Zac (tank or bruiser Zac) are pushed out entirely, with only the insane sustain of Mundo keeping him viable. Not in lane, because he can only farm as he get pushed and his turret get poked, but for his tankiness designed especially to counter burst APs so popular nowadays.

Glitterlance should keep him from getting in jumping range, 925 range vs. 700 range.

Mage246 said:
Glitterlance should keep him from getting in jumping range, 925 range vs. 700 range.

Glitterlance is pretty easy to dodge however unless you've been tagged by her E, also you can just use the top lane brushes to leap from when she goes for farm.

We must be talking about a different glitter lance, because the one I know is quite difficult I dodge well when fired in a way designed to maximize the amount of space covered. Plus Hax basically has to run right at you to get in jumping range, which makes him easier to hit.

Mage246 said:
We must be talking about a different glitter lance, because the one I know is quite difficult I dodge well when fired in a way designed to maximize the amount of space covered. Plus Hax basically has to run right at you to get in jumping range, which makes him easier to hit.

Well any skillshot fired well is difficult to dodge, but a simple Q from the average Lulu is easy to sidestep even while moving towards them unless they E the minion wave and Q off that so you have two glitter lances to dodge (maximizing the space covered) thats where it gets difficult, most Lulu's don't do that and just focus on shielding themselves or E'ing their lane opponent for the guaranteed point and click damage.

Also like I said earlier you can just use the top lane brushes to Q from whenever she goes to farm the minion wave, which shes likely pushing in anyway since shes Lulu.

Peton said:
Also like I said earlier you can just use the top lane brushes to Q from whenever she goes to farm the minion wave, which shes likely pushing in anyway since shes Lulu.

That's why season 4 gave us trinket wards...

ColonicAcid said:
Nidalee beats everyone so no luck there.
AD Nidalee does have a strong laning phase indeed, but once Irelia gets Triforce (assuming she didn't get killed earlier and played passively) she can just jump on her and 100-0 her.
Irelia's power spike comes at lvl 9 I believe so until then Nidalee can somewhat win the lane.

Peton said:
Mage246 said:

Well any skillshot fired well is difficult to dodge, but a simple Q from the average Lulu is easy to sidestep even while moving towards them unless they E the minion wave and Q off that so you have two glitter lances to dodge (maximizing the space covered) thats where it gets difficult, most Lulu's don't do that and just focus on shielding themselves or E'ing their lane opponent for the guaranteed point and click damage.

What Amagic said about trinkets, plus you do realize that you just admitted that a good Lulu automatically ****s down Jax, right? If a well-fired skill shot is difficult to dodge, and if that skill shot keeps Jax from doing damage (plus she still has Whimsy, anyway), then in a fight between two good players, the Lulu player has a huge advantage.

Assuming the Lulu can't aim for **** makes no sense. It's not one of the more difficult skill shots.

Amagic said:
Peton said:

That's why season 4 gave us trinket wards...

Which everyone uses in tri/river to see if they're being ganked because using them in lane is no where near as valuable when you could spot an incoming gank with it.

They gave us trinket wards in season 4 anyway because of the fact people hardly warded besides the support and LCS teams, not because of antics you can do with lane brushes in terms of trading, if that was the case they wouldn't have added a third brush to the top lane to help with the ranged vs melee match-ups, like this one. :???:

Mage246 said:
Peton said:
Mage246 said:

What Amagic said about trinkets, plus you do realize that you just admitted that a good Lulu automatically ****s down Jax, right? If a well-fired skill shot is difficult to dodge, and if that skill shot keeps Jax from doing damage (plus she still has Whimsy, anyway), then in a fight between two good players, the Lulu player has a huge advantage.

Assuming the Lulu can't aim for **** makes no sense. It's not one of the more difficult skill shots.

At no point did I admit anything other than a well aimed skillshot is difficult to dodge. Also I only mentioned the average Lulu player and how they use their skills, I never said 'assuming the Lulu player can't aim for ****' because like you said, that would make no sense since if that was the case you could just run up and auto them since they'd miss all their skillshots and probably flash the wrong direction too. :razz:

I'm not arguing that Jax beats Lulu anyway, I just said that glitterlance isn't really that hard to dodge if you're a Jax going to smack her in the face with your Q despite the range difference you pointed out.

Wait what? Who the hell uses the trinket wards to ward river? That's what regular wards are for, because they don't go poof after 60 seconds. Trinket wards are for when you need quick vision in a bush somewhere. Not everyone is bronze, you know.

@Peton:

Let me quote back at you part of what you just said-

A. "A well-aimed skillshot is difficult to dodge"

And

B. "(1) I never said (2)'assuming the Lulu player can't aim for ****'"

And

C. "glitterlance really isn't that hard to dodge."

If A is true, then C can only be true if B(2) is true. Ergo, C implies that you meant B(2). That's just logic.

Amagic said:
Wait what? Who the hell uses the trinket wards to ward river? That's what regular wards are for, because they don't go poof after 60 seconds. Trinket wards are for when you need quick vision in a bush somewhere. Not everyone is bronze, you know.

The majority of players don't invest in actual wards 'you know' hence the creation of warding trinkets in the first place by Riot. You're obviously someone that buys actual wards, which is great don't get me wrong they're by far better then trinket wards in every way but the majority of people don't actually invest in vision besides supports and their sightstone and the odd pink ward from someone, this happens plenty in my elo right now which is Gold 3, which apparently is like Bronze, damn. :razz:

Mage246 said:
@Peton:

Let me quote back at you part of what you just said-

A. "A well-aimed skillshot is difficult to dodge"

And

B. "(1) I never said (2)'assuming the Lulu player can't aim for ****'"

And

C. "glitterlance really isn't that hard to dodge.

If A is true, then C can only be true if B(2) is true. That's just logic.

Yeah I agree with you there that is plain logic, if someone uses a skillshot like glitterlance well it'll be more difficult to dodge, I'd class a good glitterlance for instance being one thats used after Lulu's E, so that there's 2 projectiles rather than one that would  need to be dodged, which is obviously a lot harder. A simple Q on its own however I would say is a lot easier to dodge, however I suppose that could be aimed well also but there's a difference between dodging a single well aimed ability and two at the same time if you understand, then again I may just be focusing a bit too much on skill usage rather then just general aim in this scenario.

I can safely say that the vast majority of the Diamond top I play against on a regular basis all buy wards. In fact, if you're winning, pink wards help you win harder. Trinket wards are used for preventing ganks only before your first back.

Lulu is universally hated because she's a lane bully, hard to gank, and is great in teamfight. Darius is a bully but he's not hard to gank. Teemo and Nidalee are lane bullies but they're not great in teamfight.

The last champion to have all three was Renekton, then melee got brushed aside by range, and even he's having a hard time now.

Not at all is she op. lacks any sort of ad burst/spells. All she has is a spell that makes her tankier and take damage easier, which is not what youre trying to go for with 650 range.

Back
Top Bottom