Locking custom group formations

Users who are viewing this thread

Crowcorrector

Sergeant at Arms
From gameplay vids we've seen that it is possible to split your units into different groupings.  (Eg.  Splitting your cavalry into cav group 1 and cav group 2)

Has anyone spotted ths option to lock several  of these groupings into formations from the vertical menu/ options bar on the left of the screen during gameplay vids (similar to locking formations in total war) ?

An example of what I'm describing is:
splitting your cavalry into cav 1 and cav 2.
  Placing the infantry infront of your archers.
  Placing the cav groups on either side of the archers. 
Locking the seperate infantry, archers, cav 1 and cav 2 groups into this formation.  Ordering all your units to 'move to position' and having them advance in this formation (instead of the cav, inf and archers advancing side by side in a horizontal line as seen in the final battles of the 2 pc gamer 2016 vids).

Well, you kinda can do that in Warband if you press backspace and open the tactical map. There you can choose the position of every division in your army and order them to advance. This way they advance together, in a locked formation.

Now I'm curious to see how the tactical map will work in Bannerlord (if we're going to have a tactical map)

Horik6697 said:
Well, you kinda can do that in Warband if you press backspace and open the tactical map. There you can choose the position of every division in your army and order them to advance. This way they advance together, in a locked formation.

Now I'm curious to see how the tactical map will work in Bannerlord (if we're going to have a tactical map)

Is this in native warband?  I know of mods doing such a thing but wasn't aware of it in native  :shock:

NPC99 said:
Kehlian said:
Yeah but you can't split your cavalry in warband, as in his example.
Warband has 9 groups. You can already allocate half your cavalry to an unassigned group for different orders/positioning.
to do that you must have cav units from different faction in native. pls tell me that I am wrong and explain how to that. I always want to allocate my infantry, archer and cav into different groups.

NPC99 said:
Kehlian said:
Warband has 9 groups. You can already allocate half your cavalry to an unassigned group for different orders/positioning.

You can't split your swadian cav into 2 swadian cavs, that's the issue

If the feature was in warband then I'm sure it will be in bannerlord.  Plus we already know that you can split the same troops into different groouos in Bannerlord so all should be well.

Kehlian said:
NPC99 said:
Kehlian said:

The additional processing required to split individual unit stacks across multiple groups is incompatible with delivering larger battles. I know which I would rather have. Choosing to limit your cavalry to Swadian Knights (or their BL equivalent) only is sad & will become foolish in Bannerlord where horse archer AI has been improved.

NPC99 said:
Kehlian said:
NPC99 said:
Kehlian said:

The additional processing required to split individual unit stacks across multiple groups is incompatible with delivering larger battles. I know which I would rather have. Choosing to limit your cavalry to Swadian Knights (or their BL equivalent) only is sad & will become foolish in Bannerlord where horse archer AI has been improved.

Well, if you have, say, 30 swadian cav, and 6 aserai cav (because reasons, recent loss of units, recent recruit, etc...), and you want to split them into 2 equivalent group ?

I also hope armies will be less dependant on cav in BL, since it's 200 yeas before warband, where you can't win if you don't have any cav :/ Viking conquest did it very well

Yeah, sadly in Warband you can't split your troops easily, but you can assign them to a division when you recruit soldiers, then you will have 2 divisions of the same troop. If you have a castle it's also possible to make divisions after the soldiers are already trained using the garrison feature, but its a annoying proccess. So, it's possible, but it's not so easy and intuitive.

Back
Top Bottom