Live as a Bandit

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hope they add something like this to the base game at some point. Given that we even have a Roguery skill it would make sense and that was a thing you really couldn't do in Warband.

Exactly! There is honestly no real choice to live like a bandit. Having a stash, recruiting other bandits, having a wanted level with specific parties hunting you, that would be amazing! This is one of those things that should have been thought about in Bannerlord, we didn't have it in M&B and we should have it in a sequel. Lords that have devious skills should be able to hire you "unofficially" to raid certain kingdoms, attack villages, and even sack castles/towns.

I made a post earlier about features and how im worried this may be an updated "M&B". Every passing day I get the feeling that we will have to rely on mods for many things, but i really hope im proven wrong!

Honestly: modders had always been doing a great job and I put my trust in them. It would be great if Bannerlord would have a top tier gameplay by itself but I know I will be highly satisfied thanks to the modders anyway. LoTR mod... oh boi, that's what I've bought this game for.

I really hope they add something like this to the base game at some point. Given that we even have a Roguery skill it would make sense and that was a thing you really couldn't do in Warband.
They claimed that they intend to make such a playstyle possible. If that idea survived the realities of actually making the game, and is going to live beyond just a developer's wishful thinking, is yet to be seen.

The main things I see getting in the way of this right now is the lack of a base (i.e. hideout), the all-or-nothing resolution of battles (you have to either win, lose, or maybe try to leave with a big loss), and the lack of hiding on the campaign map (i.e. ability to camouflage for escape or ambush).

Small hit and run guerilla tactics are very difficult to simulate. If there's a large army you can't touch it, when in reality a large army isn't as cohesive as that. I'd like to be able to, with a small and elite enough force, peck at it and maybe steal some supplies and kill a small number of men.

IT would be cool if the had a "bandit hideout" mechanic that would let you establish a secret lair which would have some shady black market NPC characters that could act like merchants.

I was literally watching a video like this 10min ago. He could also recruit the bandit troops from the hideouts.

Not sure what mod it was though.

Exactly! There is honestly no real choice to live like a bandit. Having a stash, recruiting other bandits, having a wanted level with specific parties hunting you, that would be amazing! This is one of those things that should have been thought about in Bannerlord, we didn't have it in M&B and we should have it in a sequel. Lords that have devious skills should be able to hire you "unofficially" to raid certain kingdoms, attack villages, and even sack castles/towns.

I made a post earlier about features and how im worried this may be an updated "M&B". Every passing day I get the feeling that we will have to rely on mods for many things, but i really hope im proven wrong!

You know TaleWorlds have already talked before about that they are going to implement life as a bandit. That's why you have roguery and all this things already in the game, the whole of the bandit part is just not finished. Really, it's 1 month into EA which will last at minimum one good year, probably more. I suggest you stop worrying so much, stop obsessing, and relax a little bit. If nothing else, come back in 6-12 months and see what state the game is then. No need to get gray hairs already, friend.

You know TaleWorlds have already talked before about that they are going to implement life as a bandit. That's why you have roguery and all this things already in the game, the whole of the bandit part is just not finished. Really, it's 1 month into EA which will last at minimum one good year, probably more. I suggest you stop worrying so much, stop obsessing, and relax a little bit. If nothing else, come back in 6-12 months and see what state the game is then. No need to get gray hairs already, friend.

Obsessing is a bit much, but I'll def stop worrying. There haven't been a lot of games I've been excited about for a real long time and i want it to reach its full potential. I'm sure you and quite a few folks on this forum have been let down by EA developers before, so a bit of cynicism is valid.

Obsessing is a bit much, but I'll def stop worrying. There haven't been a lot of games I've been excited about for a real long time and i want it to reach its full potential. I'm sure you and quite a few folks on this forum have been let down by EA developers before, so a bit of cynicism is valid.

I know where you are coming from and I know where you are. I have been through it too and Bannerlord is probably my most wished for realized game even in my life. If it turns out even remotely close to our dreams, we'll be happy.

Right now though, the game is in development. That's a fact. No rushing or worrying will ever make it happen faster or better, just makes it worse for all of us. Let's have fun in the meantime and enjoy what else there is in life, and keep a watchful eye here. Cynicism is needed in this world, yes, but worrying about this here right now not so much. :smile:

After all, Mount and Blade came from the exact same road that Bannerlord is on now. EA, lacking features, etc, and eventually they created one of the best games of all time. I have good hopes they are trying their very best this time around to make it happen again. It just takes time.

Back
Top Bottom