LODs

Users who are viewing this thread

faradon

Count
I often heard that WB makes env-prop-LODs possible. I guess those could really help with the low fps and stuff

The problem with LODs is, nobody wants to make them.

Oh and automated LOD making is just plain crappy, but even if that was used, it's still very tedious to do. (Basically like factory work. Import, lower the detail, tweak if needed, export, repeat. Nobody wants to voluntarily do this. :razz:)

Highelf said:
The problem with LODs is, nobody wants to make them.

Oh and automated LOD making is just plain crappy, but even if that was used, it's still very tedious to do. (Basically like factory work. Import, lower the detail, tweak if needed, export, repeat. Nobody wants to voluntarily do this. :razz:)
I can make them with 3ds Max. I always make lods for all my 3d models, they aren't very nice, but still better than nothing.

Highelf said:
I don't know where you get the will to want to do that, but if you do, it'd be really cool. :smile:
I just need to know the names of the meshes which are being used in PWMod to makes their LODs. And of course, I will not make them in one day, I need more time.  .. Or at least, I can try.  :wink:

Alas, if I had any idea about modding and doing LODs I would help, but, there seems to be alot of guys who know how to do LODs, if all of them did a bit we would have the buildings done  :grin:.

I'll email you burgers.

Back
Top Bottom