Little to no love for WFAS

Users who are viewing this thread

kwbudirt said:
There's some mention here about modding the game. Now, I know I am a measly little "noob" but even a noob should be able to do some  simple modding. Nope! WF&S, however, is totally NERFED!
Warband is fairly easy to mod. I have made some little tweaks through the module system like adding troops, changing some dialog, making wives more immersive, etc.
W&S though? Forget that!! Why? Idk. Further, I can't figure it out either!
WF&S has some internal, I don't know WTF, mechanics that make changing anything pretty much impossible. The devs seem to have "bypassed" the module system in favor of  the .csv files in the language folder. But, wait, ungh, ungh, changes to those files don't work either!
The only good thing IMO about WF&S is I got it for $2 on Steam. Further, my one and only satisfaction will be watching this obscure piece of excrement die the obscure death it so justly deserves. RIP WF&S!!!
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/621042/resized_picard-wtf-meme-generator-what-the-****-did-i-just-read-b399db.jpg

kwbudirt said:
There's some mention here about modding the game. Now, I know I am a measly little "noob" but even a noob should be able to do some  simple modding. Nope! WF&S, however, is totally NERFED!
Warband is fairly easy to mod. I have made some little tweaks through the module system like adding troops, changing some dialog, making wives more immersive, etc.
W&S though? Forget that!! Why? Idk. Further, I can't figure it out either!
WF&S has some internal, I don't know WTF, mechanics that make changing anything pretty much impossible. The devs seem to have "bypassed" the module system in favor of  the .csv files in the language folder. But, wait, ungh, ungh, changes to those files don't work either!
The only good thing IMO about WF&S is I got it for $2 on Steam. Further, my one and only satisfaction will be watching this obscure piece of excrement die the obscure death it so justly deserves. RIP WF&S!!!

The module system there is for WFAS(if there is any at all) is old and outdated as far as I know.

Successful modding has been done but to a limited degree. I too feel so sad that it is so. :sad:

yep. the lack of mod-ability shortens the shelf life of a "sandbox" game. It is sad really. Personally, I'd like to play around with it a little but my knowledge of python is very limited. Seems Viking Conquest has everyone's attention now. Well, no sense beating a dead horse. have a good day  :smile:

Well, we pleaded and pleaded the current developers of "Carribean!" to update WFAS, and they in fact said they would consider it when they're done developing Carribean.

Very unlikely as nothing was concretely promised, though WFAS recently did get a chinese language update so who knows.

Honestly they are slowly but effectively doing all they promised they'd do with Carribean, I just wish they'd suddenly turn and bestow our dear WFAS with many new things as well as bugfixes, but they have little to gain from that so it's unlikely.

I play WFas multiplayer since 2011 and im in the polish community dzikiepola.info .All I can say is that WFAS needs A PATCH.YES, WFAS NEEDS A PATCH WITH NEW MAPS AND FIXED BUGGES.Then 50% players would come back and wfas would be again alive.There are many clan wars videos, it very great and for me clanwars in WFas are better and more dynamic than in Warband.

Here are some videos that you can watch

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMk_LxWolZUFlZAO7U-7aLw

i moved on to VC Reforged. It's very good. Active community with devs who are involved. pretty stable game. quests work.

kwbudirt said:
W&S though? Forget that!!

With and Sword!  :lol:

Seriously though, the multiplayer is gorgeous. And a long time ago the csv language files worked, so it should work right? Havent tested yet, but I'm sure.

I am new to M&B, picked up Warband's demo in 2014 or so. Then bought WFAS and Warband. Then bought Viking Conquest. The moddabillity is insane, uncomprehensible at best. (I accidentally broke the code of a copy of Warband on my other computer) Then I got Morgh's and TweakMB and BAAAM M&B suddenly became my slave (metaphorically) able to bend, twist and turn its rules at my command. It was AMAZING!! I even modded WFAS so it was (roughly) playable by RAMPING UP THE PARTY SIZES! OH YEAH BABY!!! So yeah guys. #nevergiveuponwfas

I hope they will make a WFaS DLC for Bannerlord

EDIT: It would be great to see an English civil war mod for WFaS. I planned to do it, but im noob at doing mods, so I will need mapper, scener and maybe scripter + a person which can do basic models, since im the guy who can just use the model as a base and rework it  :razz:, like does Parrot

Back
Top Bottom