List troop issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Im going through the NE troops and fixing their skills since im bored, so will people please list issues with the troops and their skills. Hopefully my work might actually be useful to soulmata.

Cool fix, can you also make the lords smarter cuz I'm tired of seeing Lords win a castle and leave it with no garrison troop in it. I really want to help the Nord kingdom become the ultimate kingdom (instead of previous game with my own kingdom) but these lords defeated enemy castles and left it empty so next rival lords can take it back a minute later.  :sad:

I don't know if they're design choices or not, but some of the Rhodok troop trees seem inconsistent.

- Scouts lose their crossbow when upgraded to Veteran Scouts, but not their horseback archery skill.
- Master Swordsmen are guaranteed a board shield, but if they get a two-handed weapon they prefer that and don't use the shield, maybe because they have 140 proficiency in every weapon.  Having them hold fire gets them to use the shield, but it really isn't practical in a siege.  I really miss Sergeants from vanilla, and it's disappointing to see there are no top-tier Rhodok melee troops with board shields.
- Rhodok nobles get worse equipment as they upgrade.  Armsmen are guaranteed full plate and board shields making them very durable in battle, while Champions only get mail and sometimes a relatively weak shield.  Despite their superior skills Champions are overall less effective in battle and I prefer to keep my Armsmen unupgraded for that reason.

Also, kind of a trivial issue, but Spear Knights often don't have a spear, though they are effective nonetheless.

Many Sarranid top units have clothes and low tier weapons.
I also don't know if it's an issue, but swadian noble cavalry, paladins and priests use sarranid boots.
But mostly this:
Modesto said:
Also, kind of a trivial issue, but Spear Knights often don't have a spear, though they are effective nonetheless.

Sorry this is kinda off topic but I wanted to say this in case anyone noticed, when you press v to call in early reinforcements, the enemy team also gets reinforcements so that kinda counters the point.

Modesto said:
- Rhodok nobles get worse equipment as they upgrade.  Armsmen are guaranteed full plate and board shields making them very durable in battle, while Champions only get mail and sometimes a relatively weak shield.  Despite their superior skills Champions are overall less effective in battle and I prefer to keep my Armsmen unupgraded for that reason.

I agreed on that...
top tier normal unit of rhodok loss thier shield...
and the armsmen should in top tier of the noble with increase weapon skill...the champion should made to the 1st tier or some thing...
or just fix the noble top tier..

Back
Top Bottom