List of suggestions (sorted+opinion of the majority) Updated 9 Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Could you please make cow herds in Warband to follow the player party as in fire&Sword? It's very annoying chasing those cows most of the time.

why not to use artillery 2 broke walls in sieges?

if u dont beleive me, see this video of a pro modder :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GRtjwkFK0&feature=related

Most likely that already posted somewhere, but the heck.
My suggestion - troops that are wounded/knocked out don't become corpse. Thing is, you can kill them in the battlefield.
Example - you are wielding a blunt weapon, and knocked out some poor recruit. He is lying unconscious/badly wounded. You switch to your non blunt weapon, and can stab/shoot/w/e him while he is lying helpless. That will kill the troop for sure.

I'd like to develop an economy enough to where I can establish a professional standing army instead of a feudal one.

And I ask where is the replay system?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,1399.90.html

Warband needs the engine tweaked for modern computers. With 12 gigs, 6 cores, and a GTX 580 I should be capable of a thousand or more folks on the screen at once with reasonable frames per second, instead it chokes up around 400. This game can't possibly be as straining on the computers resources as Arma 2 is, and yet I can play that game with all the settings, including ones I don't require on max, and get 50 or so frames per second.

This problem also feeds into another problem: unit caps. Some may be comfortable with small groups of units in successive waves, but this game really shines in big battles, especially in many of the mods available for Warband. Leaving this issue to a patcher isn't the way to go.

1) For this game (Warband or even M&B2) most important are changes of combat system. Authors should decrease physical abilities of warriors in game, now duel looks slightly similar to Unreal, 2 guys running around each other, jumping and smashing and waving swords chaotically. Normal man would lose balance and fall immediately.

2) In lot of unrealistic RPGs there are stamina/fatigue bar. If You would add bar like this, fight immediately would be more cautious, realistic and far less chaotic! It would be impossible to waving sword meaningless. Horses should have stamina bar too.

3) Tricks when we are constantly changing the direction of attack. It looks funny when some warrior with 2handed axe begins to waving his weapon 5 - 6 times per secound to decieve us and we are doing it in the same way. Weapon should have some inertion and we should need time to change direction of attack. It would be more realistic and looks better. Fights would be longer and more satisfying.

4) Maybe some simple player damage system, if we have hurted hand our schield or weapo drops on the ground, if leg - we schould limps.

5) You should think about conversion the game to FPP. In Oblivion FPP looks great, we can fell enemys breath and weight of his stroken on our schield. Helmets schold limis our field of view.

I greet all the fans of M & B!

I agree with sermen. If you wear heavy equippment, and use a 2h sword, you shouldn't be able to move it as if it didn't weigh anything to confuse other players. Plus, if the equippment is heavy, you should get tired and the stamina bar would be a good idea in my opinion.

I've been playing since August of 2011, and I play just the multiplayer.  I like Native, but it wasn't realistic enough.  I tried Vikingr, and I think that mod does a lot of things right.  Too bad its servers are all in Germany and there's only 3 of them.  There's a lot that Native could improve upon, Vikingr would be good for ideas.

Just a few of my own suggestions,

1.  Cavalry should not be able to ride their horses on the castle walls and jump down from the ramparts and gallop away. 

2. There should be a limit on how players of a particular class are allowed on the field.  When more than 50% of the team is archers, it gets really annoying.  Same with cavalry spamming.

3. I think everyone knows how two handed weapons are too fast to attack with.  Slow them down, they already have great reach and damage.

I'm suggesting  to make burning throwing grenades like in-Kingdom in Heaven- crusaders throw to Saracens in siege towers :grin:  those grenades will be doing damage to players life and shield if player doesn't die

Okay, I've read the forum rules. But I want to compile all of my thoughts in one place first. Then I'll search out specific elements and either create a new thread for each thing, or add to an existing one... Thanks for your patience. :smile:

My experience with the franchise is limited to M&B: Warband. No Fire and Sword, no Napoleonic. Just straight Warband, with no impactful single-player mods as of yet (though I've had a few suggested). So forgive me if any of my suggestions have been handled in later releases or mods (and please let me know if they have!).

With M&B2 announced, and TaleWorlds being a rather small developer, I figure I may as well make my concerns known, because they're much more likely to listen. And because I am frothing for M&B2 already.

1 - Multiplayer Campaign: The design for M&B is something that, with a few tweaks for multiplayer, could easily outshine most other multiplayer games on the market. The combat is phenomenal, in itself. Throw in the politics and strategy of the campaign, and it's an amazing thing. Imagine: players starting their own factions and working with or against whichever other nations they choose; working in the same faction, only to have one backstab the leader or arrange a coup (if an influential Lord suddenly breaks away, his lands go with him - it's a powerful thing...). There would have to be limitations, naturally, because you want to have all engaged parties on at once. So perhaps a player limit of eight or ten, with a necessity of 75% online, minimum. Those players absent would be contolled by AI. And no player can be controlled by AI for more than one consecutive in-game month.

So, hard to set up properly, but I know of lots of little gaming communities who would LOVE this.

2 - UI Improvements: The User Interface is often clunky and unwieldy. I'll give a few examples.

2a - Purchasing Gifts: The mechanic for purchasing gifts for your lords to win favor with them is one of the worst cases. Earning this ability is difficult, as it is. But the act of clicking through the menus for ten or twenty minutes straight is murder. Click the "I'd like to improve my relations" convo option, the specific Lord, and the amount to spend - aside from that are two or three "(Left click to continue)" bits of conversation. So, to make things easier, why not allow a sliding scale, rather than just one, two, or three? And if you like, the point-per-thousand-Denars is fine, but I don't see why we can't allow 'discounts' - if you plop a lump sum of $1,000 into somebody's hand, they're going to like you better than if you did ten separate instances of $100. It's just how the psychology works. So I would suggest that for every 5,000 you drop, you get an extra point. Again at 10k and 20k. Stacking. So Dropping 20k denars on one lord would net a 27 point gain (four instances of 5k, two of 10k, one of 20k).

This could be further improved by putting the list of lords into some semblance of order so that they aren't so difficult to find, and by listing their properties by their names, just as it's done when you initially take a castle or town, and the option appears for which lord to give it to; or just allow for a link to the player's notes. This allows for prioritization of gifts - obviously, the Lord with the most holdings is the one you want to keep happiest.

2b - Assigning fiefs through secretary/councilor/whatever-the-position-I-gave-my-wife-is-called: There is an issue here, as well. When you initially gain a fief, you're shown a list of which Lords have what to help you decide. Why isn't that information present here, as well? Also, why am I only told one very vague result of the 'voting'. I want to know everybody who was backed, and by whom. As King, I want to know the ins-and-outs, so I can make the best decision. This small addition would add a LOT of depth to an already amazing title.

2c - Battle Strategy: There are a few things here. I wish I could pause momentarily as I looked at the numbers and the map. I also wish the map was an actual map, with terrain, rather than a completely transparent square. This UI issue is only half of my concern with Battle Strategy, though...

3 - Battle Strategy (continued): Again, the pause option would be nice. It would allow time to actually issue commands. On top of this, I'd like the option to 'queue' commands - if you've played the last Splinter Cell game, with its marking targets to execute several things at once, you might know what I mean.

When I enter a battle, I want the ability to give a series of orders (each executed in turn, at 1-2 second intervals simply because no leader can yell five things at the same time...). So I queue up:
-Cavalry, follow
-Infantry, move here
-Infantry, stand close
-Archers, move here
-Archers, then move here

And those orders are executed as I lead the Cavalry off to begin the battle. The amount of orders that can queue should be equal to your personal Tactics score - giving those odd numbers a point. Furthermore, there should be an option to set initial battle plans before the battle launches, which would be just like the screen and map that comes up with the 'backspace' key (except with the changes I've already mentioned, such as terrain, of course). This wouldn't be too hard - just an option to add on the list with "Lead your soldiers in an assault" and "Order the attack to begin without you".

As one last element of this, the ability to determine formation would be nice. Instead of one long line of soldiers, two or three ranks of troops, with custom specifications, if desired. Maybe have a formation editor?

4 - Advanced Sieges: These seem just a little too simple. I know in Multiplayer, the offensive team gets a chance to raise gates and such; the defenders can throw down ladders. Why not in Campaign? Why not also give the defenders the capacity to raid outside the walls to hit the seige machines as they're being constructed (at the risk, of course, of allowing the enemy to breach the gate); newly-arriving reinforcements should have to fight their way into the castle or town through the siege lines; there should be a capacity for building anti-siege traps and weapons during times of peace - just add those to the list of possible improvements to castles and towns. Lastly, any prisoners whom I can't manage to add to my party should be given a chance to add to the new garrison. Say, for each one, grant a 50% chance of adding to the new garrison. The newly-freed men may want to leave, but they might also want to stay and torment their captors. now that the tide has turned.

5 - Custom Troops: I think that, since you may be forming your own new nation, maybe you want to create custom troop types. On top of this, you might consider making villages dynamic. Once they've been owned by one nation for a consecutive year, their recruit type shifts to that new nation, which forces the player to create his faction's unique identity from scratch. I'm certain that assigning values to specific gear and skills shouldn't be too difficult, allowing for the game to determine the cost to upgrade for fresh troop types

That's all I have for the moment. :grin:

Okay PLEASE add some more music to the game, it feels like there is 5 different one. Its annoying to hear the same ones over and over again were ever you go, love the game apart from that :wink:

I think its better to return to old M&B combat command interface in single mode.
In Warband menus for commands are damn annoying.
Before: I could order my troops to go there and do that not wasting my time listing through menus.
Now: I can't even order my troops without stopping in the middle of massacre. Even if I do, its easy to make wrong decision cause menus use same keys for all commands and if you choose accidentally wrong menu (which happens often cause its during damn battle and I have no time!) - you are screwed. There is also pretty damn confusing way of dividing commands between menus. Some commands that logically associated with movement added to formation and some that associates with attack divided between fire and movement. The worst thing that now before giving any order player have to click several keys. In old M&B it was easy and logical - choose troops - one key, release order - second. No confusing menus! No repeating keys for different commands! Its damn quicker and instinctive to click two keys instead of three! Even if you did mistake you could correct order immediately. Now in Warband this is disaster! Not only you fight through menus fighting through enemies, you can't even correct wrong order - you have to again fight trough menus. This is horrible! Horrible!
And I'm not even complain here about new lance mechanic (horrible) cause I think its possible to set lance in old M&B mode. I think it would be wise to give players opportunity to do the same with command interface. I want my normal M&B control back! I can't control anything in Warband and this is damn frustrating!
So to say I don't care about commands like "choose blunt weapon". I used widely "fire, cease fire" but never this. Why do you needed to create damn menu list it in it. It was accessible through combat map anyway. And in case  "fire, cease fire" definitely menus only makes a great mess. Impossible to control archers.
I don't care about "groups 2, 3, 4, 5" and other useless units listed under number keys. I'm not playing damn Starcraft! I don't even have enough forces for two groups. And I don't need it! I want normal control keys. Thats all.

And where is that flag with red cross from old M&B? Liked it a lot. I can't care less about Saracens and their retarded heraldic, but you removed best flag from the game to add them? There was nothing better than shield with that cross, now lots of ugly coat of arms are still there...

Disappointed badly.

Back
Top Bottom