Little to no love for WFAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Nopkar

Recruit
I'm wondering why this expansion has so little love for it. I understand its difficult but so much groundwork has already been laid down by taleworlds regarding firearms and general gameplay. What I don't understand is why there aren't more mods for this? Seems like some of the Napoleonic mods for warband would be far easier to implement here than in native warband, but that might just be my misinformed view on it.

Wfas has no features/functions that aren't already in native (afaik). Unless a modder is too lazy to do the 10 minute job of implementing firearms properly, native is a much better option since not everybody owns wfas and it's no longer supported.

In theory you could make wfas in native, but not the other way round.

With Fire and Sword has been dying since years for now...

The main reason is that the players left it to other games such as Warband. If only the game got a new and more realistic patch, it'd still swim towards the glory it had in 2011 and 2012.

We, the ones who play it, try to find little reasons to love this game. But it's hard. It's really hard.

We tried to do events, tournaments, leagues, but nothing had helped this game. It seems like a lost cause since not even the devs care about it as far as I saw. However, there are still some players who believe that With Fire and Sword can be "resurrected" and personally, I'm one of them.

Why ? It's not moddable as Warband ,and it's not sandbox,it have campagin that you need to follow.With lack of good mods,this game is duying for more than a year.Some good mod will revive this game,but Warband already have a bunch of good mods.

Well there are good mods but what is realy needed is a new patch the balances the multiplayer and some buggfixes in singleplayer....

furthermore they deleted a lot of items which where used in Warband, those should be copied in again.

But since the developters gave up the game it will keep dieing and I can understand that there aren't many modders who want to create a mod for a dieing game.

I haven't WFAS but I like much this age and I liked was open and moddable as Warband is.
As Knezevic say,I hate to follow a pre-defined trail, prefering move freely and choose my allegiances.

I think that the 2 way for WFAS are 1) find some modder and solve the problems, or 2) remake WFAS with Warband and with more free path.

One of the reasons I switched from WFAS to Warband was because the combat mechanics are somewhat more realistic in Warband.

Probably the best thing with WFAS are the clan wars. Those were really great.

WFAS was the misunderstood little brother of the family, if I was to put it in a figure of speech.

I mean, the firearms idea was great. It certainly seemed like it would fit with the game. However, the choice of location in my opinion was awful. When a person thinks of musket warfare, they usually think of Western Europe, not Eastern Europe. If it were France, Britain, Spain, even in the Ottoman Empire itself, then it would be alright to me. However, I just didn't find much appeal in 1600's Russia and Poland.

In the case of mods: what everybody else said. There's nothing unique to show. The best I can come up with is at least there's an identical coding system to rip the WFAS muskets from and place them into a Warband mod, assuming that's even legal.
The only good thing I can see in the way of true uniqueness in game form is the questlines. There are very few mods with actual quest LINES, quest after quest. WFAS has that, albeit buggy as it is, but it was something worthy of noting.

I absolutely love the location and time period, it's my favourite setting out of any of the games yet (possibly bar Dark Age Britain). I'd love to see people get back into making mods for WFaS.

What do you guys mean about the combat mechanics being different? I haven't noticed any differences other than the inclusion of new weapons and siege features.

SomeHairyGuy said:
I absolutely love the location and time period, it's my favourite setting out of any of the games yet (possibly bar Dark Age Britain). I'd love to see people get back into making mods for WFaS.

What do you guys mean about the combat mechanics being different? I haven't noticed any differences other than the inclusion of new weapons and siege features.
I agree the location was well chosen.

As for the combat this is what I meant: spears and pikes are WAY over-powered due to their speed and upper attack glitch. Also you have muskets - they are too accurate, take very short time to reload and you can also walk while doing it. Compare it with the muskets in Napoleonic Wars and you'll see.

