In Progress Loading of party screen, inventory, trade is extremely slow every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

vanolder

Recruit
Summary: Every time the game open party screen after battle or otherwise, open inventory/trade/loot it is like its opening the first time in a game. It take forever (1 min?) to load the image for troop or trade items and textures are slowly added on player animation. This usually happened first load of a game, but now its every time. After the time passes everything is smooth and the player animation is moving freely.
The actual battles are no problems at all, no lagging to speak of with high graphics setting.
My impression is that this started with 1.5.9 update. The hotfix (or possibly the last nvidia drive update) seem to have made it worse.
Mods or no mods do not make a difference.
Mods used and removed: Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtenderEX, MOD Configuration Menu V4, Improved Garrisons, Surrender Tweaks, Diplomacy
How to Reproduce: It happens every time party or inventory is opened.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No, unless the guard pay reduction from Improve garrisons counts when it was active?
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6627
CPU: i5-9600K
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: MSI MS-7B51
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD for game, SSD for windows

Perhaps this is interesting?
A GPU % and temp graph of moving on the map, fighting and waiting for loading of troop images on the prisoners screen. If not the comparison in time between an army crushing a group of looters and the time to wait for the prisoners screen.
Png image from MSI Afterburner monitor

I went back to 1.5.8. Seems like the sensible thing to do until the problem is fixed. 1.5.9 saved games open in 1.5.8 (not the case for 1.5.10 though).

1.5.10 is definitely an improvement on 1.5.9. Granted some lag when you bring up trade windows, but since I have a pretty high end computer, it lasts for some seconds till the icons show up, but mileage may vary for less powerful machines.

1.5.9 did not escape the lag from what ive seen from streamer, before 1.5.10 I had most of my graphics to high, they are now medium to low and My videos/stream still slow down from a loss of resources. We are now 1 week into no hotifx, getting close to entering the 1.5.8 disaster that took 3 week to fix. This just proves why are we allowing things like this to go live without true testing. beta branch is 1 thing, but when it effects older branches, that is terrible. and if you cant fix it in a week, remove it, So tough luck all put up with it this weekend, we'll get to it when we are good and ready

I still managed to play a bit but honestly got too bugged with this situation. I actually ended up stopping completely as it is ruining the game.

I'm having the same issues. The game used to run fine for me and now it's unplayable. The lag on menus is ridiculous. Why has this been allowed? Surely when the problem was identified, whichever patch caused it should have been removed in a second patch by the Devs and not left for players to roll back themselves. Can you please fix the game you already have instead of trying to introduce new features?

The work is still in progress, while we have made some fixes that made it into 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 but the performance increase can be seen mostly on SSDs.
I think menus should be more text and less graphics. Maybe have some expandable preview region for those rare times I want to see the ugly mug of a mountain bandit. Also troop transfer between the player party and nearby parties of the same clan could be grouped together in a single menu, maybe just being able to manage every party we can manage from a single screen, also for troops/prisoners provided by a battle.

The work is still in progress, while we have made some fixes that made it into 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 but the performance increase can be seen mostly on SSDs.
Good that you wrote this.

Is this posted somewhere sticky on performance section of the tech forums?

It would be a good idea to track it from a single place because otherwise we players feel we are doing the same telemetry thing over and over only to notice it gets broken at next patches.

If only this "improvements were mostly for SSD. HDD still has problems. We are aware and will surely improving." was more visible, users would not be this clueless.

Back
Top Bottom