Version number
e1.5.6
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-31_21.41.11_00000000000000000000000000000000
Summary: My save started crashing all of the sudden. I have not changed mods or anything since my last play session. I was however progressing through the story. I had saved my family from the bandit camp. However, when I went to meet them in the town I did not talk to him before adding my brother to my party. Then I talked to the 10 leaders to complete the first part of the main story and I collected the two pieces of the next part. When I google the error log it seems to be similar to an old quest bug that had negative days left to complete. Not sure if that is helpful or not. Other possibly useful information:

• The campaign was created on e.1.5.6
  • Tried disabling mods one at a time and disabling them all without any effect
  • Loading old autosaves does not work
  • Upgrading to beta e1.5.7 does not work

How to Reproduce: Load any of my saves.
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090
GPU Driver Version: 461.40 (latest)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
RAM: 32gm dual channel ddr4
Motherboard: ROG STRIX x570-E Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB M.2 SSD

So I started a new campaign and I think I realized what's wrong. During the "Save your family" quest I noticed after you go attack the bandit hideout the quest does not get put into a completed state and still shows up in the quest log, but only sometimes. Perhaps this has something to do with the bandit hideout you attack? When I did a hideout near "Lycaron" it was not completed after attacking the bandit hideout. But then I reloaded and I attacked the hideout near "Poros" the quest was properly completed. I did this two times to be sure it wasn't deciding to execute or not. But both times worked.

- Attacking hideout near poros worked both times
- Attacking hideout near lycaron did not work the only time I tried.

I would really like to fix my save if possible. Is there a way I can edit the save file to have the quest completed?

Unfortunately, we can't fix save files and having even the simple mods can corrupt the file in the long run due to the games sandbox nature.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom