Loading bar in the loading menu.. is it a DDS file? [SOLVED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, last time i've been here was in 2011.. Anyways i'm changing the loading menus but there are a couple bits that i can't remove or change, for example the red loading bar in the loading menu that loads the game into the main menu and the dark shader in the loading menu that loads the save into gameplay..

I can't find any .dds files to change them.. Do i need to look somewhere else or am i just overlooking the .dds file?

Solution
Look up the brf core_ui_meshes in your mod, there the Meshes progressbar and progressbar_handle. They are calling the material ui_over which is calling the texture interface. So the texture interface.dds should be what you are looking for.
Look up the brf core_ui_meshes in your mod, there the Meshes progressbar and progressbar_handle. They are calling the material ui_over which is calling the texture interface. So the texture interface.dds should be what you are looking for.

Thanks for the help.
Now, 2 questions arise:
- First, the interface.dds file has some parts with a black background and some parts with a white background, to remove the progress bar texture should i apply a white background or a black background? And if i do this and save the file will it not 'corrupt' the other elements?
- The second question is: would it not be easier to just remove the line (in the brf file) that calls for such textures to be displayed?

Upvote 0
Ah, I see, you want to remove the loading bar completely, don't you? Then you have two options:

1) You click on the above mentioned meshes and move them down in openbrf via rightclick and then 'Roto-translate-rescale'.
2) You rename the two meshes to 'old_***' or 'original_***' and put there two empty meshes (so at which you can't see anything) with their names instead.

2) would perhaps be the better solution since you can then always easily come back to the loading bar again.

Upvote 0
Ah, I see, you want to remove the loading bar completely, don't you? Then you have two options:

1) You click on the above mentioned meshes and move them down in openbrf via rightclick and then 'Roto-translate-rescale'.
2) You rename the two meshes to 'old_***' or 'original_***' and put there two empty meshes (so at which you can't see anything) with their names instead.

2) would perhaps be the better solution since you can then always easily come back to the loading bar again.

Alright, i've resolved one issue. Here's the preview of the main loading screen:
LOAD.png

Now the other issue is this:
jhjhkhj.png

That black shadow across the screen, i couldn't find it in the .brf file that had the progress bar, however this shadow is not from any load bar, it's just there so the "loading" text could be readable.. Any ideas?
Cheers.

Upvote 0
The first loading screen with the progress bar is done, i took care of it with the help of @Eärendil the Mariner
The only problem i have now is in the second loading screen with the dark shader, where in the hell am i gonna find the shader texture, assuming it is a texture even..
Ah, but do you know why the handle is red? It looks not red

Upvote 0
That's probably getting handled in the brf file, there are two meshes, a full one and an empty one connected with it.

This is correct. Ive edited the actual progression bar with the brfeditor.
I have also managed to work around the dark shader in the save game loading menu, used an image with a dark gradient to 'disguise' the shader.
I will mark the thread as solved and post a link to the mod later once it has been reviewed and accepted.

Cheers fellas.

Upvote 0
The only problem i have now is in the second loading screen with the dark shader, where in the hell am i gonna find the shader texture, assuming it is a texture even..
What you are looking for is the "white_plane" mesh, located in 'user_interface_b' in native. Note that since this presentation, the load presentation, is encoded from the engine, it is not possible to control the mesh, and other presentations use it within the game. Do a search inside your module and weigh the modification of this mesh.
gdFm7jP.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's hardcoded. For TLD Marco Tarini used a custom loading bar shader attached to a custom pair of meshes with the same names (progressbar and progressbar_handle) in our custom copy of core_ui_meshes.brf.

You just need to have your own core_ui_meshes.brf override in your Modules/<mod>/Resource folder and 'modern' versions of Warband will pick that one up instead of the one in CommonRes. Hope that helps.

PS: Keep in mind these hardcoded meshes like white_plane are reused for a lot of stuff, like normal popup backgrounds. But only their names are hardcoded, as long as they exist somewhere you can replace their contents, and maybe even control their positions, translucency and other stuff via custom shaders, vertex colors, special material flags and things like that. I have a list of hardcoded stuff somewhere in the forum.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom