login server is down

Users who are viewing this thread

the most notable content that the MP community has been producing is cheap inter-clan drama and racist memes.

Seriously you said that? Warband MP was full of events whit a lot of peoples for years. This was the true reason why Warband was played for almost 8 years. Events on Native, NW and a plenty of mods that were absolutely enjoyables. Also the public servers were very funny and peoples played them for years too.
Is current MP bad? Yes.
But with the release of the game from EA the game (specially the MP) will be modded so much, probably the MP will be better and surely more played than now, not for vanilla (that actually sucks to many) but for the plenty of mods for it, and will back to be an important and popular feature of the game.
Inter-clan dramas are in every games multiplayer's based communities it is absolutely not an exclusive of M&B one, sadly. Racist memes are everywhere on internet and in games chats, if you think that M&B is full of racists jokes and memes you probably don't know the old chat of Wargame: Red Dragon. :lol:

Joined to say Boooo!
I hope it’s a decent update to servers, but not holding my breath.

I can’t meme with no game to play.

And the effect this had on the overall game population is non-existent: https://steamcharts.com/app/261550#1m

Both sides just need to admit that the multiplayer crowd is irrelevant.
And thus the fire of the singleplayer vs multiplayer war is fueled. Well done now we can argue more about which side is more important which will totally be usefull.

But what's cause and what's effect? I, for one, am not sure now, because calling someone you don't agree with a dimwit just screams entitlement to me. Not to mention that the most notable content that the MP community has been producing is cheap inter-clan drama and racist memes.
But calling the multiplayer community irrelevant thats not entitled? Or expecting the multiplayer part of the game to dissapear so they can work more on singleplayer?

We just want to play the game man.

But calling the multiplayer community irrelevant thats not entitled? Or expecting the multiplayer part of the game to dissapear so they can work more on singleplayer?

We just want to play the game man.
It would be a good idea to keep in mind what made Mount&Blade what it is today, which is the fun of leading armies, fighting wars, and making money. It took many years to make the core game, and MP wasn't added until many more years later.

Perhaps, after they finish SP Bannerlord, they'll be able to focus on the MP part.
Maybe, they'll release a whole expansion for that, named "Mount&Blade II: Bannerband" or something. Until then, the development needn't be dragged down with vestigial elements that don't conform to any quality standards, cause unnecessary toxicity, and have marginal significance at the moment.

That's a terrible rationale for any company to take regarding the quality of their product. If they're going to ship it with multiplayer, then the feature must ship at an acceptable level of quality. Those who only play the game for SP would be just as upset if core features were incomplete, bugged, or starkly imbalanced. If SP shipped with sieges still broken but MP fully functioning, then SP players would be justifiably upset that the aspect of the game they are most interested in is lacking in critical, game-breaking ways.

The saying goes "anything worth doing is worth doing right." Half-assing it to check a box is bad practice and bad optics.

Perhaps, after they finish SP Bannerlord, they'll be able to focus on the MP part.
Maybe, they'll release a whole expansion for that, named "Mount&Blade II: Bannerband" or something. Until then, the development needn't be dragged down with vestigial elements that don't conform to any quality standards, cause unnecessary toxicity, and have marginal significance at the moment.
You're so entitled and delusional it's not even worth explaining it to you because of how deep down in it you are.

You're so entitled and delusional it's not even worth explaining it to you because of how deep down in it you are.
Says someone who's been complaining on these forums non-stop for two years now, which, by itself, takes copious amounts of copium.

It's okay to cut your losses and move on, man. We have Mordhau and Chivalry II, and they're pretty fun.

It would be a good idea to keep in mind what made Mount&Blade what it is today, which is the fun of leading armies, fighting wars, and making money. It took many years to make the core game, and MP wasn't added until many more years later.

What made Mount & Blade fun for you, isnt what made it fun for me, or most people on this section of the forum. To me what made Mount & Blade amazing was the incredible fighting system and the skill it took to play it. I dont care about trade caravans, or clicking f1 f3. One of the first things I said when I played the original was GOD I hope this game gets a multiplayer, and I dont mean a coop. A while later, I got exactly that, and I've spent a crapload of hours playing it, making friends with people that after over 12 years I still talk to on a daily basis.

After they finish what you want, they can throw some scraps to us multiplayer is what you're saying. I dont think you realise just how little multiplayer have gotten in the last several years, and how little resources is dedicated to it. Yet everyone who plays multiplayer know that the focus should be on singleplayer, the singleplayer community doesnt care about multiplayer at all, and wants it to die so they can get updates 3 hours earlier than they do now.

The core game of BL might be SP. But, that is not what makes a game last for years. Sp was also the core game in Half life, but look at what that turned into. After CS was made that old game suddenly sold 10x what it did when it was new. While millions play cs, not 1 plays the sp "core" aspect of that game anymore.

SP is to get players interested in the game. While MP will be the money maker in the long run.

BL MP got so much potential, and that is the only reason I play it. But, to be honest, it is the worst gaming experience I have ever had because of the development failing 100% with every single patch.

Back
Top Bottom