Loading Screen Art - I can only draw one face

Users who are viewing this thread

The closer this game gets to release the dumber the threads become. **** this ****, not playing vidyas anymore, selling my computer now, **** everything, **** Bannerlord, **** the forums. Mods ban me, ban the **** out of me

Which is why I would expect them to have diversified the setting of the art rather than have them all be - Group of soldiers walking/riding in from the right side of the frame with the main character looking down on the viewer over his left shoulder.
Warband had way more interesting art with different poses, settings and even included snapshots of battle scenes.

A few examples I would have expected to showcase the game better would be:

A king on the throne.
Bandits in the alley.
Soldiers preparing for a battle in line formation.
A battle sequence.
Battered soldiers post battle.
Tavern people enjoying a drink and playing that checkers game (to remind the player that the tavern still exists).
Herding cattle to another village (showcasing the popular quest).
A spy being captured in a town setting (showcasing the Spy Among us quest).
Villagers plowing in their village.
Making defensive preparations for a seige.
Making offensive preparations for a seige.
A siege sequence.

There are a million snapshots you could make art from of the game, but they just decided to make art on the same sequence, but with the difference cultures. Its unimagginative and does nothing to excite me. That's why I think it is lazy and amateurish. I know its not a big deal whatsoever, as the game has far bigger flaws, but its just another thing I feel proves TW has just skimped out on.
With the amount of time the game was in development, I still wouldn't be surprised if they gave the artist (who is obviously technically talented and maybe just put under time pressure) a couple of weeks to bang out the loading screens. Seems like another rush job , just like the release trailer.

Similar to the release trailer, TW completely disregarded what the game was about and kinda just showed people riding around on horseback for 90% of it. It seems like they just don't know how to promote their game properly. Their twitter account just splurts out random historical facts for some reason, rather than sharing development updates.
Good points and constructive suggestions, I quite enjoyed this unexpected thread. :smile: Realised I do miss Warband art, it was exceptionally immersive, right, not saying Bannerlord art is bad tho

The closer this game gets to release the dumber the threads become. **** this ****, not playing vidyas anymore, selling my computer now, **** everything, **** Bannerlord, **** the forums. Mods ban me, ban the **** out of me

Hey so this is a forum about the game Bannerlord. This thread is about the art depicted in Bannerlord. Art is subjective and I wanted to have a discussion about how I don't like it and how I think it could be improved. I also want to talk about something else with the game other than the same stuff over and over again. "Ai broken", "seiges broken", "banners where", yeah we have had 1500 posts about that **** already so sorry for trying to change things up darling.

You on the other hand are just spouting utter boll*x and contributing nothing to the thread, so how about you stop p1ss posting on this thread and throwing a virtual tantrum?

I didn't respond to your first post on this thread, but seeing as you commented again, without anyone responding to your first post, I thought best I better give you a crumb of the attention your obviously desperate to get from me. So here it is your acknowledgement @Goyyyio.

Last edited:
What if they ARE the same guy but imagined as being form the different Civs and back grounds?

That's what I thought originally yeah which would be quite interesting in itself but I don't think this is what they were going for. Either way, would be better I'd they had them in different situations because currently the loading screen art depicts the game as a horse riding simulator.

A few examples I would have expected to showcase the game better would be:

A king on the throne.
Bandits in the alley.
Soldiers preparing for a battle in line formation.
A battle sequence.
Battered soldiers post battle.
Tavern people enjoying a drink and playing that checkers game (to remind the player that the tavern still exists).
Herding cattle to another village (showcasing the popular quest).
A spy being captured in a town setting (showcasing the Spy Among us quest).
Villagers plowing in their village.
Making defensive preparations for a seige.
Making offensive preparations for a seige.
A siege sequence.

I can almost see it in my mind. Amazing scenes indeed!

Good points and constructive suggestions, I quite enjoyed this unexpected thread. :smile: Realised I do miss Warband art, it was exceptionally immersive, right, not saying Bannerlord art is bad tho

Thanks! Yeah I was looking for the old loading screen art for warband and it seems to be quite difficult to find online. Had to load up the game to remember the range it had in comparison to Bannerlord.

On a technical standpoint the art is good in itself and my critique is quite harsh, It's just not very compelling or different from the other images. Dare I even say, the intro video is quite lacking in storytelling and it's art. The background they give is quite vanilla, so it would have been better for something a bit more animated, rather than that paper cut-out animation style.

On a side note, one of my favourite intro video sequences to a game was the Age of Mythology intro where they had the battle between two sides, showcasing the different troops and monsters you will be seeing in the game. I must have sat there and watched that ever time I loaded up the game as it got me pumped every time.

I can almost see it in my mind. Amazing scenes indeed!

Yeah I thought so too. I was even getting excited whilst writing it as in the back of my mind I was visualising the scene and how cool it would be.

As I said previously, scenes drawn up based on some of the more obscure quests given may give the player more initiative to play out said quest as they now have a subconscious basis of roleplaying.

You can respond to more than one person in the same post. He's only telling you as double or triple posting breaks forum rules because it adds to the server load.

Oh right. Sure there fk all people on here anymore anyway so servers can't be stretched too thin atm 🤣

What I often do is open the reply and copy the message (like this), then edit my older post and past it in and reply and save it. That way don't DOUBLE POST Oh no! Welcome to clown town!

Also reaction stickers would greatly cut down low quality posts and be very useful!

Oh lord andoyble post. HOW WILL THESE DEAD ASS FORUMS SURVIVE SOMEONE DOUBLE POSTING?!?! Let's keep coming into the the post and repeating the same thing explaining how the reply feature works so that the post keeps getting bumped and post and making snarky remarks because you have no idea how much DOUBLE POSTING INFURIATES ME 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡. Sap

Oh lord andoyble post. HOW WILL THESE DEAD ASS FORUMS SURVIVE SOMEONE DOUBLE POSTING?!?! Let's keep coming into the the post and repeating the same thing explaining how the reply feature works so that the post keeps getting bumped and post and making snarky remarks because you have no idea how much DOUBLE POSTING INFURIATES ME 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡. Sap
My man chill it's against forum rules to post multiple times that's it.

My man chill it's against forum rules to post multiple times that's it.

I was being sarcasticly angry because the person I was replying to was obviously quite upset at me.. which I thought was obvious. No need to tell me to chill 🤣

Back
Top Bottom