Version number
e1.6.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Smokehound

Recruit
Both the save game loading and creation times are completely absurd on all of the more recent builds of the game (1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / 1.6.1 / 1.6.2).
On average, loading a save game takes around > 103 seconds while saving the game (regardless if auto, or new save) takes more than four minutes.

The extremely long times wouldn't be an issue if you had to endure them only once per session however, it becomes quite painful when the game auto-saves after e.g. every battle.

The bottle neck is not the IO, but apparently the CPU usage. During loading or saving the game, only a single CPU thread is being utilized and there is very little to no disk activity. Only when the loading / saving process is close to being finished, then more than a single thread is being utilized. While Threadripper does not have the absolutely best possible single threaded performance, it's ST performance is more than sufficient. Simple task like this shouldn't take more than few seconds, IMO...

In this case the system specs shouldn't be to blame:

- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
- 64GB 3600MHz DRAM
- AMD Radeon 6800 XT
- HP EX950 1TB NVMe system drive
- XLR8 1TB SATA SSD drive for the game files
- Windows 10 Pro 19042.1165

I've also tried disabling CPU cores, in case the number of them would be the issue, that made no difference.
I also isolated the game to run only on a single CCD, to minimize the latency penalty. That made little to no difference either.

Saving:

NqI49Wq.png

Loading:

ifY6yXl.png

I'm sure the issue isn't that there isn't work being done, but at least so far there has been ZERO progress.

Each and every save takes up to 20 minutes on the system that was described in the OP. Af far as I can tell, the issue is that the vast majority of the process of creating the save file / of the memory allocation is single threaded. When the saving process is close to being completed, the process becomes multithreaded and the process is completes in matter of seconds (32C/64T CPU).

This is the case on both of the branches, the 1.6.4 and 1.6.5.
Should be needless to say that the game is and has been totally unplayable due to the ongoing issue.

Apparently I was wrong, about the work being done, that is.

Time to forget about the game and move on.
I cant say that I've ever had such horrible lag times, besides in 1 patch where something was broken, think that was 1.55?
They patched that fairly quickly.

From I loaded up a game to I was in it, it did take about 10s or so on my rig.

That said, stop savescumming.. and problem is fixed!
Pretty much unless you do that alot, then once its loaded it should be fine.

Keep in mind that this is still not a released game, so there can be something something that dont work properly with your rig(I have no idea what etc).

They constantly improve upon loadtimes, savetimes etc.

I think part of the problem is also that something is wrong on your end as you say that you cant upload a savefile due to the limitations of the site, so its pretty obvious its a local issue on your end.

I've never had that kind of trouble.

Autosaves is so fast on my end that I dont even notice it.

I'd start by verify the files first, upgrade to 1.65 or the 1.70 beta to see if its better.

Should that not work, I'd do a full reinstall, read I'd uninstall the game, then go into the folders and manually remove the leftovers that is there.
Then install it again.

Again I have no clue, just a gamer trying to help another.

Back
Top Bottom