Afraid I don't have NW (internet not right for multiplayer games... <sobs>); but yep, moving and reloading a musket would be pretty darn hard to do, I'd reckon. Maybe more feasible with pistols, at a push (that's how they do it in L'Aigle,at least). As for musket accuracy, I'm usually too busy using a double-barreled pistol or swinging my sabre around to care about standing about and popping shots off every 12 odd seconds

Standing while shooting is the only way to get muskets to work in the warband engine. If they can only reload while stationary they don't obey movement orders, and hardly manage to get any shots off. It's actually pretty broken in that respect and most musket modders have to make that hard gameplay vs accuracy decision.

When it comes to Fire and Swords multiplayer it was completely unbalanced, worse than Warband Native. (I love Native but I have some gripes.) It's absurd to have fast moving Cossack pistoleers that make melee combat obsolete, not to mention overpowered bows and spears that are so broken I really don't have words to describe them. With Fire and Sword was just poorly produced, SiCh gave up entirely and it missed out on the patches and improvement Warband saw throughout the years. I'm not even sure WFaS attracted too many new players the M&B community. People saw a new M&B game played it a bit realised the one they bought a year ago was better in almost every way. I loved WFaS but SiCh are the ones who killed it. From a modding perspective they removed features that were actually modded back in. WFaS added so little that there was no reason to stay a mod single player. SiCh failed the community and they are the ones who killed their game.

The community of WFaS did try to either make the game's Multiplayer running or to just "resurrect" it. But what can we do if even the #mod quit it to Warband?...

With Fire and Sword would need and would have needed a patch 2 years ago even. I mean seriously, the game was only patched 2 times as far as I know, while it's 10+ for Warband.

All we can do is keep trying. WFaS will die out when Bannerlord comes out anyway (if it ever comes out of course), and I think the Multiplayer Community of the game can allow theirselves to struggle a little bit more.

Speaking of some a lot of Fire and Sword players moving to Warband, some just won't do that because they don't want to, even though many people are asking them to do so. In my honest opinion WFaS still has a better multiplayer gameplay and community than Warband, and it's worth playing even if the game is laggy and dying.

Marth The Gryphonhearted said:
The community of WFaS did try to either make the game's Multiplayer running or to just "resurrect" it. But what can we do if even the #mod quit it to Warband?...

With Fire and Sword would need and would have needed a patch 2 years ago even. I mean seriously, the game was only patched 2 times as far as I know, while it's 10+ for Warband.

All we can do is keep trying. WFaS will die out when Bannerlord comes out anyway (if it ever comes out of course), and I think the Multiplayer Community of the game can allow theirselves to struggle a little bit more.

Speaking of some a lot of Fire and Sword players moving to Warband, some just won't do that because they don't want to, even though many people are asking them to do so. In my honest opinion WFaS still has a better multiplayer gameplay and community than Warband, and it's worth playing even if the game is laggy and dying.

I really am quite annoyed with SiCh's complete withdrawal from WFaS with no real comment on it. WFaS is heading for a complete shut down on the North American side of things with even Europe coming in behind it.

My dream was WFAS like Warband: a litttle avoiding quest at the start (or none, like 1257), then the game.

The location is marvelous: for a time, finally, an unusual place like East Europe-nice chioice, really! and XVII century, another well aimed chioice, firearms and blades.

What I hate mainly is the linear game- i must do this, then that...

HET! (NIET) I like roam, do my choices, choose my king, become someone or be the soldier in a lord army!

In 1257 and Brytenwalda I follow my own path, do my own choices, and I like do the same in WFAS.

Why you old WFAS players dont try to unite together and make a WFAS mod using Warband? Or try to do a class action, revolting alls and writing to the staff for make they work to a real playable WFAS? Do, please.

As it happens, I feel the same thing about With Fire and Sword. I like the expansio a lot. So, I started with the Native With Fire and Sword as a base and decided to make a mod about Western Europe in 1610 AD. So far, I've added some effects from OSP packs, like the realistic Smoke and Sound for Muskets pack, made some items and done some of the map. I hope that this will appeal to you, fellow dissapointed WFaS players.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom