Resolved Scene Editor Loading map or generating new terrain causes instant crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Since the dev tool update an hour or two before this post, my editor has been unable to load any map (including base game ones) or generate any terrain, of any size and dimensions, without crashing instantly, it doesn't even go not responding, just instant crash message. I have tried both verifying and reinstalling tools, the problem persisted.

Found the solution, the issue was in the custom module I used to Import assets into BL, not sure what about it caused the issue though

Tools can be finicky like this. For the record the application can still sometimes go "Not Responding" when generating terrain, its dependent on if you go past 10x10/import a heightmap

Are you still experiencing this issue?
Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

The issue seemed to be with the textures I was importing into the editor, when I disabled the module containing those textures it loaded fine. This was about 2 weeks ago so I may have uploaded a crash log but I don't remember if I did. I also deleted the textures a while ago as well, but they are in my recycle bin, so if it would help to have those I can try to send them. I have added new texture into the editor since then, so I dont know if it was something weird or if it had to do with the specific textures I was using

Back
Top Bottom